Nitro/Electric RC

WhitehouseWildcats2010

anybody in east texas into this hobby?

I used to be and my room mate is huge into it. I prefer air soft. I have a AR-15 socom that shoots an un-godly amount of rounds a second! Hurts like heck.......lol I paid like 400 for it and it breaks down like the real thing. It has a red dot scope on it just like the military uses and it's actually better. If you didn't know any better, you would think it was real!

^ HUH? :unsure: Are you saying you like to shoot at RC cars/planes with air soft pellets? or that you used to be into the RC car hobby but are now into the air soft hobby? I'm con-froosed.

How is that confusing? I used to be in it but now my room mate is. So instead of staying with it, I went into airsoft instead. But you did give me a good idea about shooting down my room mates planes!

Airsoft is alot of fun actually. It's not as painful as paintball nor as messy. You can't see whats being shot at you so you don't have time to get out of the way. The weapons shoot harder than a real bb-gun. They have tournaments where you break off into "fire-teams" and you can play all sorts of games like capture the flag or just skirmish. It's a blast. You have to spend a little bit of money on it for a decent gun and your equipment but it's well worth it.

This is a clip of one of the battles. The sounds of the rifles is nothing what they sound like in real life. Like the one I have as I said is a SOCOM AR-15 and it's built exactly like the militaries. Breaks down the same and everything. Only mine has a silencer on it and a bunch of tricked out stuff. It has whats known as a blowback bolt so that when you fire it, the bolt will kick back, just like the real thing. This clip is of the Mini-gun and it will fire about 3000 rounds a minute or second? The one in this video isn't charged right so it's not firing that hard but you can look up airsoft mini-guns and you'd be impressed! Warning, there is some cussing in the video. These guys are a professional team out of Ireland. and yes, they have tournaments where you get paid alot of money to play in them.

Here's another minigun. You get hit with one of these and it's game over, I quit, don't wanna play anymore.....lol

and this is a clip of some other guns you can get. The second one thats an AR-15/M4/M16 whatever you wanna call it is pretty much the same as mine but mine's a better quality gun. These aren't made of plasic or junk. These guns are made of polymers just like the real thing. They have to be cleaned and taken care of just like the real thing. You can buy older guns like the Thompson or M1 Gerrand that have real wood to them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi3wykwjEso...feature=related

Airsoft is alot of fun actually. It's not as painful as paintball nor as messy. You can't see whats being shot at you so you don't have time to get out of the way. The weapons shoot harder than a real bb-gun. They have tournaments where you break off into "fire-teams" and you can play all sorts of games like capture the flag or just skirmish. It's a blast. You have to spend a little bit of money on it for a decent gun and your equipment but it's well worth it.

This is a clip of one of the battles. The sounds of the rifles is nothing what they sound like in real life. Like the one I have as I said is a SOCOM AR-15 and it's built exactly like the militaries. Breaks down the same and everything. Only mine has a silencer on it and a bunch of tricked out stuff. It has whats known as a blowback bolt so that when you fire it, the bolt will kick back, just like the real thing. This clip is of the Mini-gun and it will fire about 3000 rounds a minute or second? The one in this video isn't charged right so it's not firing that hard but you can look up airsoft mini-guns and you'd be impressed! Warning, there is some cussing in the video. These guys are a professional team out of Ireland. and yes, they have tournaments where you get paid alot of money to play in them.

Here's another minigun. You get hit with one of these and it's game over, I quit, don't wanna play anymore.....lol

and this is a clip of some other guns you can get. The second one thats an AR-15/M4/M16 whatever you wanna call it is pretty much the same as mine but mine's a better quality gun. These aren't made of plasic or junk. These guns are made of polymers just like the real thing. They have to be cleaned and taken care of just like the real thing. You can buy older guns like the Thompson or M1 Gerrand that have real wood to them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oi3wykwjEso...feature=related

yeah i've played some backyard air soft out in the woods with some friends. it got a little bit to serious lol, when gillie suits get involved and i snipe a guy, with air soft gun of course, then reality is lost lol

yeah i've played some backyard air soft out in the woods with some friends. it got a little bit to serious lol, when gillie suits get involved and i snipe a guy, with air soft gun of course, then reality is lost lol

LOL yeah the guille suit guys are always good for a laugh. It does get pretty serious though but its a blast.

lol its even better when we dust off the hunting gear and get tree stands up

Oh yeah, we had grenades, land mines and even rocket launchers in our tournament. I've seen on Youtube where some dude made a tank....lol. They have smoke grenades even where you would throw one in a room of an old beat down house so there was no chance of fire. I've seen flash bangs that are just as real as the real ones. They have these one sniper rifles you can get that have like a 1000 fps! legal for sniping is only 500 so you can imagine what that does and you really have to wear a vest and stuff just to play. If you don't and you get hit a few times with and automatic, you'll learn your lesson pretty quick...lol. KWA (Kill with attitude)...lol, has a new sniper rifle out now called the Leonidas that runs like 900 on airsoftgi and you have to add all the specs but that thing is awesome!!! Gonna have to save up a few months for that one........lol.

I have been wanting to get one of those RC helicopters but I hear they are really hard to stabilize when you fly them. I wanted to see if I could mod one out with a paintball gun....lol. I've seen it done and it's pretty cool. Can't hit what your aiming at though....lol The only thing I hated about the RC thing was the shops seemed to really want to nickel and dime it. Man that's wrong. You had to pay for the cover, the battery, the charger, and a bunch of other stuff just to get your car running. My room mate has one that goes like 30 mph I think. Thing runs like a chainsaw. My little nephew was out chasing it with his little 4 wheeler and couldn't catch the thing it was so fast. Thats just sick and I guess they have races with them even.