The Smoakhouse Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LOL

UT out of Top 25

Meanwhile, for the first time in 10 years, Texas fell out of the Top 25. Two more traditional powers tumbled from the rankings, too, with Penn State and Southern California joining the Longhorns in the others receiving votes.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5644349

Its a good day when Texas and USC are unranked. :highfive: :bunny: :yelp:

OU should have fallen.

It was certainly not OU's best game of the year (FSU has that honor), but it is hard to drop a team when they win the game, even when they stink it up. I would not have argued or felt bad had OU stayed where they were, frankly.

They have to play Nebraska in Lincoln next. Three in a row, and away they go.

They have to play Nebraska in Lincoln next. Three in a row, and away they go.

UT is already out Dave. Try to keep up :thumbsup:

It's not Gilbert's fault. Most of his interecptions have been tipped bal ls or the receivers fault. The biggest problem offensively is theconservative overly play calling. Gilbert has more physical talant than McCoy, let him throw the ball down the field. Their offensive line has also stunk it up with their lack of run blocking.

They are not playing good football right now. Gilberts not gettin' it done.

I love Texas is loosing ,but Texas fans expect too much from this young qb, Texas will be a lot better next year. Texas has had either elite quarterbacks or good ones from mcoy,Voung,sims, major . What did these teams have in common great reciecers, domdinate o line, and fast defense.Texas is young and doesnot have that , only a 8 or 9 win season at best.

wow did I just defend TU man I gotta get some rest

I think Texas is the best 2 loss team in the country right now. They may not be after next week, well besides the fact that they may have 3 losses....lol, but I still don't think they are that bad of a team. Really, Gilbert only played one full game last year. This is really his first year and he only has what 6 games under his belt? It's not like the Oline is doing a bang up job which has alot to do with why they don't have a running game either. You have to have a Oline that at least shows up to compete.

I love Texas is loosing ,but Texas fans expect too much from this young qb, Texas will be a lot better next year. Texas has had either elite quarterbacks or good ones from mcoy,Voung,sims, major . What did these teams have in common great reciecers, domdinate o line, and fast defense.Texas is young and doesnot have that , only a 8 or 9 win season at best.

Yeah me too!..lol

But I'm not sure I'd throw Sims in there.........lol

Yeah me too!..lol

lol I thought Texas was dumb when they put him in over major, but you cant win every year got to rebuild. Texas may have 4 loses. ok state, nebraka.

Texas may struggle but beat a&m, much improved baylor , and Iowa state did put 50 on tech a team texas barely beat.

Yeah me too!..lol

I would. Simms is my favorite Texas quarterback.

I would. Simms is my favorite Texas quarterback.

Musta been all those gift wrapped footballs he kept givin ya'll.

He sure was purdy though...

Simms completed more touchdown passes to OU than he did to UT during his pathetic RRR days. I wouldn't include that guy in any great Texas QB comparison.

No, the OU folks. Chris's little brother is their QB

Yeah I know, dang sure a whole lot better than his big brother too...lol

Poor kid should have gone to a different school with all that mess going on too. Kiffin should be banned!

No, the OU folks. Chris's little brother is their QB

Oklahoma has Tennessee scheduled in 2014 and 2015, but it might be to late by then... :thumbdown:

Oklahoma has Tennessee scheduled in 2014 and 2015, but it might be to late by then... :thumbdown:

Considering that Matt Simms is listed as a junior, it's almost certain to be too late...