OU vs Texas

OBTS

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure either team's fans are confident enough to talk smack...but if you wish, this is the spot!

I'll take a close win over a double-digit loss anyday but, you're right, I'm wondering which OU team shows up on Saturday. The team that dominated Florida State or the team that made Air Force and Cincy look like worldbeaters...

I'll take a close win over a double-digit loss anyday but, you're right, I'm wondering which OU team shows up on Saturday. The team that dominated Florida State or the team that made Air Force and Cincy look like worldbeaters...

^

THIS. There were so many times tonight that OU probably should have put Cincy in the rear view mirror, but didn't, either due to boneheaded special teams play, dumb penalties, (and, I know that UT fans will take solace in this), questionable play-calling from Kevin Wilson. Oh, let's not give the D a pass, they stunk it up, too.

At the end of the night, however, it's still a W...

I think OU wins next week, but I sure wouldn't bet the house on it!

I am a UT fan, and I am not in the least bit confident enough to talk smack to anyone. I never do talk smack, but if I did I would be zipping my lips after yesterday's events in Austin.

Snap your a good fan.... :thumbsup: But you do know there's nothing wrong with talkin smack for your team. It's all in fun. It's some of these other guys that take it personal and start attacking you the individual thats not cool.. :thumbdown:

You have every right to say whatever you want to say..... :notworthy:

Glad to meet you and may you and your team have a good season!..... :highfive:

Snap your a good fan.... :thumbsup: But you do know there's nothing wrong with talkin smack for your team. It's all in fun. It's some of these other guys that take it personal and start attacking you the individual thats not cool.. :thumbdown:

You have every right to say whatever you want to say..... :notworthy:

Glad to meet you and may you and your team have a good season!..... :highfive:

Thank you for the post, and good to talk to you as well. Neat to see an OSU fan on here. I used to hate Ohio State and it was because of the 2001 season where I thought they should've lost at least twice on their way to winning the national championship over Miami.

Since then I've grown to respect the Buckeyes. Y'all have lost some big games, but you always battle UT to the end and we're 2-1 against y'all with your win coming in Austin and it was a solid victory.

The big games you've lost have usually been in the national championship. I think a lot of my fellow UT fans used to razz OU fans on here, because after winning the 2000 title OU hasn't been able to win any of their other title shots, but after this past season when UT lost in the national championship I think it may have given some Texas fans a little different perspective.

I have an acquaintance who works for a manufacturer we represent and he's an Ohio State fan. I remember after one of those national title games y'all lost he was all down and then also upset at people ragging on the Buckeyes so hard for not being able to win in the title game. I told him over 100 other programs would've loved to have played in the national championship game, and that most of the people who are/were laughing at the Buckeyes are just reveling in their loss, because their own team couldn't make to the big dance.

To the other topic, I do understand people being allowed to say what they want, and I like seeing all of the banter back and forth, because it is fun. I just make sure not to do any trash talking even though I do see the fun and good spirit in it.

We're all here to enjoy our teams and talk about them with our SDC buddies. Plus, I don't know how to dig up those funny pictures and post them......... :smirk:

OU wins this one, way too many problems on offense for Texas right now. OU pulls it out 27-10.

On a side note, Davis and co need to figure out what the are going to do on offense. Texas has struggled on offense every game until the second half where their depth allowed them to wear down wyoming and rice. If they dont start getting quicker starts and improve a good bit before seasons end i could see them losing to OU, Nebraska and A&M. Now they could turn it around and put it on A&M by seasons end, but from what ive seen, losses to OU and Nebraska are coming.

Thank you for the post, and good to talk to you as well. Neat to see an OSU fan on here. I used to hate Ohio State and it was because of the 2001 season where I thought they should've lost at least twice on their way to winning the national championship over Miami.

Since then I've grown to respect the Buckeyes. Y'all have lost some big games, but you always battle UT to the end and we're 2-1 against y'all with your win coming in Austin and it was a solid victory.

The big games you've lost have usually been in the national championship. I think a lot of my fellow UT fans used to razz OU fans on here, because after winning the 2000 title OU hasn't been able to win any of their other title shots, but after this past season when UT lost in the national championship I think it may have given some Texas fans a little different perspective.

I have an acquaintance who works for a manufacturer we represent and he's an Ohio State fan. I remember after one of those national title games y'all lost he was all down and then also upset at people ragging on the Buckeyes so hard for not being able to win in the title game. I told him over 100 other programs would've loved to have played in the national championship game, and that most of the people who are/were laughing at the Buckeyes are just reveling in their loss, because their own team couldn't make to the big dance.

To the other topic, I do understand people being allowed to say what they want, and I like seeing all of the banter back and forth, because it is fun. I just make sure not to do any trash talking even though I do see the fun and good spirit in it.

We're all here to enjoy our teams and talk about them with our SDC buddies. Plus, I don't know how to dig up those funny pictures and post them......... :smirk:

Your absolutely right about the 2002 National Champions. They pulled some games out of their hats. I'll always defend the National Championship game but yes the other games, they were very lucky to have made it through.

Regardless, Welcome to Smoaky.com

OU wins this one, way too many problems on offense for Texas right now. OU pulls it out 27-10.

On a side note, Davis and co need to figure out what the are going to do on offense. Texas has struggled on offense every game until the second half where their depth allowed them to wear down wyoming and rice. If they dont start getting quicker starts and improve a good bit before seasons end i could see them losing to OU, Nebraska and A&M. Now they could turn it around and put it on A&M by seasons end, but from what ive seen, losses to OU and Nebraska are coming.

That's a very logical opinion/post, because my Horns looked horrible yesterday. Maybe they'll get some things figured out. It's kind of funny, I mean it can happen where they come out next week and look like world beaters.

Example: I know it's high school, but still...My Carthage Bulldogs had won back-to-back state championships and 31 games in a row up until two weeks ago. Then we got smoked at Chapel Hill and whipped at Nac two weeks in a row as the defense was wretched and the quarterback was making way too many mistakes.

Then, this past week CHS comes home and plays Center. We were winning 49-14 at the half. Granted, Center had a lot of turnovers in the game, but our offense capitalized on all of them and the defense did run an interception back for a touchdown. So, after two weeks of looking like our 8th grade team had stolen the varsity uniforms and were playing on Friday night instead of Thursday night it was like suddenly our Dawgs had returned and hadn't missed a lick.

Craziness, but I do also see where UT could lose quite a few games this year and not reach that 10 win mark they've grown accustomed to reaching every year.

OU is not a big power running team so the type of offense they run plays better into Texas' defense.

I would expect OU to run more after the way Texas wore down against UCLA.

Just like it is every week the game will come down to the Texas offense against the OU Defense.

I fully expect a good game but i just don't see the Texas offense being able to score enough.

The Nebraska game is the scariest so its a great thing Texas has an off week before that one.