Medal of Honor(2010)

WhitehouseWildcats2010

Well, tell us, why's it so "controversial"?? :hmm:

The day it will be released, the ESRB will meet with the U.S. Supreme Court trying to legistate the sale of video games to minors. They will force the very same little mark at the lower right hand corner of the video game like they do with music that has vulgar lyrics. If a retailer sales a game to a minor with this label, they can be fined up to 5,000 dollars! They are also proposing that the government be allowed to over see just what games are approved to be sold to the public in general. In other words, the government wants to take over the sales of all video games and dictate which can be made! If you get the magazine Game Informer, it tells in detail just what the government wants to do which is overstep their bounds once again.

I'm not sure if thats the issue with this particular game but I know that this will happen when it is released.

One step closer to Obama's dictatorship!

Plus, in multiplayer in Medal of Honor, the game gave you the choice of playing as a taliban fighter. The U.S. military banned it's sale on bases around the world. EA finally caved and took it out of the game. I can see why some people or most people would take offense to this but, you can play as Nazis in other games. Why is that any different? Is it because WWII took place 70 years ago and we are still fighting the Taliban?

As for the ESRB situation, it's my opinion that kids don't have any business buying M rated games anyway. If fining retailers stops minors from buying M rated games, then so be it. The government taking over the video game industry is unconstitutional, it infringes on the First Amendment. Video games are as much of a legitimate art form as books, music, and movies.

Well, tell us, why's it so "controversial"?? :hmm:

mainly cause of the subject matter, EA has been working with Spec Ops soliders to make the missions as close as possible to actuall "Tier 1" operator's missions over in the middle east, Gamestops on military bases wont be selling the game, they had to change the multiplayer "taliban" side to "OpFor" or Opposing Force

but here the real kicker, few of my friends played both multiplayer betas and said the game is just horrible. all it has for it is pretty graphics.

mainly cause of the subject matter, EA has been working with Spec Ops soliders to make the missions as close as possible to actuall "Tier 1" operator's missions over in the middle east, Gamestops on military bases wont be selling the game, they had to change the multiplayer "taliban" side to "OpFor" or Opposing Force

but here the real kicker, few of my friends played both multiplayer betas and said the game is just horrible. all it has for it is pretty graphics.

I can't wait for BLACK OPS!!!!............oh man oh man oh man!!!! That and DC's Superhero city! Gonna get my Superman on!....lol

Plus, in multiplayer in Medal of Honor, the game gave you the choice of playing as a taliban fighter. The U.S. military banned it's sale on bases around the world. EA finally caved and took it out of the game. I can see why some people or most people would take offense to this but, you can play as Nazis in other games. Why is that any different? Is it because WWII took place 70 years ago and we are still fighting the Taliban?

As for the ESRB situation, it's my opinion that kids don't have any business buying M rated games anyway. If fining retailers stops minors from buying M rated games, then so be it. The government taking over the video game industry is unconstitutional, it infringes on the First Amendment. Video games are as much of a legitimate art form as books, music, and movies.

yeah, seriously, the reason i quit playing MW2 was cause of 12 year olds being little well 12 year olds on xbox live...

1.) i dont get why parents buy M rated games for little kids, i understand if your a teen, but not old enough to buy it

2.) parents should check out the game and make sure its appropriate for there kids, cause im pretty if little johnny plays FEAR or Doom, he's gonna be up all night for the next couple days..

• 6 years later...

QUOTE (delap @ Oct 5 2010, 05:56 PM)

Well, tell us, why's it so "controversial"?? style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/hmm.gif

The day it will be released, the ESRB will meet with the U.S. Supreme Court trying to legistate the sale of video games to minors. They will force the very same little mark at the lower right hand corner of the video game like they do with music that has vulgar lyrics. If a retailer sales a game to a minor with this label, they can be fined up to 5,000 dollars! They are also proposing that the government be allowed to over see just what games are approved to be sold to the public in general. In other words, the government wants to take over the sales of all video games and dictate which can be made! If you get the magazine Game Informer, it tells in detail just what the government wants to do which is overstep their bounds once again.

I'm not sure if thats the issue with this particular game but I know that this will happen when it is released.

One step closer to Obama's dictatorship!

There isnt going to BE an Obama dictatorship...His reign is quickly winding down and he will give The Wheel of this Clown Car to Trump; Let's just pray He can drive.....