Gladewater vs. Gilmer

TTUU551

Gladewater vs. Gilmer  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets the win?

• Gladewater
    • Gilmer

If Tatum is so bad, they should play Longview, John Tyler or Lufkin. After all there are 11 players at a time on the field. And in college you can throw out all the A's, 1 thru 5. In Indiana they play all class'es. Tatum vs Longview, sounds good. How many yards rushing would there be?

Line any 2A or 3A team up in front of us.....we got a chance. 5A, not a chance, I'm not stupid. You know that though....you're just trying to take a shot at Tatum. But you know whats funny??? Tatum has 10 times more of a chance at winning a title this year than Longview. Pound for pound Tatum is stacked....no way they could run with Longview, Lufkin, or JT...too much depth.

Thats because Indiana is so small. You'd have 4 districts in each class.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Tatum is so bad, they should play Longview, John Tyler or Lufkin. After all there are 11 players at a time on the field. And in college you can throw out all the A's, 1 thru 5. In Indiana they play all class'es. Tatum vs Longview, sounds good. How many yards rushing would there be?

Isn't that why we call this Texas football? :bangin:

Wake up!!! Who here cares about Indiana football!!!

That's true td,,,,, besides,, you can't easily "dribble" a football. Why would someone even mention Indiana football, and "Texas" football in the same sentence???

For a state with a smaller population like Indiana, they sure put out a lot of top football players at the college level. I would still like to see what a top Midwestern team would do against a top Texas team. Football is not the same in both places. I played in the Midwest, and watch Texas ball. Things are night and day different. The fundamentals seem much stronger in the Midwest, especially tackling.

There is a finesse to Texas football, and that is not a bad thing. However, Midwestern football is brutal, unforgiving, and relentless.

By the way AOB, you used Indiana football, and "Texas" football in the same sentence. lol

For a state with a smaller population like Indiana, they sure put out a lot of top football players at the college level. I would still like to see what a top Midwestern team would do against a top Texas team. Football is not the same in both places. I played in the Midwest, and watch Texas ball. Things are night and day different. The fundamentals seem much stronger in the Midwest, especially tackling.

There is a finesse to Texas football, and that is not a bad thing. However, Midwestern football is brutal, unforgiving, and relentless.

By the way AOB, you used Indiana football, and "Texas" football in the same sentence. lol

i think the reason the mentioined it,indiana is undefeated this year

I watched Gilmer practice today and was impressed. This is a bye week for us and the hussle on the field was great. they were clapping and rooting each other on. I think they know district games are here and are getting ready for the first game. I feel good about our chances in district but we got to take one game at a time. The TDH mix is coming along fine I went back to the old mix. I figure why fix it if it aint broke. I will go to gtown next week and let it out. Hey Joe heard you figured out who I was, took ya long enough. But them gladewter boys were always a little slow. LOL

I love how no one from Gilmer is even giving the Bears a shot. If I recall, the team that beat Gilmer 47-41 earlier this season only beat Gladewater by 1 last season. I know people are going to bring up, "That was last year!" but this ain't the same Bears team from last year either. If Tatum can beat 'em, GW can too.

I love how no one from Gilmer is even giving the Bears a shot. If I recall, the team that beat Gilmer 47-41 earlier this season only beat Gladewater by 1 last season. I know people are going to bring up, "That was last year!" but this ain't the same Bears team from last year either. If Tatum can beat 'em, GW can too.

same bears team as last year just with a new direction........ tatum is a whole different bird than what they were last season.......

Believe me when I tell you this, ain't nobody up here in the real G-Town taking them Bares lightly. All we do on here is type out our thoughts. We don't do the playing on the field. The game still has to be played by high school players. It doesn't matter what happened last year, a month ago, or even last week. This is the beginning of district play. All the teams in this district want a piece of the playoff pie. We all start out 0-0. Sure, Gladewater has a shot.........but they will be an underdog in this district until proven otherwise. Comparing teams of last year to this year is not a good assessment. Tatum, this year, is leaps and bounds better than they were at any point last year, and if they were to play the Bears this year it wouldn't even be close. Since the losses to Tatum and Jacksonville, Gilmer has improved drastically, too. They have moved people around on defense due to injuries, and they now know their assignments. The offense isn't turning the ball over like they did in those losses, either. So, if you're expecting Gilmer to be "down" a bunch you will be surprised. All in all, NONE of these teams are the "same" teams as last year so that point is moot.

Gladewater doesn't have a defense that can even slow down the Gilmer offense. With the way the Bear defense has been playing....Davis is gonna have to run for 10 TDs to outscore the Bucks.....cuz you for sure aint gonna stop 'em.

