• Rangers in 4
    • Rangers in 5
    • Rangers in 6
    • Rangers in 7
    • Yankees in 4
    • Yankees in 5
    • Yankees in 6
    • Yankees in 7

Nothing to do with the players...just the history. It does, as they say, tend to repeat itself. Not to mention the huge amount of playoff experience them yanks have over the good guys.

I didn't know that history and experience could step on the field and pitch no-hitters. The game is played one pitch at a time and the hitters have absolutely no idea when the pitch is coming whether or not Babe Ruth could hit that pitch.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll agree with you on the numbers Slinky. I just rewound his at bats a few times during the last game in Tampa and he kept grimacing and grabing up by his ribs after a swing. Hopefully the grimace on his face was chewing tobacco and the grabing of the ribs was that uncomfortable girdle they are making him wear to support the ribs.

It is my personal opinion the Yankees are the better team. It is also my personal opinion that the Yankees are in a better position to win this series, giving the pitching order and the Yankees' overall experience in the postseason.

How's that?

Ranger wins - 1 at home, 2 away, 1 at home. These aren't your previous Rangers who couldn't get by the Pin Striped Bombers. :yelp:

This series needs to start as soon as possible because the "this stat shows" and "that stat shows" that comparisons are simply adding to the overhyped analysis of this series.

Like I have said before this series is going to come down to key hits and pitching by the names that you don't look to for the bigtime starmaking gamebreakers..................................Larry Sherry, Al Weis, Gene Tenace, Dick Green, Billy Hatcher, Joe Page and Bill Mazeroski-types will surface and from this day forward live in lore of what is the greatest game on the planet.....BASEBALL, Ray, baseball !!!

That could be the most insane thing I've ever heard.

Well then you don't hear much.

CJ + Lee > CC + Hughes

The only thing you should be happy about is that Hughes is going against Lewis.

(if you can state your opinion as fact, so can I)

I can hear it now SJL:

Bottom of the ninth. Yankees up by one with the greatest closer of all time on the mound. Rangers have 2 outs with a man on 1st. Jeff Francouer is coming to the plate to pinch hit to try and bring the 1st American League Championship to a hungry Texas franchise.

Rivera looks at 1st and delivers his famous cutter to the plate. Francouer swings, and it's a long fly ball to right field! Swisher goes back to the track and looks up. The ball falls 10 rows deep in the right field seats and the Rangers and the Fans go crazy!! Francouer rounds 3rd and is going to be mobbed at the plate.................................

but look who was on the hill for the yankees in the four games we beat them a.j. twice (who is terrible) volquez and moseley we wont be seeing either one of those guys and as far as a.j. goes we might not see him either if c.c. decides to go on three days rest i think as ranger fans we are getting the wagon before the horse...and cliff only goes twice if we go to a game seven which really kills us...the crucial game is game one if we get to c.c. i think they are in big big trouble and cliff has to pitch against andy in yankee stadium by no means is that a small task....just hope the rangers stay level headed and play smart baseball

but look who was on the hill for the yankees in the four games we beat them a.j. twice (who is terrible) volquez and moseley we wont be seeing either one of those guys and as far as a.j. goes we might not see him either if c.c. decides to go on three days rest i think as ranger fans we are getting the wagon before the horse...and cliff only goes twice if we go to a game seven which really kills us...the crucial game is game one if we get to c.c. i think they are in big big trouble and cliff has to pitch against andy in yankee stadium by no means is that a small task....just hope the rangers stay level headed and play smart baseball

Price is better than all the Yankee aces. We beat him twice. I ain't scared.

You would take Price over Sabathia? Cant say I agree with that

CC has to try to catch his breath between pitches. If this were a pie eating contest, I'd take CC or Joba "the Hut" Chamberlain. Since this is a sport full of athletes, I'll take the athletic one with the better numbers on the team that beat the Yankees out for the Eastern championship.

I didn't know that history and experience could step on the field and pitch no-hitters. The game is played one pitch at a time and the hitters have absolutely no idea when the pitch is coming whether or not Babe Ruth could hit that pitch.

Huh...I never thought of it like that. :getlost:

History means nothing. Don't look back. Yanks are terrible and have no shot. Good guys WIN!

It is my personal opinion the Yankees are the better team. It is also my personal opinion that the Yankees are in a better position to win this series, giving the pitching order and the Yankees' overall experience in the postseason.

How's that?

It is my personal opinion that the Rangers are the better team. It is also my personal opinion that the Rangers are in a better position to win this series, given the overall starting pitching (and bullpen) and the Rangers' overall higher character.

How's that?

It never ends up like you had initially dreamed or want it to anyway.

THIS

My prediction goes something like this:

The first team to win four games will advance to the World Series ;)

Elvis is quietly becoming the best SS in all of baseball

I am planning upon chanting, "ELVIS IS BETTER", every time Pretty Boy Jeter climbs into the batter’s box ;)

Here we go..........

2010 ALCS Game 1

6603.jpg7571.jpg

CC Sabathia (21-7, 3.18)

vs.

C.J. Wilson (15-8, 3.38)

7:07pm TBS

C’mon ... you guys can miss one of your precious Friday night hy skewl futbawl games, can't you? :whome: