Txx. High 27 - Denison 20 Final

eagles66

The Yellow Jackets are getting better every game and played their best game of the season last night. Not sure if it's the norm or not, but the Texas High receivers couldn't catch a cold last night. They ran the ball very well, but the passing game couldn't get going because of all the dropped passes. If the Texas High receivers catch some of those dropped passes, they probably win by a little more. Of course, Denison also had a dropped pass in the end zone. To sum it up: I think Texas High is a little down this year, and Denison is getting better with each game. Denison is 0-6, but has a very good chance of taking 4th place in district and making the playoffs.

The Yellow Jackets are getting better every game and played their best game of the season last night. Not sure if it's the norm or not, but the Texas High receivers couldn't catch a cold last night. They ran the ball very well, but the passing game couldn't get going because of all the dropped passes. If the Texas High receivers catch some of those dropped passes, they probably win by a little more. Of course, Denison also had a dropped pass in the end zone. To sum it up: I think Texas High is a little down this year, and Denison is getting better with each game. Denison is 0-6, but has a very good chance of taking 4th place in district and making the playoffs.

I just couldn't believe the SIZE of the Texas High players. Why is our team ALWAYS so outsized by every other team? I have to say that our Jackets certainly came to play last night!! I'm extremely proud of them for a tremendous effort against a strong opponent. It helped to have some of our injured players return, and the constant carousel of QB's seems to be ended-- for now. They did rotate Rian Conrad and Clifton Jackson, and both seem to be improving. The defense played much better than against Sulphur Springs last week. We lack some of the speed that Denison traditionally has. It's taking some creative coaching to get the most out of this team. I agree with you, Yallerjacket, we ARE getting better every week!! Congrats to Texas High on their victory.

Two teams I have respect for. Wish i coulda went to this one!

Hey T-high....roll the welcome mat out to Grim for Sherman and show em how football is played classy. They could use a couple lessons.

I just read Thor Long's quote in the HD blog. He says that he "has so much faith in our team right now, and I CAN'T WAIT FOR NEXT WEEK!"...... Get ready, Tigers! They're coming for you!