Your First Car.

reddmutt1898

My first car was a 1968 Mercury Cougar. I bought it from a friend who was going into the Air Force in 1974. It had a high performance 302 with 3 speed floor shifter. It was a lot of fun to drive,and fast too. I liked the cheery bomb mufflers that were on it when I bought it. They were almost nothing but a swelling in the exhaust pipes. The tail pipes came out on each side of the car about 6 inches in front of each back tire. If you came up behind the car it did not sound as loud as it would with both pipes at the back bumper. It would top out at 130mph,and on a good day run the quarter at alomst 115mph. I sold it after my youngest brother wrecked it.It was a great first car. I will never forget it,or the fun I had driving it.

My first car was a 1968 Mercury Cougar. I bought it from a friend who was going into the Air Force in 1974. It had a high performance 302 with 3 speed floor shifter. It was a lot of fun to drive,and fast too. I liked the cheery bomb mufflers that were on it when I bought it. They were almost nothing but a swelling in the exhaust pipes. The tail pipes came out on each side of the car about 6 inches in front of each back tire. If you came up behind the car it did not sound as loud as it would with both pipes at the back bumper. It would top out at 130mph,and on a good day run the quarter at alomst 115mph. I sold it after my youngest brother wrecked it.It was a great first car. I will never forget it,or the fun I had driving it.

And looked just like a Mustang.

1964 Chevrolet Impala, two-door convertible, white rag top, Candy Apple red paint. Ran like a scalded ape!

My dad & I bought it when I was 14 (back in 1976) & fixed it up. Had to sell it when he took sick with cancer. Used my money to buy a 1963 Chevy Impala 4-door as my 2nd car).

I'd give my left testicle for that '64 Impala (shoot - since I had a vasectomy about 12 years ago neither one does me any good...I'd give 'em both up for it if necessary!)

1964 Chevrolet Impala, two-door convertible, white rag top, Candy Apple red paint. Ran like a scalded ape!

My dad & I bought it when I was 14 (back in 1976) & fixed it up. Had to sell it when he took sick with cancer. Used my money to buy a 1963 Chevy Impala 4-door as my 2nd car).

I'd give my left testicle for that '64 Impala (shoot - since I had a vasectomy about 12 years ago neither one does me any good...I'd give 'em both up for it if necessary!)

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Hate to tell you this buddy but those #### are no longer your property. They belong to your wife........lol

However........I still envy you!!!!!.....I want a 67 Impala or Malibu, which is the same thing of course but still. YOU DA MAN!!!!!!

My folks bought me and my brouther an IROC-Z which sense my brother was older, it never really got to be mine till he totalled it.

Then my dad bought me Fiero that I loved but it was a piece of #### in that it broke down all the time.

Had one of the new Mustang GT's but the ex-wife took that, along with my testicles so I'm thinking about

getting a Smart car for the horse power.........lol

First one I see, I am gonna get: '67 Fairlane coupe w/ 390 or will settle for 289 (Just let it sound good) Going to paint it all Black with older looking Cragers. Three speed is fine. Not a real fast or even a real popular one, but for some reason I liked them. I figure I can get it cheaper than the Goat or Buick GS 400 I really want.

69 Ford half ton pickup. Bought it in 83. Baby blue with white wagon wheel rims. 240 straight 6 with 3 speed on the column. No A/C. Almost purchased a 52 Chevy pickup to fix up but bought the Ford instead. Was going to fix it up too but too much sports and girlfriend got in the way.

My brother eventually got my truck and re-painted it a darker blue and put a 302 in it and converted it to floor shift. He used to run it some at the Hallsville Dragstrip back when it was still open. It is now at my parent's house.

'76 Cougar(silver cat) - Farrah could really sell a car back then! LOL

you guys need to buy your wives one of those t-shirts that says: "he may wear the pants, but I control the zipper." :whip:

Do they make one for ex wives cause I think that probably still holds true but in parenthesis below zipper put, sanity, money, the house, the cars, and happyness!.......I could see making a fortune off of that one for her!.......... :rofl:

Sorry dude, I think it's already been covered in silkscreen and song - but you cold change around the pronouns and give it a different perspective like:

I got the goldmine he got the shaft

I'm sure you could rake in some other shafted guys' goldmines from the "ex-wives club" members for her! :highfive: [ I'm hoping you can appreciate the high 5 - seeing as you are the soup nazi :rofl: ]

Gotta love Jerry Reed! :thumbsup:

Sorry dude, I think it's already been covered in silkscreen and song - but you cold change around the pronouns and give it a different perspective like:

I got the goldmine he got the shaft

I'm sure you could rake in some other shafted guys' goldmines from the "ex-wives club" members for her! :highfive: [ I'm hoping you can appreciate the high 5 - seeing as you are the soup nazi :rofl: ]

Gotta love Jerry Reed! :thumbsup:

Sorry man, I didn't see fit to modify my pronouns. Especially when she took the dangling participle too.... :rofl:

Yeah I got the highfive. Miss that show.

1985 Jeep CJ-7

It was built three years before I was born, but I couldn't get that beast stuck...and trust me, I tried.

My dad had two Jeep CJ-7's and one of them was a legend around town here. They said he had a snorkle on it and he could take it out on the water. We had a railroad track that was just so steep you couldn't walk up it and I remember dad climbing that thing like it was nothing! He would take it in the mud pits and tear up...lol. This was back in like 79 and people still talk about those Jeeps!

So when I got older, when I was working in law enforcement I got my first Jeep Wrangler. It was a red one that was a big 6 cylinder I think. I know pretty weak fo a Jeep but at the time it actually had some power to it. Well when I moved to Texas it sat over the winter here in Ohio and when mom started it up, it blew the engine. So we got Chrysler to put a new motor in it but they didn't clean the grease and oil out of the exhaust when they supposedly fixed it. So little by little the Jeep kept losing it's power to the point where I'd be driving up hill on my way to Tyler and it wouldn't hardly go 45! So I had to sale it to my mom and her husband. They found out about the exhaust and cut it off and then ended up trading it in. So a couple years later, I saw another Jeep with nice 4X4 rims and Vampire tires. It was red just like my first but this one was on steroids! Had the light bar and everything! So I bought that one and it had a snorkle on it just like my dad's second Jeep!! His Jeeps were yellow and mine were red. I just always thought that was funny how we both bought the same vehicles and I didn't even intend to honor him that way. I just always had a love for Jeeps in my heart sense I first rode in my daddy's Jeeps!

Thank you very, very much for reminding me of that!