Coyotes Eat Corn

slinky16

I shot a coyote this evening after watching him for about 5 minutes eat my corn like it was dog food. I never knew they would eat corn.

Alot of dogfood is mostly corn. For a long time here in Ohio where they weren't native, they brought them in to help with the deer population back in the 40's or so my dad said, they would eat corn straight out of the field off the cobb when it got hard! Of course I mean field corn. They were scrawny for a very long time! I kinda wonder if two things didn't happen, if they didn't mix with the southern breeds or the Ohio wildlife didn't breed them with wolves which I know was done in Yellowstone.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had someone tell me the same thing about Coyotes eating corn last week. I want to know why all the coyotes are looking so malnourished and mangy these days? Anyone see that Coyote they killed in Longview. Sucker looked like some kind of creature! I think the mountain lions are taking their food!

I was coming home from Cox one night on the Loop and I saw a coyote cross the road in front of me and it just stopped and stared at me and snarled. It had no fear of me or my car. It just casually took it's time. It was HUGE and I'm not sure it wasn't a wolf! It was just like you'd see in a movie and it was foggy and the moon was out....lol. It was really cool but eerie. I remember driving home to our farm and you would see shadows of them running across the road and they were gigantic! The only one I ever saw in Ohio before I moved to Texas was tiny and was eating field corn and just looked sick. Then I remember moving to Texas and seeing them and I was, that can't be a coyote!.....lol. I'm sad to hear they've gone down hill so bad. Sounds like something in their environment is affecting their growth or something. They are certainly beautiful animals when they are healthy!

• 1 month later...
I was coming home from Cox one night on the Loop and I saw a coyote cross the road in front of me and it just stopped and stared at me and snarled. It had no fear of me or my car. It just casually took it's time. It was HUGE and I'm not sure it wasn't a wolf! It was just like you'd see in a movie and it was foggy and the moon was out....lol. It was really cool but eerie. I remember driving home to our farm and you would see shadows of them running across the road and they were gigantic! The only one I ever saw in Ohio before I moved to Texas was tiny and was eating field corn and just looked sick. Then I remember moving to Texas and seeing them and I was, that can't be a coyote!.....lol. I'm sad to hear they've gone down hill so bad. Sounds like something in their environment is affecting their growth or something. They are certainly beautiful animals when they are healthy!

I think my 2 friends AR 15 are not help them.