Buckeye1980

Gilmer- Gladewater  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got

• Buckeyes
    • Bears

-GW can't run or pass the ball on gilmer's black flag defense

-GW can't stop gilmer, it will be a blowout by at least 20+

-Corey Davis won't go D1, gilmer will shut him down...

NONE of this happened because GW showed up and suprise the heck outta all them

gilmer people more than than that skunk did... Anybody still think Corey Davis won't go D1?

I KNOW he wont go D1. The boy has the tools to do it, but he cant control himself on the field. The last two years Gladewater has played Gilmer he has had alot of rushing yards, but still cant control himself and lets his emotions get the best of him. There are to many good RBs in the nation for a D1 school to put up with that #### from him. His brother isnt any better after watching him grab a Gilmer player by the facemask and rip his helmet off out of bounds. Both boys were trash talking the whole game.

I dont know if anyone else saw it, but every time Gimers QB ran the ball and got tackled Gladewaters #2 was grabbing and twisting his ankles after the whistle was blown. But I guess when Gilmer has beat you for god knows how long you have to try cheating to win at that point. Guess it still didnt help.

I surprised no one has said anything about this. I know first thing yall are going to say is that it was a rivalry game and thats what happen. Well your wrong. Both of the Davis boys have no respect for the game, and dont deserve to play in the next level, but if they do they are goin to find some boys that are alot bigger that Gilmers little defense and they are goin to knock the ###### out of them. Lets see how they like that.

Gilmer beats Gladewater AGIAN.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I KNOW he wont go D1. The boy has the tools to do it, but he cant control himself on the field. The last two years Gladewater has played Gilmer he has had alot of rushing yards, but still cant control himself and lets his emotions get the best of him. There are to many good RBs in the nation for a D1 school to put up with that #### from him. His brother isnt any better after watching him grab a Gilmer player by the facemask and rip his helmet off out of bounds. Both boys were trash talking the whole game.

I dont know if anyone else saw it, but every time Gimers QB ran the ball and got tackled Gladewaters #2 was grabbing and twisting his ankles after the whistle was blown. But I guess when Gilmer has beat you for god knows how long you have to try cheating to win at that point. Guess it still didnt help.

I surprised no one has said anything about this. I know first thing yall are going to say is that it was a rivalry game and thats what happen. Well your wrong. Both of the Davis boys have no respect for the game, and dont deserve to play in the next level, but if they do they are goin to find some boys that are alot bigger that Gilmers little defense and they are goin to knock the ###### out of them. Lets see how they like that.

Wow don't know what game you were at? Maybe you were watching film from last year? I don't man but that definitely wasn't this game! This is probably the most mature team you have played! This is really pathetic....we come close to beating yall and yall find an excuse.....wow

Wow don't know what game you were at? Maybe you were watching film from last year? I don't man but that definitely wasn't this game! This is probably the most mature team you have played! This is really pathetic....we come close to beating yall and yall find an excuse.....wow

It was this year's game. I saw the same stuff, and since I didn't go to last year's pasting, it must have happened this year. Accept it.

Gilmer had an unsportmanslike, I don't know exactly what we did, since I admit I can't see everything from across the field. But I have no doubt it was a good call because somebody, namely the officials, DID see it.

We have no reason to make this stuff up. We won a very thrilling game. The rivalry goes on.

It was this year's game. I saw the same stuff, and since I didn't go to last year's pasting, it must have happened this year. Accept it.

Gilmer had an unsportmanslike, I don't know exactly what we did, since I admit I can't see everything from across the field. But I have no doubt it was a good call because somebody, namely the officials, DID see it.

We have no reason to make this stuff up. We won a very thrilling game. The rivalry goes on.

Well its still not right to make Gilmer sound like saints and Gladewater is a bunch of dirty heathens....This is and always will be a VERY heated rivalry and for once in the four years the Davis bros. have been here we actually made a game out of it....yea there were some mouths running and maybe a little handslapping in the pile ups....anyways all in all the game is over...Buxs beat us once again....I don't agree with jacpot and inch is indeed NOT a mile....we showed up and actually gave yall a game....accept it! Good luck to the buxs in the rest of the season God knows we both need it this is a great year for both teams!

