131 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got

• Buckeyes
    • Bears

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe Gilmer will win this ballgame but I think it will be closer than some people think. If Gladewater lines up and runs the power type football that Tatum ran the Bucks will have to out score the Bears. Tatum exposed Gilmers weakness in the second half of their game. I'm not saying that Gladewater is as good as Tatum but they do have a pretty good running game and Gilmer seems to have trouble stopping a grind it out team. Gladewater also has a very fast back in Davis. This could be a interesting game.

beg to differ with you on that........... dfield and le.......... let your team schedule them and see just how you handle a grind it out team.......... tatum or jville for that matter........ gwater has great potential, but they are at leat a season or two away from being back in a power status.......

If the Buckeyes hang on to the ball they should win by at least a couple of TDs. The only thing that has stopped the offense all year is the turnover. Defensively, they have to contain the run. They can't let Davis get going, because if they do it could become a track meet which will increase the Bears chances at the upset. If the Buckeyes don't have a good week of practice they will struggle. With the importance of this game being obvious I hope to see the Buckeyes well prepared and ready to play.

There is absolutely NO DOUBT that the Bears are gonna bring their A-game, and try to pull off the upset. This is a RIVALRY, and the Bears would rather beat Gilmer more than any other team out there.

Go BUCKEYES!! Beat the Bears!!

Well I've had a few days in deer camp,,conditions the soul and helps me clear my head of of all the nonsense,,not for some but does wonders for me!

My thoughts on this rivalry game is,,Is it's not going to be very pretty for Gladewater,, Gilmer is starting to hit their stride,, which means alot fewer mistakes,,, which in my opinion is what caused their loses,,and if it were not for those mistakes, Gilmer would be sitting, undefeated right now,, nothing against Tatum they definitely earned the win, as did Jacksonville,, but take away the to's differant ballgame,, and the stats show it!

The 2 loses have lead some to beleive Gilmer is not Gilmer,,and that's not the case,,D'field,, the previous No.1 in 2a will probably readily agree,, Turner is starting to get the kinks worked out,,and starting to gain some confidence,, along with all that natural ability and competive heart,,he will get tougher to beat, everygame! Gus Johnson should come into this game as healthy as he has been in awhile,, and I look for him,,, to really start to define himself, as one of ET's elite RB's..

Gilmer's defense,, in last 2 games,, have really, showed they are up to the challenge,, and I think the coaching staff,, have shown the same,, if this defense can continue to improve,, inwhich I think they do,, we do have a shot,, at getting pretty handily into the play offs, and becoming a serious threat!

Gladewater,, if you think,, you are getting a down Gilmer team,, you are about to get a dose of reallity................

Gilmer 56-21.......

I have been waiting for this week for a long time....this isnt the same situation as years passed...Usually gilmer blows everybody out without a prob and the bears suffer anoither losing season...well this year the buckeyes and the bears come in with the same record...this should be a battle...both teams lack on defense but there offenses have the atheletes to score at any moment...im attend gladewater highschool and ill be rooting for my bears friday night...win or lose there still my team....but i would suggest that gilmer doesnt underestimate the bears...good luck to both teams..Go bears!!!!!

I have been waiting for this week for a long time....this isnt the same situation as years passed...Usually gilmer blows everybody out without a prob and the bears suffer anoither losing season...well this year the buckeyes and the bears come in with the same record...this should be a battle...both teams lack on defense but there offenses have the atheletes to score at any moment...im attend gladewater highschool and ill be rooting for my bears friday night...win or lose there still my team....but i would suggest that gilmer doesnt underestimate the bears...good luck to both teams..Go bears!!!!!

This poster mentioned that Gilmer and Gladwater have the same record. I'm not sure if you actually mean that stat as one you can trust to show these two teams are "equal" in ability and performance to this point or what. Let me just toss my two cents worth in about the records. My crystal ball tells me that if Gladwater would have had Gilmers pre-district schedule, then they would probably be 1 and 4 instead of three and two.

But putting that aside,, I feel confident that the Buckeyes keep getting better every week. The thing about this game is that Gilmer will need to prevent the big play. Gladwater has "big play" potential all over the place. I watched Corey Davis last year put some big numbers up on us, and I'm sure he's better than last year. I "am" aware that the Bears are a better club than last season. But I believe that if the Buckeyes come into this game with a must win attitude,, and with an A-game focus, they will be able to battle out a decisive win. My gut tells me we will win by 17 - 21 points.

