OU vs Texas

OBTS

Oklahoma Last Year

Ranked in Top 10 in the beginning of the season.

Injuries to key players cause young players to be put into positions they weren't supposed to have to play that season causing the season to derail into a rebuilding year.

Texas This Year

Ranked in the Top 10 in the beginning of the season.

No significant injuries to key players to throw off the season. Young players were going to be starting anyways, yet they were still ranked that high.

Now I do agree with you that all of those injuries last year is definately benifiting the Oklahoma team this year because of the experience that some of the young players got that wasn't planned like Landry Jones.

Where Texas was ranked to begin this season is not relevant. The fan of UT that are honest and know football knew this season could be alot like 2007 or 2003 with the ups and downs.

I know I personally NEVER saw 2010 UT as a top 10 team. Just way to much youth

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where Texas was ranked to begin this season is not relevant. The fan of UT that are honest and know football knew this season could be alot like 2007 or 2003 with the ups and downs.

I know I personally NEVER saw 2010 UT as a top 10 team. Just way to much youth

Great points and great post. I agree and did the same.

This is the first time I've been able to get on SDC to talk about the game. Congratulations to OU, you whipped us this year. OU tried as hard as they could to keep UT in the game very late. First, the boneheaded fake punt attempt by Stoops was just what UT needed, and though it didn't result in points it kept UT from being buried in its own end of the field.

Next, Landry Jones' fumble put OU way back in their own territory and even a huge run by Murray couldn't get the first down so they had to punt. Then, as UT's comedy of errors continued, the game ended probably exactly the way you'd figure it'd end - with another self inflicted wound by Texas with the Aaron Williams muffed punt and recovery by the Sooners.

UT made way too many mental mistakes at huge spots in the game that could've swung the game in Texas' favor. The two that stand out are the offsides by Eddie Jones at the beginning of the play where Jeffcoat stripped Jones deep in OU's end of the field, which would've resulted in at least three points as UT recovered on the OU 22 yard line.

The other game changing play was when UT had held OU on third down in the second half only for Jackson Jeffcoat to act like a moron and get a personal foul resulting in a fresh set of downs for OU and they quickly turned that into a DeMarco Murray tip-toe down the sideline TD to extend their lead.

I also need to say I've always been one of UT fans who've not been too high on Murray. Murray had a good game this year and deserves some recognition. His big plays came on those swing passes and sprints to the edge as usual, but he also busted a few runs up the middle for 10 or 15 yards a pop. Murray was very good on Saturday afternoon.

I tell you though, I was proud of the UT team for not quitting even though they continually shot themselves in the foot throughout the game and were down pretty big during that game. They kept fighting and refused to quit and had a chance in the end (even though it would've been with no timeouts, 50 yards to navigate with only 58 seconds and if they had scored they would've also needed a two point conversion to tie it.) The defense came on in the second half and rushed Jones very well and played with more intensity. If Greg Davis would throw the ball down the field more we could have a real offense and I enjoyed seeing UT hit the near homerun ball over the top to Malcolm Williams. That GG can throw it down there and if he'd only have the handcuffs removed we could maybe see what kind of quarterback he's going to be. UT still needs some real playmakers to step up, and receivers need to quit dropping passes thrown to them.

Hook 'em Horns!