John Tyler Football

bluemonster

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? I wasn't aware that those points didn't count in the record books. Were the QB's wearing red jersies? Didn't think so. Get a new argument. That one is bogus.

Ask the PT coach why he didn't run the clock in the 2nd half. He wanted plays against the JT backups. That's all JT did....they ran plays to give the PT players a chance to scrimmage and improve. JT substituted down the roster until the talent level was even. Then they ran plays until the game was over.

My opinion is that some people are missing the point. The score is irrelevant. Whether the score is 66-6, 166-6, or 7-6, when there are less than 25 seconds on the clock, you do not have to run a play, the game is over. Win the game and act like you've been there before. It's not about making PT feel better, feeling sorry for them, or whatever other reasons that have been mentioned, it's about the game being over. Why even snap the ball?

My opinion is that some people are missing the point. The score is irrelevant. Whether the score is 66-6, 166-6, or 7-6, when there are less than 25 seconds on the clock, you do not have to run a play, the game is over. Win the game and act like you've been there before. :pointer: It's not about making PT feel better, feeling sorry for them, or whatever other reasons that have been mentioned, it's about the game being over. Why even snap the ball?

Great post.

All a coach can do is call plays............like take a knee with 13 sec. No class in JT but thats no suprise to me. Did anyone see how their students acted on TV last year after one of their teachers had been stabbed?? Of couyrse someone will blame this on someone else, just like always. WOW

Game is not over until the clock has 4 zeros showing. The game still has to be played.

Some people are just to soft and do not want to hurt any one's pride.

Why would you WANT to hurt someone's pride? Just sounds like bad upbringing to me....and what does being soft or hard have to do with anything. Had JT taken a knee, no one would have called them soft after winning by 60 points. Think before you post.

Game is not over until the clock has 4 zeros showing. The game still has to be played.

Some people are just to soft and do not want to hurt any one's pride.

The game WAS indeed "over" with 13 secs left.....time just hadn't expired; which could have easily been accomplished by going into the VERY POPULAR "Victory" formation......there's a reason it's called "Victory"...it signifies that the team with the ball has indeed been victorious, and now the only thing needing to be done is run the remaining time off the clock.

I really cannot understand anyone defending JT's actions on this. There's a possibility it was just a lapse in judgement, and no harm was intended....so why not just say "yeah, they shouldn't have done it, but they did". You have to know in your heart that's the right answer.

The NFL is a league where the players as well as the coaches make their living playing football. And aside from isolated instances like when Buddy Ryan (definition for no class) pulled this same stunt against the Cowboys years ago, you NEVER see this ..... even in the NFL. Do you actually think that coaches at that level use the Victory to kill time because they care about the other team's feelings? No...they do it because they realize that it's the classy thing to do. Both teams and their staff have worked in preparation and now playing in the game....one team has a big lead, has the ball, and the clock still has time...so they kill said time off....graciously.....because it's the RIGHT way win.....graciously.

The game WAS indeed "over" with 13 secs left.....time just hadn't expired; which could have easily been accomplished by going into the VERY POPULAR "Victory" formation......there's a reason it's called "Victory"...it signifies that the team with the ball has indeed been victorious, and now the only thing needing to be done is run the remaining time off the clock.

I really cannot understand anyone defending JT's actions on this. There's a possibility it was just a lapse in judgement, and no harm was intended....so why not just say "yeah, they shouldn't have done it, but they did". You have to know in your heart that's the right answer.

The NFL is a league where the players as well as the coaches make their living playing football. And aside from isolated instances like when Buddy Ryan (definition for no class) pulled this same stunt against the Cowboys years ago, you NEVER see this ..... even in the NFL. Do you actually think that coaches at that level use the Victory to kill time because they care about the other team's feelings? No...they do it because they realize that it's the classy thing to do. Both teams and their staff have worked in preparation and now playing in the game....one team has a big lead, has the ball, and the clock still has time...so they kill said time off....graciously.....because it's the RIGHT way win.....graciously.

:happy65:

I guess that because I am taking the other position that I am wrong and just an over zealous basketball fan who believes that the game is not over until it is over and that the 2nd and 3rd stringers should not go out and give it their all. What is practice and playing time for any way? Make the other team feel good.

