• Rangers in 5
    • Rays in 3
    • Rays in 4
    • Rays in 5

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely fantastic job by C.J.........wow, 6 1/3 innings and only 2 hits and NO Runs to go along with 7 K's and only 2 walks. Wait a second.......................thank you, I had to "check my swing".

Will be in attendance on Saturday. Can't wait to see the First Ever Ranger Post Season Victory Celebration.....and be part of it.

LET'S GO RANGERS !!!!

Another terrific win for the Good Guys! But what gets me about all the national media coverage and the idiots at mlb.com is that all they can talk about is the controversial Michael Young check swing. OK, so punch out Young there and take away those three runs, and the Good Guys still win, 3-0!

Go win this ALDS at The Ballpark on Saturday, Rangers!

what gets me about all the national media coverage and the idiots at mlb.com is that all they can talk about is the controversial Michael Young check swing

Yeah – were is the uproar when the AL East teams get those calls EVERY DAY? :hmm:

Why isn’t Genius de jour Joe Maddon being ridiculed for his poor job of setting his rotation?

If all the Rays have left is rallying behind bad officiating, they should be prime “pickins” for the Rangers Saturday afternoon ... :texrangers:

man what a game! i do think we got a break on the check swing, but that's baseball. when a team is playing well, those kinds of breaks seem to find you. now just take care of business saturday, hope the twins win the next two, and then get ready for the winner of their game 5 that i hope goes 137 innings. GO RANGERS!!

:nowhearthis: ATTN RAYS: It takes more than a blown check-swing call to lose a postseason game...

2010 ALDS Game 3

7823.jpg6893.jpg

Matt Garza (15-10, 3.91)

vs.

Colby Lewis (12-13, 3.72)

4:07pm Saturday October 9, 2010 on TBS

...and with that, I am off to the Metroplex for a fun-filled weekend: GO RANGERS

Yeah – were is the uproar when the AL East teams get those calls EVERY DAY? :hmm:

Why isn’t Genius de jour Joe Maddon being ridiculed for his poor job of setting his rotation?

If all the Rays have left is rallying behind bad officiating, they should be prime “pickins” for the Rangers Saturday afternoon ... :texrangers:

uhh Madden was being roasted over the fires about Shields starting as soon as the rotation was set.

The check swing was a close call on a day of close calls( and the one that went FOR the Yanks did create IMO create an uproar)

The "MO" is on the Rays side now. We threw everything at them but the kitchen sink, just not in the right order. Hopefully Hunter can pitch his butt off tomorrow and bring a series win to Texas. I'll be there tomorrow hollering for the good guys.

:texrangers: :texrangers: :texrangers:

The "MO" is on the Rays side now. We threw everything at them but the kitchen sink, just not in the right order. Hopefully Hunter can pitch his butt off tomorrow and bring a series win to Texas. I'll be there tomorrow hollering for the good guys.

:texrangers: :texrangers: :texrangers:

Hunter will live up to the moniker that Rangers' fans have given him, or rightfully lose it. If I were a Rangers' fan, I would feel pretty good about the pitching matchup tomorrow, but worried that the Rays bats have come alive. Despite your Game 1 success, you don't want to go back to that band box in St Pete for a game 7.

Even with Cliff Lee on your side, this better end tomorrow.

i just think we sometimes outcoach ourselves. again, i know you play the percentages, but the whole rightie lefty thing would've been our demise today if we'd tied it up and held the rays. nippert was our last pitcher wasn't he? oh well, we still hold the advantage and the home field. we need to close it out tomorrow so we don't go back to tampa and face price again. go rangers!!!!

Thought the Ranger's might have the killer instinct.....guess not. This series ISNT over folks.

I think labeling them with a "lack of killer instinct" has to wait until tomorrow. If they can't put the Rays away with tomorrow's pitching matchup, then that label might apply. I think the Ray's have to be given credit for not fading away. They hung in there and found some offense in a setting that had them ripe for the pickin'.

The Rangers just need to learn how to close out a post-season series...uncharted ground for them ya know.

Agreed, but this is on the job training. They have playoff-tested, veteran leadership on that club (Guerrero and Molina for starters) and they can't afford to blame it on their inexperience in the playoffs. I know it doesn't look like it now, but it might be another 11 years before they make it back. They have to strike while the iron's hot.

My first MLB postseason game was quite the experience & the traffic was no where NEAR as bad as predicted ... I just wish the results could have been more favorable :no:

2010 ALDS Game 4

10/10/10

8174.jpg8312.jpg

Wade Davis (12-10, 4.07)

vs.

Tommy Hunter (13-4, 3.75)

12:07pm TBS

walks and errors will get you beat everytime. they were able to overcome the walks early in the game but it finially caught up with them. hats off to Garza. he pitched very well holding Texas to just 2 runs. despite the walks Lewis was equally good. the bullpen let them down this time. i think the Rangers will score a bunch of runs today and will be getting ready for the Yankees this time tomorrow.