94 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets the win?

• Gladewater
    • Gilmer

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope that Gladewater beats Gilmer, and beats them bad! I am so sick and tired of everyone jumping onto the Buckeye Bandwagon, because it makes me wanna puke! Yes, Gilmer is a very good football team, but they are way overrated. I really hope that "Da Bears" will be ready for Gilmer!

Well, if you're hoping for Gladewater to beat Gilmer, then you might as well be prepared for disappointment because it won't happen. While da bears struggled with Arp, Gilmer took it to an always potent and dangerous Daingerfield team...

Overrated?

Please come back after the Gladewater game to tell us just how overated Gilmer is. I "will" be waiting.

Gilmer won't be able to contain the following:

Corey Davis

Courtney Davis

Alonzio Johnson

D.L. Davis

Dae Dae Gordon

Good luck bucs yall will need it!

Let me guess, you purchased the EA Sports high school football game for playstation 3. Sorry, but games played on game consoles don't count in real life. :)

I like both teams but Gladewater IMO lacks the kind of defense needed to stop an offense as strong as Gilmers. Admittedly Gilmer is spotty on offense but they are gaining ground as the weeks progress and Traylor gets personnel in the best positions. The defense must not miss their assignments. All in all its coming together. Good coaching and hard work will get it going.

Gladewater has a good running game but I'm not sure they have the total sum of all the elements to beat a versatal team like Gilmer. Coaching will be a biggest difference here. And reputaion is on the line for the Bucks also.

I say Gilmer takes this one but I don't think it will be a blowout.

Gladewater has a good running game but I'm not sure they have the total sum of all the elements to beat a versatal team like Gilmer. Coaching will be a biggest difference here. And reputaion is on the line for the Bucks also.

I say Gilmer takes this one but I don't think it will be a blowout.

You are right. Traylor is going up against Longview's former Offensive/Defensive coordinators; therefore, his coaching will be tested on October 8th against some veterans. Traylor is a good coach and has a great staff as well. Gladewater has an excellent staff. They've been there before and know what it takes to get there again. Baugh hasn't even had an offseason with the kids and they're already much improved from last year.

Someone said earlier that we struggled with Arp. Baugh could have easily ran Corey 30-40 times and put up some big numbers on Arp; but, he chose to work on his passing game instead by getting our young QB and receivers some final tune ups before district rolls around. I can guarantee you that Traylor hasn't played a Gladewater team like the one he will see next week. They aren't the biggest kids around, but they're gonna play like they are.

If the same Gilmer Defense shows up that played Dangerfield, Gladewater will have troubles. If the Defense that played in the first three games shows up it will be a shoot out for sure. Gilmers offense will put points on the board. This is a rival so throw all other games and scores out the window. Good luck g town from this G town fan.

If the same Gilmer Defense shows up that played Dangerfield, Gladewater will have troubles. If the Defense that played in the first three games shows up it will be a shoot out for sure. Gilmers offense will put points on the board. This is a rival so throw all other games and scores out the window. Good luck g town from this G town fan.

how's the TDH brew comming along? make a double batch just to make sure there is no doubt!!!!!

How you guys making it knowing you don't have a game for a week and a half?...... lol

sitting at home twiddling our thumbs is no count....... thought we would come to Tatum and watch that game but it will be over by the end of the 1st qtr....... any suggestions??????

as far as the boys go, they are doing their normal drills and walk thru's,,,,,,,with this much time on our hands, I hope that it won't make the D or the O slack off any....... they are ready to play them bears now!!!!!!!

You really shouldn't use the JOKE. That is Longview News Journal to make your point

LNJ hates Gilmer.

In the past, they rarely even mentioned Gilmer unless Gilmer lost a game or the county commissioners did something stupid ( happens all the time ). The only other time we would get football coverage was if Gilmer played a Longview area team (Spring Hill, Pine Tree, White Oak) and they would make sure everyone new how lucky Gilmer was to squeak by with a win against an obviously superior team.

At least the guy writing the articles this year actually publishes and pretty much tells it like it is!

sitting at home twiddling our thumbs is no count....... thought we would come to Tatum and watch that game but it will be over by the end of the 1st qtr....... any suggestions??????

as far as the boys go, they are doing their normal drills and walk thru's,,,,,,,with this much time on our hands, I hope that it won't make the D or the O slack off any....... they are ready to play them bears now!!!!!!!

With so many teams having an open week, I could not even begin to tell you who to go see... lol It's Tatum's homecoming and we are playing Bullard. I don't believe it will be much of a game so if I were you, I would fiind a more interesting game to go to.

You could come anyways and sit with the "loud crowd" and take notes. Show your Buckeyes what its like to have a group of fans that stand the whole game going above and beyond the call of duty as a high school football fan, lol. I'm just sayin....lol

You could come anyways and sit with the "loud crowd" and take notes. Show your Buckeyes what its like to have a group of fans that stand the whole game going above and beyond the call of duty as a high school football fan, lol. I'm just sayin....lol

just for your info senior, we did take some notes from the "loud crowd"........ the numbers for the loud buckeye fans are slowly on the rise........ baby steps, baby steps......... some have to put down the geritol and pick up a noise maker,,,,,,something other than banging their walkers together......lolol..... but they are making progress none the less.........

If you really like watchin a ground attack, come on down to Tatum Friday... wait, you saw that in the 2nd half of ya'lls game... hehehe.. seriously though, c'mon down friday.

If Tatum is so bad, they should play Longview, John Tyler or Lufkin. After all there are 11 players at a time on the field. And in college you can throw out all the A's, 1 thru 5. In Indiana they play all class'es. Tatum vs Longview, sounds good. How many yards rushing would there be?

LNJ hates Gilmer.

In the past, they rarely even mentioned Gilmer unless Gilmer lost a game or the county commissioners did something stupid ( happens all the time ). The only other time we would get football coverage was if Gilmer played a Longview area team (Spring Hill, Pine Tree, White Oak) and they would make sure everyone new how lucky Gilmer was to squeak by with a win against an obviously superior team.

At least the guy writing the articles this year actually publishes and pretty much tells it like it is!

LuckyNut, be thankful.....the LNJ covers Gilmer a whole lot better than they cover the Bears. Most of the time, if we are lucky, we get into the late scores in Sunday's Edition, and that's only because Gladewater's local paper is owned by the same company that owns the News Journal.