Gilmer- Gladewater

Buckeye1980

Gilmer- Gladewater  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got

• Buckeyes
    • Bears

Why doesn't Gladewater schedule Daingerfield then? The Tigers (4-1) are a 2-time defending 2A D1 state champion. I wouldn't put too much stock in their loss to the Buckeyes. For whatever reason, they just don't match up well with us. My money says that the Tigers will do what they've done the past two years. Tatum (5-0) is a perennial playoff team that is VERY good this year, and MAY be the only team that has a chance to stop Daingerfield from having a 3-peat. Jacksonville is a 4A playoff team. Liberty-Eylau is a perennial playoff team. The only team on the Buckeyes' schedule that is really "down" is Atlanta. Who has Gladewater played, and beaten, that would "wow" anybody? It's pretty obvious Gilmer has had the tougher schedule, yet they come into this game with the same record as Gladewater. The Buckeyes went through two games (Tatum and Jacksonville) where they made a ton of mistakes, i.e. turnovers (5 each game), dropped passes, penalties, etc., not to mention a ton of injuries on the defense, yet they still had a chance to win both of those games. After those games, they finally started pulling together as a team defensively and had a lot less turnovers offensively, and won both. I'm hoping the Buckeyes have turned the corner, and got those past mistakes behind them. If they have, which I am very confident they have, they will be a tough out for anybody. This game is the first district game, and BOTH teams will be trying to make a statement. We'll just have to wait and see which team starts district with a win. :thumbsup: Good luck to the Bears.................AFTER this Friday night, of course. :D

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really colleges only recruit from teams with good offensive lines?

No, colleges recruit kids that have great numbers,,and good consistant O'lines help you get those numbers,,,,but leave it to u to find something wrong with every post! You need to change you name to "Old Cheap Shot"" :rofl:

What I find funny is that Gilmer beats D'Field and then all of a sudden they are a powerhouse again. Throw Gilmer out of the equation and the Tigers opponent's have a combined record of 3 wins and 17 losses. Throw Gilmer back in and it is 6 and 19. So you really can't say you beat a powerhouse when they haven't played anybody that really gave them a true test to that point. Just sayin...

Yea we know,, you find it funny,,that's the second time you've posted that,,,We find it funny you,,say the same #### every year at this time,, when them Bucks are about to deal your beloved Bears,, a big ole woop'n,,let's see how funny you find that Saturday morning!.....

Just curious, who has made offers, and has he committed to anyone?

I personally know Corey, and he is one of my really good friends. From what he said before the season started is he wasn't going to make a commitment until the season was over. He has been getting plenty of offers though, I can guarantee you that.

Must be flying under the radar.....can't find him on rivals.com

Same here!

I personally know Corey, and he is one of my really good friends. From what he said before the season started is he wasn't going to make a commitment until the season was over. He has been getting plenty of offers though, I can guarantee you that.

I'm like Eagel8, I could'nt find him listed on Rivals or maxprep.....Again I was just curious, who he was getting offers from,,what is he,,about 5'9 175...don't think he is very big ,is he?,,,with his speed it does'nt really matter,, and hopefully he stays in Texas..LOL..

Same here!

I'm like Eagel8, I could'nt find him listed on Rivals or maxprep.....Again I was just curious, who he was getting offers from,,what is he,,about 5'9 175...don't think he is very big ,is he?,,,with his speed it does'nt really matter,, and hopefully he stays in Texas..LOL..

These are just SOME. Straight from Corey in a text, " Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Baylor, TCU, SMU, ULM, LTU, NWU, NMSU, UM."

These are just SOME. Straight from Corey in a text, " Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Baylor, TCU, SMU, ULM, LTU, NWU, NMSU, UM."

Certainly got a shot to play at Oklahoma, Murray's gone, along with Modeau,,definitely might get some playing time there! But again hopefully he stays in Texas......we wish him the best.......and hopefully we hold him under a Benjamin, Friday night!..LOL..

I'm so glad everybody is on gilmer's bandwagon. it is going be nice to see an upset on friday night when the bears go out and beat the snot out of the buckeyes. no need to predict a score all is know is it will be like this

gladewater- W

gilmer- L

-- Young Men

thats wats up young man. its all about the W

No offense intentend, it is what it is. Besides, I've seen Gladewater referred to as the Bares in newspapers, lol. At any rate, you are right, Tatum ran on Gilmer....but Gladewater isn't anywhere close to being Tatum. Tatum also passed on Gilmer as did Jacksonville. You can't be one dimensional and expect to win. You guys have a great RB, who will no doubt get his yards. I'll say about 120. If he gets anywhere close to his avg. of 200+ it will be simply because he was handed the ball too much and ya'll will lose by 28+. To beat Gilmer, you will need a balanced attack. Gladewater has the running game, but to make THAT work, they will need a stellar passing game as well. Gilmer will score, and score alot. Is the BEAR offense balanced enough to keep up with Gilmer? I don't think so. Is the Bear defense good enough to stop Gilmer's offense? No. Just saying. Good Luck....