Wow, that's impressive that Cortney did that everytime Luke ran the football. Four things come to mind, 1) if he did everytime, why didn't the officials call something, 2) Luke never got up limping, 3) that means Cortney should be nominated for defensive player of the week, because he would have 27 tackles & 4) Of the 27 carries that Luke had, only 2 were 10+ yards. Cortney is not a defensive lineman, so he would not even have been in on most of those plays! Some yes, but not most of them. The other 25 rushes by Luke were 5 yards and under.

To call people cheaters is kind of harsh, and to say that a kid won't go D1 because of an unsportsmanlike penalty that happened on the opposing sideline, is not fair. I didn't see the penalty...it was not on our side, so I won't defend Corey, but I also won't condemn him for something I didn't see. I can't speak on it, but I know D1 scouts also look at a kids passion, & desire to win. The Bear players work hard in the off-season to get ready for this year, including the Davis boys. If they didn't have respect for the game, they wouldn't have worked as hard as what they did, and are. And all players deserve whatever they work hard to get!

Your eyes are so much better than mine, because you saw a whole lot more than I did, but I did see some things you didn't mention, but then again I wouldn't have expected you to see them. It would have negated half your points. As far as both boys trash talking the whole game, I guess you would know since you heard them, but wait if you heard them you would have to be a player, and if you are a player, then you couldn't have seen everything else you say you did, because you were involved in taking care of your assignments.

Bottom line is you aren't the judge of whether Corey or any other player goes D1. So glad about that or a whole lot of kids wouldn't make it to college, including your own team, whomever that may be!

Well its still not right to make Gilmer sound like saints and Gladewater is a bunch of dirty heathens....This is and always will be a VERY heated rivalry and for once in the four years the Davis bros. have been here we actually made a game out of it....yea there were some mouths running and maybe a little handslapping in the pile ups....anyways all in all the game is over...Buxs beat us once again....I don't agree with jacpot and inch is indeed NOT a mile....we showed up and actually gave yall a game....accept it! Good luck to the buxs in the rest of the season God knows we both need it this is a great year for both teams!

well we have the W and ya'll have the L

an 1/8 inch is good as 8 miles when this is a fact :coolball:

well we have the W and ya'll have the L

an 1/8 inch is good as 8 miles when this is a fact :coolball:

You are so right, the Buckeyes did get the win. Congrats to them!

jackpots, funny thing is that win over Gladewater, won't get you anything or anywhere, and probably won't even get you a cup of coffee! It's going to take more than one win over the Bears to win district, or to even make the playoffs for that matter.

You are so right, the Buckeyes did get the win. Congrats to them!

jackpots, funny thing is that win over Gladewater, won't get you anything or anywhere, and probably won't even get you a cup of coffee! It's going to take more than one win over the Bears to win district, or to even make the playoffs for that matter.

gosh guy....are you saying that that win made no differance?...did you know that we are in district play now ....wow

:coolball:

gosh guy....are you saying that that win made no differance?...did you know that we are in district play now ....wow

:coolball:

Gosh guy, no, I'm saying alone it doesn't mean anything! You still have to go out and beat someone else! I think I already said this in the last post!

Just out of curiosity. Why does the Gilmer Band and Dance Girl's sit on visitor side? I know there was a few comments made back and back between students, Gilmer students had little stuffed bears dragging them, twirling around as they walked by. My husband & I thought it was kinda cute, and chuckled. Do they always sit on the visitor side?

yes..and trust me, we think it is just as bizarre as anybody else. idk who exactly made that decision but i'm pretty sure i have a good idea. we can't hear the band at all..or maybe that's just because their fearless leader won't let them play. sorry, just a tad sensitive on that subject, lol...but to answer ur question, yes they sit over there, across the field, effectively shutting down any sense of togetherness and support that we might be able to muster. bizarre...

Ok, this will be my last post on this thread. I just can't help but make a few comments before I let it go.

I find it really silly, childish, and rediculous, that there are a handful of people from both schools/towns,,, who can't seem to be anything but defensive/irritated/critical/and over all poor sports. I know it's not my place to correct grown men and young men about their actions. And I don't suppose you have to take what I'm saying as "correction". I'm just making a comment. I'm reading where grown men,,,,, and young men who played in the game, are arguing back and forth about the actions of a few players on the field Friday night,,, and it's nah nah this,,, and nah nah that. Do you really realize how rediculous you sound????? Both in accusation and defense????