But my gut also tells me something else. It's saying that if we take Gladwater lightly in the slightest little bit,,, possibly looking forward to either Pittsburg, Carthage, Henderson, or even Spring Hill,,,,, and if we lose this game this week, we will possibly then,,, play 4 more games, and then have the free time to go watch someone else in the playoffs. Folks, this is going to be a critical game. Now don't get me wrong,, I do think, that we have a very legitimate shot at winning district, and considering the teams in 16-3A this year, that will be a heck of a feat. I said early in the year, after we found out who was in our district, that I "doubted" that anybody in that district will make it through 16-3A witout a loss. I still say that is a distinct possibility. One of the reasons I think that might happen, is that I feel that Gladewater is an improved team,, better than 2009's Bears. And you heard it here first folks,, I think Spring Hill is going to give some teams fits this year. I would not be surprised at all to see either Gladwater, or Spring Hill in the top three.

With Dylan Brown being in a new pass oriented offense,, I think he will turn a lot of heads this year. This is going to be a very interesting district,, and the district leader could change two or three times before the last game. I don't think "anyone" has been or should be labled a sure fire district champion probablility at this point. I think Henderson has the potential to win it all, due to their depth, after all, they have about 250 - 300 more kids in their High School than Gilmer. But,,,,,, then again,,,,, so did Abiline Wiley last year. That's what makes football such a crazy game, that can be so hard to predict. I just want it to get started,,, I've been waiting for 8 months now,,, and so buckle your pants up tight,,, cinch down your hats,,, and be ready for a wild ride folks,,, the show that would be 16-3A is about to crank up. LETS GO BUCKEYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This poster mentioned that Gilmer and Gladwater have the same record. I'm not sure if you actually mean that stat as one you can trust to show these two teams are "equal" in ability and performance to this point or what. Let me just toss my two cents worth in about the records. My crystal ball tells me that if Gladwater would have had Gilmers pre-district schedule, then they would probably be 1 and 4 instead of three and two.

But putting that aside,, I feel confident that the Buckeyes keep getting better every week. The thing about this game is that Gilmer will need to prevent the big play. Gladwater has "big play" potential all over the place. I watched Corey Davis last year put some big numbers up on us, and I'm sure he's better than last year. I "am" aware that the Bears are a better club than last season. But I believe that if the Buckeyes come into this game with a must win attitude,, and with an A-game focus, they will be able to battle out a decisive win. My gut tells me we will win by 17 - 21 points.

But my gut also tells me something else. It's saying that if we take Gladwater lightly in the slightest little bit,,, possibly looking forward to either Pittsburg, Carthage, Henderson, or even Spring Hill,,,,, and if we lose this game this week, we will possibly then,,, play 4 more games, and then have the free time to go watch someone else in the playoffs. Folks, this is going to be a critical game. Now don't get me wrong,, I do think, that we have a very legitimate shot at winning district, and considering the teams in 16-3A this year, that will be a heck of a feat. I said early in the year, after we found out who was in our district, that I "doubted" that anybody in that district will make it through 16-3A witout a loss. I still say that is a distinct possibility. One of the reasons I think that might happen, is that I feel that Gladewater is an improved team,, better than 2009's Bears. And you heard it here first folks,, I think Spring Hill is going to give some teams fits this year. I would not be surprised at all to see either Gladwater, or Spring Hill in the top three.

With Dylan Brown being in a new pass oriented offense,, I think he will turn a lot of heads this year. This is going to be a very interesting district,, and the district leader could change two or three times before the last game. I don't think "anyone" has been or should be labled a sure fire district champion probablility at this point. I think Henderson has the potential to win it all, due to their depth, after all, they have about 250 - 300 more kids in their High School than Gilmer. But,,,,,, then again,,,,, so did Abiline Wiley last year. That's what makes football such a crazy game, that can be so hard to predict. I just want it to get started,,, I've been waiting for 8 months now,,, and so buckle your pants up tight,,, cinch down your hats,,, and be ready for a wild ride folks,,, the show that would be 16-3A is about to crank up. LETS GO BUCKEYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AOB......... my friend, you just nailed it!!!!!!!!!!

After watching the Daingerfield(which I would like to see again with the center having a better game) I believe that if you do not have a letdown that you will run the table. I am firmly convinced that you have the best coaching staff around, especially the offensive coordinator. He had Daingerfields number and called a near perfect game. I thought that the preparation on defense was very good and that along with Boyd being out of rythmn most of the night made the difference. The team that you have are truly getting better every week and will win by preparation and execution every week.

