Death at the LE vs. PG game

Topcat

Son I understand you are angry and maybe rightfully so. But do not let anger and bitterness get in your heart. It will not bring back what you have lost. God does things in his own time. He had a purpose for your Dad. I believe this to be true. Take care of your family, make him proud because you will see him again one day. Its not a promise you have assurance!!!!!

I will keep you in my prayers!

Your post sounds like administrative damage control. There were a lot of cars parked across the street and a lot of people know if they were directed there or not. The truth is the truth no matter how ugly it may be.

I coached with Carl when our boys played on the same flag football team in elementary school. He was a class act and that is the way he raised his children. He was very proud of his son and I think he is proud of the way he is conducting himself now. I can only hope my son will do as well when it is my time go.

This is a terrible accident,, don't know if it could have been avoided,,but if anything or anyone is at fault,,hopefully it is all made right,, It will not bring your dad back,, but it may help give your family cloesure,,God bless you, and your family, this is something you never get over,, but it will get better,, keep your faith!

There are so many words that come to me that I wish I could type or say to console this family. I believe in Jesus Christ and believe he will send you an angle to look over you, your sister and the many loved ones that have been left behind. Please and I beg you please let those around you give you love and care. Anger, hurt, and deceptiveness will all hit you at times when it is the least expected. I would like to share a story of a young man not long ago who lost his father with no indications it was coming as well.

The young man I am speaking of is Will Allen of Arp Tx. Will much like many kids from our community he was involved with as many extra activities as he could be involved in. He was our QB of the Arp Tigers. A young man that was involved in the Arp community from the time he was a young child. Always showing up to work with youth kids even when he was a kid lol...and being a face that was just simply someone that we all wished our young men would be. His father and family were very proud and couldn't tell you enough what he meant to them. In 2007 Will's father unexpectingly passed away just a few days before Arp was to face Harelton in the area playoffs. The entire community rallied around this young man along with friends and team mates. I must say it still brings heavy tears to my eyes just thinking about yours and his situation. As the week went on and things took its place in life word got around that Will wanted to play Football for his father that friday night just simply because he knew that is what his father would have asked him to do. Will was a pocket QB and a very good passer but just not known for being a runner. With all the distractions that had went on we felt our team might not win but was honored by our QB's heart to do what he really felt was right.

The game started much like most but with talks of sadness throughout the stands and talks of how hard it must have been for our beloved Will to come out and play. We got the ball first and started our drive on the 10. We worked our way up to the 35 and was faced with a 3rd and long the best I remember. Then that's when it happened, it was like everyone had stopped and took a breath at one time and we knew it was coming. Will who always gives up the pitch to his talented RB's kept it and junked one player, then the next and another, working from one side to the other breaking through 4 sure tackles and juking another until he found day light and it was like an angel took him home as he ran 65 yards for the first score. Everyone even on the vistors side was standing and clapping knew that one was for BJ his father and him.

Top cat the reason I told you this story is this young man has took what his father told him and that was be the best you can be on and off the field and let the lord lead you through your many journey's good and bad. I hope you take this as motivation and grow up to make a old man happy and be all you can be and the absolute best you can be.

God Bless you.

jj

Your post sounds like administrative damage control. There were a lot of cars parked across the street and a lot of people know if they were directed there or not. The truth is the truth no matter how ugly it may be.

I coached with Carl when our boys played on the same flag football team in elementary school. He was a class act and that is the way he raised his children. He was very proud of his son and I think he is proud of the way he is conducting himself now. I can only hope my son will do as well when it is my time go.

I have no dog in this fight. I am from Lufkin and those were just words God laid on my heart to say to him. If there was a crime committed then surely justice will be done! But no matter what is done the demon of bitterness will destroy you if you let it. I hope there is peace for them and God wraps his arms around the family. I do not know all the facts but I have lost someone close to me in a similiar incident. I know what they are going thru and I know whats in their minds and hearts. I wasted several years and ruined a relationship because of my bitterness. I pray for them to find peace.

• 10 months later...

In today's Texarkana Gazette is reported that Charles Edwin Hill was found guilty of intoxication manslaughter, and was fined $10,000. The article also mentions intoxicated assault 10 years, but recommended probated.

His blood alcohol level was .08%

These are the facts as reported.

I personally have a hard time dealing with the unfairness of it all.

It cannot bring Carl back, nor calm the emptiness of the family.

God will ensure justice in the end.

We miss you , TOPCAT.

In today's Texarkana Gazette is reported that Charles Edwin Hill was found guilty of intoxication manslaughter, and was fined $10,000. The article also mentions intoxicated assault 10 years, but recommended probated.

His blood alcohol level was .08%

These are the facts as reported.

I personally have a hard time dealing with the unfairness of it all.

People don't want this sort of crime punished severely. They all think "there but for the grace of God", remembering some time back in their college days when they drove somewhere blitzed out of their mind and just got lucky not to hit someone. No spine for it.

People don't want this sort of crime punished severely. They all think "there but for the grace of God", remembering some time back in their college days when they drove somewhere blitzed out of their mind and just got lucky not to hit someone. No spine for it.

You are correct. It shouldn't take a drunk killing someone to get severe punishment. 1st offense DUI should result in a 1-year loss of the privilege to drive. That would get the attention of all of the "I can handle my liquor" guys. May God bless this family.

• 4 months later...

This is Carl's (Topcat) son. Me and my sister are both doing fine. She made a full recovery and though we both still have the horrible memories of that night we also have the wonderful memories of our father. Thanks to all of u for all of ur support. My sister is now halfway through her freshman yr in the LE marching band and doing very well in school and life. I recently graduated basic training and ait for the Army Reserves on December 16 and started college at East Texas Baptist University in Marshall, TX on January 9th. Thanks again for all your support and prayers.

• Like 1

This is Carl's (Topcat) son. Me and my sister are both doing fine. She made a full recovery and though we both still have the horrible memories of that night we also have the wonderful memories of our father. Thanks to all of u for all of ur support. My sister is now halfway through her freshman yr in the LE marching band and doing very well in school and life. I recently graduated basic training and ait for the Army Reserves on December 16 and started college at East Texas Baptist University in Marshall, TX on January 9th. Thanks again for all your support and prayers.

Good to hear about you and your sister. All of LE misses Carl tremendously. I know that he is watching over you both and is very proud of the man you are growing up to be and choosing to serve our country with pride, bravery, and honor; and of the young lady that your sister is becoming. BTW we saw Donnie this past saturday at my son's basketball game and later heard from some that he had been admitted to the hospital... Is this true and if so, how is he doing?

Best of luck on your endeavours and God bless from your LE family!!

Good to hear about you and your sister. All of LE misses Carl tremendously. I know that he is watching over you both and is very proud of the man you are growing up to be and choosing to serve our country with pride, bravery, and honor; and of the young lady that your sister is becoming. BTW we saw Donnie this past saturday at my son's basketball game and later heard from some that he had been admitted to the hospital... Is this true and if so, how is he doing?

Best of luck on your endeavours and God bless from your LE family!!

Yes donnie was put in the hospital for high blood pressure. I believe it was more of a precautionary measure. Everything checked out fine he was released and is doing fine,

I am glad to hear you are both healing physically and emotionally. Your choice of service is commendable, thanks for giving to your country.

I continue to think of Carl every time I pass the school, I cannot shake the memory, either.

May God grant you comfort and closure, and the spirit of your Father be ever present with you.