Henderson-Kilgore

Sportsfanatic1

Wow we got too see two great running backs tonight. Anthony from Kilgore is amazing and Polk from Henderson is the same. This thing with Anthony being hurt was a bunch of hogwash. But great games by both guys.

Henderson's Polk is a beast... 28 carries for well over 200 yrds... Henderson has not had a running back like that in years.

31 to 21

Anthony 18 carries, 209 yards, 1 TD

Polk 35 carries, 209 yards, 1 TD

Polk really took over on that final drive, the 8 minute one that took almost the entire time off the 4th quarter. BTW, it came after an Anthony fumble and he never touched the ball again because Kilgore had to pass to try and get down and score.

That was a huge play because Anthony went for 28, but got caught on the angle and when he got hit, he fumbled.

Overall, just a great game by two heated rivals.

Someone said in another post that Henderson hadn't been tested. I beg to differ. They played Kilgore. There's no bigger test than a huge rival.

Great game last night. Especially since Henderson won. . . for the second year in a row. . . AT Kilgore. :clap: :clap:

I said before the game that our defense is not as dominant as it has looked, but they do a good job of creating turnovers, and that turned out to be the story of the game in the 4th quarter.

Great game last night. Especially since Henderson won. . . for the second year in a row. . . AT Kilgore. :clap: :clap:

I said before the game that our defense is not as dominant as it has looked, but they do a good job of creating turnovers, and that turned out to be the story of the game in the 4th quarter.

Congrats to the Henderson Lions and to you bigpappabear. Youy guys have waited a long time for a good team. Wish Kilgore could have gone down to 3A with you. We only missed it by 4 kids. Maybe next time.

Henderson's Polk is a beast... 28 carries for well over 200 yrds... Henderson has not had a running back like that in years.

Yes they did, his name was Telvin Fryman 2009 class. Meeks did not utilize him near enough. He was probably one of the best backs in East Texas.

Congrats to the Henderson Lions and to you bigpappabear. Youy guys have waited a long time for a good team. Wish Kilgore could have gone down to 3A with you. We only missed it by 4 kids. Maybe next time.

so true.. Kilgore is the smallest 4a team in the state of texas..

Henderson does have great team, they should do well in that district.. and they should be the favorite!!

I would expect them to go undefeated in district.

Good Job Henderson!