Pine Tree looking for new baseball coach ... again

eagles66

Ok... thanks.

I would assume that you are a coach.... if you are, it sure seems like a very unprofessional thing to come on an anonymous board and try to stir up problems in or about another guys program. I hear 1000 rumors a week, and not once have you seen me spreading them on Smoaky.

God I hope you aren't a coach.

In order not to look like i was spreading rumors, I changed my original post. I hope the Pirates get a quality guy in their for the kids' sake. Whatever is going on with the old coach, I wish him luck.

COach Tobin Reid is a Gus Harmon disciple and would really do a good job there at PT....If he will not do it then I am sure someone could get Coach Dowdle out of the gym for some hum-babe.

Better yet, how about the trainer Jody Berryhill? All he does is tape and swing golf clubs so he could be a natural baseball coach.

I thought he went to Cushing or James Bowie....somewhere? I din't know he retired.

I know he isn't at Cushing. That is in my neck of the woods. My son played baseball for Coach Robey's son this summer and Pat never mentioned his dad taking another job just that he was retiring. Of course, things change and Coach Robey may have ended up somewhere that I am unaware of.

I know he isn't at Cushing. That is in my neck of the woods. My son played baseball for Coach Robey's son this summer and Pat never mentioned his dad taking another job just that he was retiring. Of course, things change and Coach Robey may have ended up somewhere that I am unaware of.

Coach Robey that was at Longview HS as far as I know is available and would be a great fit for the Pine Tree job and has a proven track record . It was his brother from Whitehouse that went to Cushing

A guy I know over in PT says the new coach who just retired got quite a "welcome" from the baseball experts...that is, dads....in the baseball booster club. When I heard the coach was leaving, I wondered if this had something to do with his decision. PT's new coach better be ready to let the booster club manage his team, or be ready to put the booster club in its rightful place and get down to the business of coaching. My cousin says there are about 20 future Derek Jeters in PT from 7th to 12th grade. And if you don't believe it, just ask their dads!

JOE KOESEL!

His predecessor at Harmony after he left, Blackstone would have been a GREAT fit but he wants more time with his family which says alot about his character as a person as far as thats concerned, at the least. If they could find a way to lure him away from what he's currently doing, he would be really good for the kids as well!

A guy I know over in PT says the new coach who just retired got quite a "welcome" from the baseball experts...that is, dads....in the baseball booster club. When I heard the coach was leaving, I wondered if this had something to do with his decision. PT's new coach better be ready to let the booster club manage his team, or be ready to put the booster club in its rightful place and get down to the business of coaching. My cousin says there are about 20 future Derek Jeters in PT from 7th to 12th grade. And if you don't believe it, just ask their dads!

Well, a guy I know and HIS cousin say this type of behavior is very common. :)

This issue isn't unique to Pine Tree. No doubt most teams in most school districts are loaded with "future superstars". Any coach, anywhere must be prepared to deal with such attitudes.