I'm so glad everybody is on gilmer's bandwagon. it is going be nice to see an upset on friday night when the bears go out and beat the snot out of the buckeyes. no need to predict a score all is know is it will be like this

gladewater- W

gilmer- L

-- Young Men

:rofl: :wacko:

i am so glad you found that humorous. if you are a "FriscoFan" why are you posting on a gilmer & gladewater forum? go away

I DO find it humorous. Actually, down right hilarious! This is an open forum, so anyone can post. You have 8 posts, but with that attitude, you probably won't be around much longer. As for the game, if you think the Bares are gonna go into Gilmer, on their homecoming and as you say "beat the snot out of them", you are sadly mistaken. Every year its the same ol story. Gladewater is gonna do this, or the Bares are gonna do that. it always ends up the same way, with the annual mauling of Gladewater. Ya'll were chosen as a Homecoming opponent, that should tell you something right there lol. Gladewater doesnt have the defense to stop Gilmer offensively. You better hope you can pass, because simply running the ball won't cut it. Not in THAT game, and not in THAT district. Good Luck though.....

Gilmer ROLLS......

I DO find it humorous. Actually, down right hilarious! This is an open forum, so anyone can post. You have 8 posts, but with that attitude, you probably won't be around much longer. As for the game, if you think the Bares are gonna go into Gilmer, on their homecoming and as you say "beat the snot out of them", you are sadly mistaken. Every year its the same ol story. Gladewater is gonna do this, or the Bares are gonna do that. it always ends up the same way, with the annual mauling of Gladewater. Ya'll were chosen as a Homecoming opponent, that should tell you something right there lol. Gladewater doesnt have the defense to stop Gilmer offensively. You better hope you can pass, because simply running the ball won't cut it. Not in THAT game, and not in THAT district. Good Luck though.....

Gilmer ROLLS......

I take offense to this post, our name is the bears not bares. There is no need to come

on here and bash a school/team because one guy has an opionion, as you do. And by the way Tatum ran the ball against gilmer and beat them, in gilmer, just saying.

I take offense to this post, our name is the bears not bares. There is no need to come

on here and bash a school/team because one guy has an opionion, as you do. And by the way Tatum ran the ball against gilmer and beat them, in gilmer, just saying.

No offense intentend, it is what it is. Besides, I've seen Gladewater referred to as the Bares in newspapers, lol. At any rate, you are right, Tatum ran on Gilmer....but Gladewater isn't anywhere close to being Tatum. Tatum also passed on Gilmer as did Jacksonville. You can't be one dimensional and expect to win. You guys have a great RB, who will no doubt get his yards. I'll say about 120. If he gets anywhere close to his avg. of 200+ it will be simply because he was handed the ball too much and ya'll will lose by 28+. To beat Gilmer, you will need a balanced attack. Gladewater has the running game, but to make THAT work, they will need a stellar passing game as well. Gilmer will score, and score alot. Is the BEAR offense balanced enough to keep up with Gilmer? I don't think so. Is the Bear defense good enough to stop Gilmer's offense? No. Just saying. Good Luck....

Davis will be a good test,,for Gilmer's evolving defense,,He is the fastest RB in ET,,you give him a seam,,he's going to the house,,,by what I've seen the last couple of weeks, I think they will be up to the challenge,,,,Gladewater will not be able to stop Gilmer,, is what's gonna make the big differance,, Davis is a senior,, he has a chip on his shoulder about Gilmer,,if he's healthy he will bring his A game,, and I think that spells,,21 pts for Gladewater...If the kid was in a differant program,, with a consistant O-line,, he would go D1 for sure,, if he has the grades,,still might!!!,,,Gotta give the kid his due,, he can fly....

Pay no attention to him he is a Gilmer homer.

Davis will be a good test,,for Gilmer's evolving defense,,He is the fastest RB in ET,,you give him a seam,,he's going to the house,,,by what I've seen the last couple of weeks, I think they will be up to the challenge,,,,Gladewater will not be able to stop Gilmer,, is what's gonna make the big differance,, Davis is a senior,, he has a chip on his shoulder about Gilmer,,if he's healthy he will bring his A game,, and I think that spells,,21 pts for Gladewater...If the kid was in a differant program,, with a consistant O-line,, he would go D1 for sure,, if he has the grades,,still might!!!,,,Gotta give the kid his due,, he can fly....

Really colleges only recruit from teams with good offensive lines?

What I find funny is that Gilmer beats D'Field and then all of a sudden they are a powerhouse again. Throw Gilmer out of the equation and the Tigers opponent's have a combined record of 3 wins and 17 losses. Throw Gilmer back in and it is 6 and 19. So you really can't say you beat a powerhouse when they haven't played anybody that really gave them a true test to that point. Just sayin...