Well my friend?? Tatum did pass but mainly ran, i watched the film. and if Tatum can do good running the ball. what do you think my friend corey davis is gona do???

1013 yards rushing :shocked:

Great list! Corey can get a good education at all those schools! Of course I would love to see him go to Baylor!

Well my friend?? Tatum did pass but mainly ran, i watched the film. and if Tatum can do good running the ball. what do you think my friend corey davis is gona do???

Still trying to understand why Gladewater fans are comparing the Bears to Tatum. Gladewater is nowhere near the team Tatum is. Liberty Eylau and Daingerfield had just as good RBs, with better OL's and both were held to under 100 yds. The Gilmer team you guys will face Friday is different than the team that played Tatum a month ago. Gladewater has 3 wins vs a weak schedule. C Davis is a tremendous back, but again all those yards are against pretty weak teams. He'll have some good runs, but he won't be enough for Gladewater to match Gilmer's high powered offense. Should be a pretty good game for a quarter or two, until Gilmer pulls away and Gladewater will be forced to throw. With the game IN Gilmer AND their homecoming, I think it will be too much for them to overcome.

Buckeyes win.

Yea we know,, you find it funny,,that's the second time you've posted that,,,We find it funny you,,say the same #### every year at this time,, when them Bucks are about to deal your beloved Bears,, a big ole woop'n,,let's see how funny you find that Saturday morning!.....

See another thing I find funny is that if a Gladewater guy comes on Smoaky and makes a comment you don't like, you get royally ticked off. Dude, go back to the deer stand and focus your chee and lighten up!

Still trying to understand why Gladewater fans are comparing the Bears to Tatum. Gladewater is nowhere near the team Tatum is. Liberty Eylau and Daingerfield had just as good RBs, with better OL's and both were held to under 100 yds. The Gilmer team you guys will face Friday is different than the team that played Tatum a month ago. Gladewater has 3 wins vs a weak schedule. C Davis is a tremendous back, but again all those yards are against pretty weak teams. He'll have some good runs, but he won't be enough for Gladewater to match Gilmer's high powered offense. Should be a pretty good game for a quarter or two, until Gilmer pulls away and Gladewater will be forced to throw. With the game IN Gilmer AND their homecoming, I think it will be too much for them to overcome.

Buckeyes win.

we aren't comparing gwater to Tatum, you just said that you have to pass to best gilmer yet, Tatum ran all over gilmer. And Corey will go D1 as Mahaffey said, he isn't going to commit until after the season, like he stated before the season. And he gets letters/scouts everyday I PROMISE you that.

You say this as if Tatum doesn't have a rushing game. Davis is a good athlete....a lot of speed but he is not going to do what Allen from Tatum did to Gilmers defense. Hes not gonna go for around 300. One difference in this situation. Next time you want to try to put G-waters rushing attack over Tatum's, compare your 0-line to ours.....we've been running wild on the Gilmers and Pittsburgs averaging.....you've been running wild on the Cantons and Arps.

I hear ya.... If Tatum only had one back instead of 8 then allen would have close to 1500 yards(assuming he plays more than a half in all 5 games)... Or Woodard or Harkless or..... you get the point....

Just because someone isnt on rivals or maxpreps doesnt mean they arent being recruited or isnt going to play ball in college.. Take Allen for instance, he isnt on any of that.. But there is about 7 DI schools interested in him...

Just because someone isnt on rivals or maxpreps doesnt mean they arent being recruited or isnt going to play ball in college.. Take Allen for instance, he isnt on any of that.. But there is about 7 DI schools interested in him...

I agree with that,, but normally the radar,, has picked them up,, I'm kinda bet'n Allen goes to Houston,, they seem to be able to get them Tatum boys!

I agree with that,, but normally the radar,, has picked them up,, I'm kinda bet'n Allen goes to Houston,, they seem to be able to get them Tatum boys!

Im thinking he will go out of state.. lol

You say this as if Tatum doesn't have a rushing game. Davis is a good athlete....a lot of speed but he is not going to do what Allen from Tatum did to Gilmers defense. Hes not gonna go for around 300. One difference in this situation. Next time you want to try to put G-waters rushing attack over Tatum's, compare your 0-line to ours.....we've been running wild on the Gilmers and Pittsburgs averaging.....you've been running wild on the Cantons and Arps.

He had 89 yards rushing against Arp. Most of it on one run. I wouldn't call that running wild.