131 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got

• Buckeyes
    • Bears

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all you people on here predicting blowout saying GW didn't stand a chance... I guess we proved y'all wrong!! Man that was the greatest football game I have ever witnessed!!! Man, just phenominal play by both sides. GW make play after play as did

Gilmer and when it came down to one play, the win went to the team that is used to winning. Heartbreaking loss for us GW fans though... I'm speechless. Corey Davis had another 150+ 3td game with Jesus Maldonado going perfect on the extra points and Ajay Mattu making a big fourth down conversion for us with a good catch/run.

I guess,, I should eat a little crow,,cause I did'nt think it would be this close,, congrats to Gladewater,, they really wanted this game,, and pulled out all stops to get it,, thought it was going to get out of hand, there a few times,, congrats to Coach Baugh for keeping them together, in the second half,,Now Gladewater go and give everybody else what you gave to Gilmer tonite,, your best,, and don't make this a fluke game just because it was Gilmer! Good Job Buckeyes,,, Luke Turner you are the man!....... :notworthy:

I guess,, I should eat a little crow,,cause I did'nt think it would be this close,, congrats to Gladewater,, they really wanted this game,, and pulled out all stops to get it,, thought it was going to get out of hand, there a few times,, congrats to Coach Baugh for keeping them together, in the second half,,Now Gladewater go and give everybody else what you gave to Gilmer tonite,, your best,, and don't make this a fluke game just because it was Gilmer! Good Job Buckeyes,,, Luke Turner you are the man!....... :notworthy:

Yeah, poor Gladewater, they have so much trouble keeping it together, and it just had to be a "fluke" game for the Bears to get so close to the mighty Buckeyes!

GTownballer, we have played like this ALL year! Three 1 point losses! It was not a fluke as you say, that we almost beat your Buckeyes! And as far as our Coach keeping our players together in the second half, PLEASE! There was 1 unsportsmanlike penalty called on us, on your sideline. I'm not going to defend it, because I didn't see it. All I know is that we had a few players there, & y'all had the whole bench. I will say that both sides could have gotten out of hand on several occasions, but it didn't happen. Hats off to both teams for keeping things in check. I thought overall it was very well played & clean.

Congrats to both teams! I thought it was one of the best games I have ever watched! Good luck to the Buckeyes the rest of the way.

GO BEARS!

Yeah, poor Gladewater, they have so much trouble keeping it together, and it just had to be a "fluke" game for the Bears to get so close to the mighty Buckeyes!

GTownballer, we have played like this ALL year! Three 1 point losses! It was not a fluke as you say, that we almost beat your Buckeyes! And as far as our Coach keeping our players together in the second half, PLEASE! There was 1 unsportsmanlike penalty called on us, on your sideline. I'm not going to defend it, because I didn't see it. All I know is that we had a few players there, & y'all had the whole bench. I will say that both sides could have gotten out of hand on several occasions, but it didn't happen. Hats off to both teams for keeping things in check. I thought overall it was very well played & clean.

Congrats to both teams! I thought it was one of the best games I have ever watched! Good luck to the Buckeyes the rest of the way.

GO BEARS!

I'll just say read it again,,, and good luck the rest of the way,,, this one,, has to be a tough loss,, and your right,,best one I've seen in awhile.... :thumbsup:

lol ya'll leave the skunks at home when ya'll come to carthage

Don't worry, there not rid'n with me,,,,huh,,you wanna clear out some stands,, turn old people into track stars,,,start singing the song Who let the Dawgs Out,, take out the word Dawg, and insert Skunk!....I can't wait to read the paper tomorrow...Who Who,,,,Who Let the Skunks Out! LOL....

I told Traylor as he was leaving the field that he was not the one who stunk up the place tonight. Gilmer has skunks living around the high school for years. When we had the big crowd with Tatum in 2005, I saw them at dusk, Momma Skunk and young ones, walking toward the then art building.

Tonight the skunk got under the reserve seats during the overtime. As people want to watch the game action, they also fled their seats in waves to get away from the skunk. Finally a brave lady named Patty Gray picked up the skunk like it was a cat and held it while the Gilmer Superintendent Rick Albritton arrived with a black plastic bag to hold it in. That commotion ended just in time to see Gilmer take points off the board and go for a 2 point conversion.

Traylor conceded if his stunt failed, we might have seen for sale signs at it house. Instead, everyone I saw after the game at Walmart would greet you by shaking their head with disbelief and then we'd start talking about it.

why put your emotions on your sleeve??? Gtown was giving your bears a little praise for the fight that yall brought to Big G last nite........ da bears played a great game and played their A game..... I for one am glad that my Buckeyes came out with the win, however it was a hard fought one........

Once again, good luck to the Bears.........

Only in Gilmer will you have a skunk go beserk in the stands. lol

not 1 skunk,,,,,,,2 of those little rascalls.......... I can think of a new project for the FFA kids....... shop class,,,,, build some traps and go hunting!!!!!!!!!! Felt sorry for the lady that caught the skunk, I left my seat just before it made it down my isle on its way to her....... Our local vet, Randall Spencer, was in on the first capture......... Not a good way to watch a great ball game!!!!!!!!!!

GO BEARS!

Yes I am very proud of our GW boys in a hard fought game. Canton,Brownsboro,Gilmer are very good teams this year and the one point loses to each team shows a big heart. As for the unsportsman like penalty you should have a few in a game like this due to emottions are so high. Hats off to Gilmer and their coach taking the point off the board and going for the win. The play of the game was GW at the 1 yard line 4th down and Gilmer held thier ground then went 99 yards for a TD. As for this district WOW there is going to be some great football the next 4 weeks. Good job Bears and good luck to Gilmer.

