1. 1. Will they be good this year?

• Done
    • Not done
    • Whos the Cowboys?

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you keep the Dallas Cowboys out of your yard?

Put up a goal post. :rofl:

What do you call 47 millionaires sitting around a TV watching the Super Bowl?

The Dallas Cowboys!!!!! :yelp:

:nowhearthis: 'camuchs' Rocks!!! :rofl:

None of the Cowboys have been able to go home. While they were on the road last weekend, someone painted goal lines across their driveways and they can't make it over them.

Ok, that's the last one. I'll let ya'll up - looks like ya'll have had enough!

None of the Cowboys have been able to go home. While they were on the road last weekend, someone painted goal lines across their driveways and they can't make it over them.

Ok, that's the last one. I'll let ya'll up - looks like ya'll have had enough!

No No keep 'em coming, you are hilarious.

Cowboys win the next 6 games and go into Indy 7-4, they got NY, Jax, Green Bay, NY, Det, Saints. From there I think they get beat by Philly there, but beat them at home, beat Wash, and Ariz. to make there record 10-6!! :thumbsup:

Overall, Cowboys chances of making the playoffs are at 5%.

There are several things wrong with the Cowboys.

1. First and foremost is ownership. Jerry will not hire a coach that would require control of the team and these days those are the coaches that are successful.

2. The players aren't held accountable for their mistakes or actions. Jenkins should have had his butt benched after his performance against Tennessee. But he didn't, and guess what he did the same #### (holding) again this week.

3. I guess the Cowboys have an embarrassment of riches, because the coaching staff can't figure out how to make it all click.

4. Romo is a great QB but he is not a leader.

I don't remember who said it earlier in this thread, but I am also disgusted with this team. Jerry Jones should be embarrassed by the team HE has put out there.

There are several things wrong with the Cowboys.

1. First and foremost is ownership. Jerry will not hire a coach that would require control of the team and these days those are the coaches that are successful.

2. The players aren't held accountable for their mistakes or actions. Jenkins should have had his butt benched after his performance against Tennessee. But he didn't, and guess what he did the same #### (holding) again this week.

3. I guess the Cowboys have an embarrassment of riches, because the coaching staff can't figure out how to make it all click.

I don't remember who said it earlier in this thread, but I am also disgusted with this team. Jerry Jones should be embarrassed by the team HE has put out there.

Jerry has a very good team in the Cowboys. You can't control the refs and what they see. Sure the players mess up. Show me a team that doesn't. It's still a small line that separates the wins and losses. I am sure there were consequences for some bad play by different players. Just because YOU don't see things doesn't mean that they are not being punished.

How can you be a great QB and not be a leader. That is an "oxymoron".

Niether is his coach or his armchair/owner/coach/manager/cheerleader/whatever and Jones should be smart enough to realize that if he's going to interfere with the team then he either needs to find a Qb who is a leader or find a supporting cast that can take the place of a leader.

Get the "Rock" Dwayne Johnson out there to smash some heads and then maybe something might get done.....I'm joking of course!

Cowboys have no heart. Not much emotion either. Would love to see someone get fired up/angry at someone when they make a mistake that costs the team.

i actually have to disagree with the heart thing..I have not once felt YET this season that the team has given up or is not trying. We are basically talking about 2-3 plays a game being the difference. and right now they are not doing what they need to on those plays to win, but I dont think heart is a reason why

Cowboys have no heart. Not much emotion either. Would love to see someone get fired up/angry at someone when they make a mistake that costs the team.

That only works in high school, and a little in college. Someone does that on the sidelines in NFL game and there would be a fight break out. Too much pride in professional sports. And besides that which player on the Cowboys has the credibility to do that this year right now? They have all stunk at some point during this season.

Sorry, but these guys get paid big bucks to play a game. The fans pay a premium price to see games live. To go out and make stupid mistakes that cost the team a victory, or whatever, and not get upset by it....well, I just don't get it. I know not every one is perfect, and these days they are not going to go out and win every game. But it would be nice to see some emotion from someone. And I don't mean the kind of emotion that causes someone to go jump over somebody to celebrate a TD. To me that's just an attention getter - some face time on TV.

i actually have to disagree with the heart thing..I have not once felt YET this season that the team has given up or is not trying. We are basically talking about 2-3 plays a game being the difference. and right now they are not doing what they need to on those plays to win, but I dont think heart is a reason why

I agree, Broadcaster, that they have never given up. But you've heard the old story about the golfer that hit an 8 iron to clear the water and didn't make it? And he kept hitting an 8 iron OVER AND OVER because he knew it was the right club? Until he finally pulled the 7 and smoothed it right on the green? No matter how much heart and how much talent you have, you can't do anything with a hard head (in this case a bunch of hardheads)!

How can you be a great QB and not be a leader. That is an "oxymoron".

Romo has all the ability and talent, but that's where it ends. Aikman had that and leadership skills.

Maybe it's attitude or desire. I don't know. Lets just say he doesn't have that spark. But if you put Aikman's mind in Romo's body you would probably have a QB that would end his career as heralded as any QB in league history.

I like what was said in a DMN chat about Romo and Aikman

I don't think there's any shame in not having the leadership Aikman did. I mean, the dude's a Hall of Fame player. That's like saying Romo isn't as good as Aikman. He's not, but there's no shame in being something less than a Hall of Fame player.

And I agree..Romo is not Aikman for good and bad..so why compare him to a HOF?

I do know this..in 5 years of being a starter(( 4 full time from get go) Romo has 9 4th Q come backs and 10 game winning drives in the 4th Q

Aikman in his years of being a QB?..16 4th Q comebacks and 22 game winning drives in 10 years

Leadedrship is defined in the moment, when the team is down and need plays being made..Romo has shown he can and does do that..does he fail at times? of course..but so did Staubach and Elway who are the kings of the comeback