C'mon guys,,, let it go. Move on,, the game is over,, we know who won and who lost,,, it was in the papers,,, ok??? Those of us that were at the game,, we "saw" what took place on the field, or we heard comments personally from very reliable sources. Everyone has their own opinions about what they saw. Either way, it does not make any of us any the less childish,, to get on here and argue about it. When people get in gripe fests about the actions of 16 or 17 year old kids,, you're not gonna "Win" the argument,,, because regardless of what side you are on,, somebody is going to see it in a different light. The truth is the truth,, no matter which way you lean on the matter,, it doesn't change a thing. So who's mind are you trying to change?

We as Buckeye fans can find a lot of good things to congratulate the Gladewater Bears for. And the Gladewater fans, can do the same thing about the Gilmer Buckeyes. Both teams made mistakes, both mentally, and physically, and emotionally. But it's history. When college signing day is here and gone, we will know if someone didn't get recruited due to their attitudes or not. Maybe that will happen, maybe it won't,, but none of us have any way to be sure about either possibility at this point.

I wish both teams,, and all the players the best in the future. I hope everybody,, both players, and posters alike,, will just let that stuff go,, and be the kind of examples we should be for all the young people who get on Smoaky to read our comments. I hear people all the time say that the young kids of today, have absolutely no respect for grown ups. Well why should they, if they get on here and read some of the garbage, that "supposedly grown up men", have to say. I'm not talking about friendly smack talking banter,,, I'm talking about allowing yourself to get into the silly stuff, I've been reading for the past few days by a select few folks. Most everyone has been great. But I just don't see the need in some of the excessively overblown comments.

No matter what your feelings are at this point,, can't we just agree to be respectful to eachother?

Ok, this will be my last post on this thread. I just can't help but make a few comments before I let it go.

I find it really silly, childish, and rediculous, that there are a handful of people from both schools/towns,,, who can't seem to be anything but defensive/irritated/critical/and over all poor sports. I know it's not my place to correct grown men and young men about their actions. And I don't suppose you have to take what I'm saying as "correction". I'm just making a comment. I'm reading where grown men,,,,, and young men who played in the game, are arguing back and forth about the actions of a few players on the field Friday night,,, and it's nah nah this,,, and nah nah that. Do you really realize how rediculous you sound????? Both in accusation and defense????

C'mon guys,,, let it go. Move on,, the game is over,, we know who won and who lost,,, it was in the papers,,, ok??? Those of us that were at the game,, we "saw" what took place on the field, or we heard comments personally from very reliable sources. Everyone has their own opinions about what they saw. Either way, it does not make any of us any the less childish,, to get on here and argue about it. When people get in gripe fests about the actions of 16 or 17 year old kids,, you're not gonna "Win" the argument,,, because regardless of what side you are on,, somebody is going to see it in a different light. The truth is the truth,, no matter which way you lean on the matter,, it doesn't change a thing. So who's mind are you trying to change?

We as Buckeye fans can find a lot of good things to congratulate the Gladewater Bears for. And the Gladewater fans, can do the same thing about the Gilmer Buckeyes. Both teams made mistakes, both mentally, and physically, and emotionally. But it's history. When college signing day is here and gone, we will know if someone didn't get recruited due to their attitudes or not. Maybe that will happen, maybe it won't,, but none of us have any way to be sure about either possibility at this point.

I wish both teams,, and all the players the best in the future. I hope everybody,, both players, and posters alike,, will just let that stuff go,, and be the kind of examples we should be for all the young people who get on Smoaky to read our comments. I hear people all the time say that the young kids of today, have absolutely no respect for grown ups. Well why should they, if they get on here and read some of the garbage, that "supposedly grown up men", have to say. I'm not talking about friendly smack talking banter,,, I'm talking about allowing yourself to get into the silly stuff, I've been reading for the past few days by a select few folks. Most everyone has been great. But I just don't see the need in some of the excessively overblown comments.

No matter what your feelings are at this point,, can't we just agree to be respectful to eachother?

Otay......... my bottom lip is no longer pooched out and I feel the need for a group hug..... to my Gladewater friends, nothing but the best for you for the rest of the season....... UncleB :hug:

Not necessarily. Gladewatee has improved leaps and bounds every week

And Canton hasnt? 6 and 0 baby!!! :thumbsup:

Gladewater just has bad luck, lost 3 games by one point. Just think of it 3 points and they would be undefeated. Ouch... But i wish best of luck to both teams!