Guess I did huh? LOL Just not in the same context. LOL

I will bring it up. The Tatum team this year is not last years team. They are for real and deserve to be ranked. They do not have many weak spots at all and probably the most speed as a team I have seen. But keep thinking like you are it will make a win that much sweeter.

Gladewater's speed is very impressive. Fastest team I saw all year between DF,Center,Pewitt,Westwood,WestRusk, and Arp. They got 3 kids that are on a completely differant level than all the rest. Gladewater is good enough this year they could win this game but not likely. I for 1 would have picked them if you guys hadn't beat DF but I got a feeling that was a fluke.

Galdewater 49

Gimler 45

just for fun I change my prediction.

Gladewater's speed is very impressive. Fastest team I saw all year between DF,Center,Pewitt,Westwood,WestRusk, and Arp. They got 3 kids that are on a completely differant level than all the rest. Gladewater is good enough this year they could win this game but not likely. I for 1 would have picked them if you guys hadn't beat DF but I got a feeling that was a fluke.

Galdewater 49

Gimler 45

just for fun I change my prediction.

Do you really think, anyone takes you seriously? After all the smoke you blew,, about Arp,, gonna strap it on D'field,,,I went to that game,,after all the hype, and bs you threw out there,, Dude it looked like D'field was playing 7th graders,, and your saying Gilmer's win was a fluke! You have a screw loose,, and you sound like a broken record!

I will bring it up. The Tatum team this year is not last years team. They are for real and deserve to be ranked. They do not have many weak spots at all and probably the most speed as a team I have seen. But keep thinking like you are it will make a win that much sweeter.

And this ain't the Gladewater team from last year either.

just for your info senior, we did take some notes from the "loud crowd"........ the numbers for the loud buckeye fans are slowly on the rise........ baby steps, baby steps......... some have to put down the geritol and pick up a noise maker,,,,,,something other than banging their walkers together......lolol..... but they are making progress none the less.........

i really need a LIKE button here!!! :hug:

Do you really think, anyone takes you seriously? After all the smoke you blew,, about Arp,, gonna strap it on D'field,,,I went to that game,,after all the hype, and bs you threw out there,, Dude it looked like D'field was playing 7th graders,, and your saying Gilmer's win was a fluke! You have a screw loose,, and you sound like a broken record!

take me seriously or not I just told you a fact that you will learn is true Friday night. Gladewater has a good team with some excellent skill players that will match any in Texas step for step. By the way who we were then is not who we are now! Completely differant style of football being played in Arp now. Broken record or not my boys have improved and over came big hurdles this year.They are going to enjoy the way this season plays out. We still have packed out crowds and good friday night fun watching our boys work hard to do what they know they can do. Win State!

And this ain't the Gladewater team from last year either.

I hope they are better I would at least like to see a good game. but win I dont see it happening. But I do wish you luck on the season and hope you do make the playoffs. I got some friends in little g town I would love to say oops we did it again!

AOB

"Who exactly are you quoteing as saying that the Buckeyes are even a top ten in state team??? I don't recall seeing that anywhere after the two losses,, unless you're quoteing "Jackpots",,,,, if so, please don't do that,, it shows your lack of football knowledge."

AOB, not only does quoting Jackpot show your lack of football knowledge, but also your lack of SDC Posting Knowledge. LOL

just messing with you ol' Jackpot.

Excuse me from butting in but did I just hear that a life changing moment has occured in your life? Share that with us if you please.

Yeah Bob, I am pretty excited about it. This was my first week, and I loved it. Being out there again just feels so right. LOL I am on the bottom now and not getting too many reps, but I don't intend on staying there long LOL I just go to work everyday doing what I am told. Everything will turn out just fine. btw, now they have me as linebacker/deep snapper/fullback. LOL working em all.

Thanks again Bob

Let's go Bucks. beat the bears.

(I hope the Bucks fill up their water coolers in Gilmer and take water with them. LOL We always hated having to drink the GH2O Water. LOL)

Yeah Bob, I am pretty excited about it. This was my first week, and I loved it. Being out there again just feels so right. LOL I am on the bottom now and not getting too many reps, but I don't intend on staying there long LOL I just go to work everyday doing what I am told. Everything will turn out just fine. btw, now they have me as linebacker/deep snapper/fullback. LOL working em all.

Thanks again Bob

Let's go Bucks. beat the bears.

(I hope the Bucks fill up their water coolers in Gilmer and take water with them. LOL We always hated having to drink the GH2O Water. LOL)

I know you are a long way from home but the game is in Gilmer so we dont have to worry about there water. Good luck to you and you ought to see your mom she is so proud. Smile from ear to ear.