I told Traylor as he was leaving the field that he was not the one who stunk up the place tonight. Gilmer has skunks living around the high school for years. When we had the big crowd with Tatum in 2005, I saw them at dusk, Momma Skunk and young ones, walking toward the then art building.

Tonight the skunk got under the reserve seats during the overtime. As people want to watch the game action, they also fled their seats in waves to get away from the skunk. Finally a brave lady named Patty Gray picked up the skunk like it was a cat and held it while the Gilmer Superintendent Rick Albritton arrived with a black plastic bag to hold it in. That commotion ended just in time to see Gilmer take points off the board and go for a 2 point conversion.

Traylor conceded if his stunt failed, we might have seen for sale signs at it house. Instead, everyone I saw after the game at Walmart would greet you by shaking their head with disbelief and then we'd start talking about it.

Hey Tops,,, was that you I talked to at Wal Mart,,, and told you the skunk ran right under my seat????? That was the craziest thing I've seen in years,,, the game,, and the skunk. LOL :sweat: :woohoo: people were running around like the little blue man trying to get away from that stripped kitty kat. LOL

why put your emotions on your sleeve???

And why not? It was an emotional game!

Gtown was giving your bears a little praise for the fight that yall brought to Big G last nite........ da bears played a great game and played their A game..... I for one am glad that my Buckeyes came out with the win, however it was a hard fought one........

I do not take exception with Gtown's praise, although to me it doesn't mean much when it is surrounded by criticism, & jabs at our boy's sportsmanship & abilities on the field. There were two teams on the field & both had their moments! Praise doesn't mean much when you hide it behind demeaning remarks! Maybe if you thought about what you were saying before you wrote it down, people wouldn't think y'all were so arrogant!

Yeah, it was a tough game, full of plenty of emotions, and yes, I'm sure there are plenty of sensitive fans in Bearland today. It's been a long time since they could come on smoaky.com, after a game with Gilmer, and not read negative comments because of how bad their team was, and how good Gilmer is. So when you talk about Gtown giving my "bears" a "little" praise, for the fight that they brought to "Big G", and that "da bears" played their "A" game, you will have to forgive us that we don't see the praise or humor in his or your statements!

I must have miss read the stats. Because GW can't run on Gilmer that is whay everyone said. 308 yards rushing for GW Davis had 225 and 3 td's

-GW can't run or pass the ball on gilmer's black flag defense

-GW can't stop gilmer, it will be a blowout by at least 20+

-Corey Davis won't go D1, gilmer will shut him down...

NONE of this happened because GW showed up and suprise the heck outta all them

gilmer people more than than that skunk did... Anybody still think Corey Davis won't go D1?

Ok Oldbuckeye#62,,,,,,, if you were trying to toss out the Tinkers Dang by having a couple of skunks deliver the load,,,,, dadgum it man,,, make sure they go to the right bleachers next time. That was the funniest thing I've seen in years. Skunk #1 was in the upper reserved seats either late 3rd qtr,,, or early 4th,,, not sure. I don't know how that one got corraled,,, but it went off pretty easily I think.

Then,,, Skunk #2 appeared on the scene. He was in the upper portion of the reserved seats but on the north end. Ok,,, so at that point, I'm thinkin' there were just some folks up there trying to get something stirred up,,,, just makin' a joke out of it. But then there was a lot of commotion,, lots of moving around,, a few screams here and there. Then there were about 15 or 20 folks all in a big circle. Most were standing on seats,, but all were looking at one spot under the bleacher seats. Things kinda stayed that way for a minute or so,,, then all of a sudden, about five women between them and myself, who was about ten or twelves rows below this commotion,,, started screaming and running in opposite directions. :chase:

At that point,, I asked my friend who was sitting beside me,,, "where is he"? And he said,,, (in a rather freaked out manner),,,, "RIGHT THERE" :w00t: ,,,,pointing a couple of rows above us. All of a sudden,,, I saw the little rascal,, waddling in between the row,,, then he dropped down another one,, then another,,, then I'll be doggoned if he didn't waddle right under my friends seat, right beside me. (we were both standing on the seats at this point,,, like little girls who had seen a mouse) It was a cool night, but I think I was sweatin' at that point. Well he drops down another couple of rows,, and then hear comes Rick Albritton, our Superintendent,,, with a "coat" no less trying to throw over the skunk.

There was a miss or three,, and by that time,, the skunk had made it to the bottom row,,, then back up a row or two,,, Super. A. right behind him,,, then up several more rows,,, and he made a bee line through the middle of the crowd, headed back to the south end of the reserved seats.

I don't know at what point he was captured by the lady mentioned in an earlier post. What I "do" know is that she is a much braver person than this old buckeye fan. :whome: (Standing in the seat like a woman,,, I oughta be ashamed) :wub: Let me be the first one to say, that a skunk smells 100 per cent worse up close and personal,,, than they do from afar. He wasn't big,,, but that little dude smelled "baaaaaaad",,,,,,, made me wanna puke. Anyway,,, we survived the skunks,,,, and we survived the Bear attack. We need fewer "critters" at these games,,, how bout armed guards surrounding the stadium,, with full gas masks,, and skunk and bear traps?? :rofl: That game almost got the best of me.