44 members have voted

1. 1. Rangers-Rays

• Rangers in 3
    • Rangers in 4
    • Rangers in 5
    • Rays in 3
    • Rays in 4
    • Rays in 5

ONCE AGAIN ... you can through all of your regular season stats out the proverbial window when the Postseason begins ;) "Cliff Lee was 0-3 @ The Trop this year" ... "The Rangers lost every game @ The Trop this year" BLAH - BLAH - BLAH
I remember you saying that when I was lamenting the Rangers' poor offensive performance against the Angels during the last road trip of the season. I'm glad you were right!

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Generally when you sweep someone in a best of 5 series the 3rd game is the clincher :thumbsup:

YAYYYYY! Go Rangers! Here's hoping that they sweep them and game 3 is the clincher! (Yes, I will be at game 3!) Can't wait!

:texrangers: :texrangers:

IT"S TIME!!

I bet Joe Maddon is regretting his decision to put Shields up against CJ. It's obvious he was banking on Price winning yesterday and risk the second game for a chance to come into Texas and pull out a win with his # 2 starter. Kinda backfired, ya think?

I bet Joe Maddon is regretting his decision to put Shields up against CJ. It's obvious he was banking on Price winning yesterday and risk the second game for a chance to come into Texas and pull out a win with his # 2 starter. Kinda backfired, ya think?

dont count out Shields..he is 1-1 agianst Texas this year giving up 4 runs in 12 innings..he is 31-21 career at the Trop with a 3.60 ERA...your right it was a gamble..but I think Madden feels Shields will pitch better at home( his road ERA is like 5.80 or something).

I THINK Texas gets the win today but it would not shock me if it is a 2-1 type of game

Did any one get to watch the game. Went home and watched it later last night. Am I the only one that thought the broadcasters did a boring- one tone, no excitement game. I guess I am just use to Jose and Tom!!

Thank God we didn't have to listen to Jose (as you called him). He's a clown. Don Orsillo is the TV play-by-play voice of the Red Sox and Buck Martinez does color for the Blue Jays' TV broadcast.

Thank God we didn't have to listen to Jose (as you called him). He's a clown. Don Orsillo is the TV play-by-play voice of the Red Sox and Buck Martinez does color for the Blue Jays' TV broadcast.

Sorry, thought I typed Josh. He is a little nerdy, but he does know his baseball and does bring excitement to any game. I have watched fox saturday baseball with him doing a game that the Rangers weren't playing and he was still the same. I don't think he has ever played baseball that I know of, and of the all ex-baseball players that are broadcasters, he does pretty good. I was at a Ranger ball game last month and got a autograph ball signed by Tom and was telling him it was fun watching a game on tv and listening to them and all of a sudden, Josh peeps his little head over the edge and says thanks with that dorky smile. Does TBS have all the playoff games and the world series?

Sorry, thought I typed Josh. He is a little nerdy, but he does know his baseball and does bring excitement to any game. I have watched fox saturday baseball with him doing a game that the Rangers weren't playing and he was still the same. I don't think he has ever played baseball that I know of, and of the all ex-baseball players that are broadcasters, he does pretty good. I was at a Ranger ball game last month and got a autograph ball signed by Tom and was telling him it was fun watching a game on tv and listening to them and all of a sudden, Josh peeps his little head over the edge and says thanks with that dorky smile. Does TBS have all the playoff games and the world series?

TBS has all of the division series games and the ALCS. The World Series will be broadcast by Fox. Agree with your thoughts on Grieve. He's a great guy. Saw him a couple of years ago at Comerica before the game and asked him to say hello to my in-laws on air. He couldn't have been more gracious when speaking with me.

Great win yesterday! So good to see Cliff Lee back up to his old postseason tricks once again. Here's the interesting question - if this series reaches a Game 4 on Sunday at The Ballpark (which I certainly hope it does not!), with 108 pitches thrown yesterday, would Maddon bring back Price on three days rest? He's young (25) and strong, but three days rest after throwing 108 is borderline. I would expect to see him.

Great win yesterday! So good to see Cliff Lee back up to his old postseason tricks once again. Here's the interesting question - if this series reaches a Game 4 on Sunday at The Ballpark (which I certainly hope it does not!), with 108 pitches thrown yesterday, would Maddon bring back Price on three days rest? He's young (25) and strong, but three days rest after throwing 108 is borderline. I would expect to see him.

Maddon doesn't have a better option than bringing back Price. Knowing him, though, he may run Davis out there anyway.