Prayers in Henderson

MEL

Mahlon Acres was a very special kid to me , This is my 15th year to coach and you get those special kiddos that come along , and this young man was one of those special kids. He was well respected and loved by all of his teamates and coaches, not only for his athletic ability , but also his work ethic and leadership qualities.Mahlon was truely a great role model for all of the young men and women at henderson highschool. Even with his passing he is finding a way to help others , and thats the kinda kid he was . I am a better person, christian , and coach because of Mahlon Acres and i thank god he was able to touch my life while he was on this earth. He was also the best darn hitter i have ever coached. Mahlon i love you and you will truely be missed, but i know you will be with us forever.

Coach Sonny Simmons HHS

Mahlon Acres was a very special kid to me , This is my 15th year to coach and you get those special kiddos that come along , and this young man was one of those special kids. He was well respected and loved by all of his teamates and coaches, not only for his athletic ability , but also his work ethic and leadership qualities.Mahlon was truely a great role model for all of the young men and women at henderson highschool. Even with his passing he is finding a way to help others , and thats the kinda kid he was . I am a better person, christian , and coach because of Mahlon Acres and i thank god he was able to touch my life while he was on this earth. He was also the best darn hitter i have ever coached. Mahlon i love you and you will truely be missed, but i know you will be with us forever.

Coach Sonny Simmons HHS

Very well said Coach.

In the quiet moments, when the hurt is hard to bear, May love become your shelter and may the beauty of precious memories be your comfort. The family, friends, and your community are held in gentle thoughts and prayer!

~Gladewater Community

Coach Sonny Simmons HHS

Very well said coach!

My son is Mahlon Acres. We are so thankful for all of your prayers and support. There is no family that has been loved and supported more than mine, and we have felt your prayers. Thank you is not enough. Mahlon was my third son. He was always a joy to be around and loved participating in sports greatly and had much help and support along the way from coaches, parents, and teammates.

Mahlon enjoyed the outdoors, and he and his brothers and I enjoyed many times together. Mahlon had more friends than he could count, but he was always looking for someone that needed him to be their friend. But most importantly, Mahlon had given his heart to Jesus years ago, and belonged to GOD. He is with him now. The knowledge of that is all I know that can guide his family through these darkest of days. He would have told you himself, that he would want you to do the same; claim the faith, hope, and love that GOD has offered each one of us, and join him in heaven. He just ran out of time and it is up to me to do so. If you are not sure what I am talking about, find a chrisitian friend, pastor, or someone else to explain this to you to day.

Thanks again,

Stephen Acres

Mr. Acres,

I just wanted you to know that your son definitely touched the lives of a lot of folks. My daughter is a Freshman this year at HHS and didn't really know him that well but was really touched at all the out pouring of love for him and the stories told about him yesterday at school. She came home asking many questions and gave me the perfect opportunity to talk to her about being saved and have her FULL attention. I know that Mahlon would want everyone to go on and live their lives as they would normally, praising GOD for every breath we get. I hope the school, band, and teams can continue on and, in honor of Mahlon, win, lose, or draw, show that HIS spirit lives on in each of us!! Thank you for sharing your son with our whole community. He was definitely a blessing!!

My son is Mahlon Acres. We are so thankful for all of your prayers and support. There is no family that has been loved and supported more than mine, and we have felt your prayers. Thank you is not enough. Mahlon was my third son. He was always a joy to be around and loved participating in sports greatly and had much help and support along the way from coaches, parents, and teammates.

Mahlon enjoyed the outdoors, and he and his brothers and I enjoyed many times together. Mahlon had more friends than he could count, but he was always looking for someone that needed him to be their friend. But most importantly, Mahlon had given his heart to Jesus years ago, and belonged to GOD. He is with him now. The knowledge of that is all I know that can guide his family through these darkest of days. He would have told you himself, that he would want you to do the same; claim the faith, hope, and love that GOD has offered each one of us, and join him in heaven. He just ran out of time and it is up to me to do so. If you are not sure what I am talking about, find a chrisitian friend, pastor, or someone else to explain this to you to day.

Thanks again,

Stephen Acres

Mr Acres.

Sometimes we dont understand Gods plan. I lost a loved one last year and I kept asking God why. Why could you take someone so young. Well, now I see how God works and thru her accident, many folks have come to follow christ because of it. I cant imagine what you are going thru but someday you will see good in it. Sounds like your a great man and I can only hope that my son makes a good impact on the community as yours.

Praying for your family

Mr, Acres

I have 3 sons and as I read your words during this trying time of pain and grieving that I cannot imagine.

I am touched by your words and strength in your faith during this time

It sends a ton of emotion through me.

I know from your words that God will be with you and give you strength

I spoke at a funeral of a 4th grader a couple of years ago who was taken away to soon also and the lives he touched with his passing has been amazing

God Bless