Some of you that have been on Rush, why do you not go back to school and get your teaching cetificate and take his place.

I have over the years seen the same thing done and the coach and school was not blasted on a sports site. The lastest instance that I can think of was a game that one school was ahead by 25 and had the ball and would have scored again on the last play of the game but the defense stopped them. This same thing could have taken place at this game.

Unfortunately, the c oncept of having "Class" is slowly disappearing.

And noone is saying that the second, third, and fourth stringers should not play hard. People are griping because there was 13 seconds left. That is "Classless" no matter how some may want to justify it.

I guess that because I am taking the other position that I am wrong and just an over zealous basketball fan who believes that the game is not over until it is over and that the 2nd and 3rd stringers should not go out and give it their all. What is practice and playing time for any way? Make the other team feel good.

Some of you that have been on Rush, why do you not go back to school and get your teaching cetificate and take his place.

I have over the years seen the same thing done and the coach and school was not blasted on a sports site. The lastest instance that I can think of was a game that one school was ahead by 25 and had the ball and would have scored again on the last play of the game but the defense stopped them. This same thing could have taken place at this game.

I do teach and it is still classless, in my opinion, BigRedFan!

So you pull out the ''old go back to school and get your coaching certificate'' solution....classy...... :banghead:

Great post :happy65:

I think it is pretty classless. But having said that, with all the things you have to worry about losing like that, I would focus on my team and it's problems before I would focus on their lack of class. What goes around comes around and I would work to get to a position to do it to them someday. Competitors just don't have time to whine too much.

So you pull out the ''old go back to school and get your coaching certificate'' solution....classy...... :banghead:

Great post :happy65:

POPS

What it it with you? Do you have a obession and a disdain for every comment I make. It is a free country and I will post what I want to post whether you like it or not? I think Paris posters hate anything Winnsboro and any poster from there.

I have every right to express my opinion whether you like it or not. As far as class you would know nothing about that. Now would you.

End of story!!!!!!1

1. You get into a fight with someone. You take it to him pretty good and hes obviously laying on the ground defeated. Which of the following do you do?

a) help him up, dust his butt off and send him on his way with what dignity he has left

b) stick the dagger in his heart and finish him

c) score another touchdown

1. You get into a fight with someone. You take it to him pretty good and hes obviously laying on the ground defeated. Which of the following do you do?

a) help him up, dust his butt off and send him on his way with what dignity he has left

b) stick the dagger in his heart and finish him

c) score another touchdown

Well, we do know what John Tyler would do...

1st, they would do "C" and score the touchdown...THEN,...possibly "B?"

Actually the girls shcoked me with a "W" last Friday.

http://www.tylerpaper.com/article/20101009...2/-1/SPORTS0533

Of course, the article fails to mention that PT had lost a starting player to injury the previous week. Also, PT's setter fell ill just before game time and was unable to play. (In football terms, this is akin to losing your starting QB and your best all-around athlete who is a 2-way player.) It was still shocking, but congrats to JT for taking advantage of the situation. I am confident that PT will finish ahead of JT in the final standings and will make a deeper playoff run.

As far as the issue of PT vs. JT - Taking all sports into consideration, I expect PT (enrollment 1343) to compete reasonably well against JT (enrollment 2047) in spite of the size discrepancy.

Of course, the article fails to mention that PT had lost a starting player to injury the previous week. Also, PT's setter fell ill just before game time and was unable to play. (In football terms, this is akin to losing your starting QB and your best all-around athlete who is a 2-way player.) It was still shocking, but congrats to JT for taking advantage of the situation. I am confident that PT will finish ahead of JT in the final standings and will make a deeper playoff run.

As far as the issue of PT vs. JT - Taking all sports into consideration, I expect PT (enrollment 1343) to compete reasonably well against JT (enrollment 2047) in spite of the size discrepancy.

We can consider JT's enrollment of 2000+ but we must also consider the majority of JT's athletic programs gets most of it's participants from the second largest student population. JT's largest student population has a large participation number only in soccer.

No the article didn't mention Pine Tree was playing short-handed and hopefully those players get back on the court. With that said, I still say it was a big win for the JT girls to play and win against a top notch program. It will go a long way in giving those younger starters confidence that they can play with and get a "W" against the big girls.