The Official Cliff Lee Thread

FriscoFan

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ESPN says the Rangers are on the verge of making an offer to Lee............maybe today. Hold you breath and see how this goes. Still would have to wait on the Yankee offer that would be coming soon after once they see what the Rangers do.

Need a few verses of the Kenny Rogers hit, remember "you got to know when to hold em', know when to fold em', know when to walk away, know when to run..............never count your money before the dealin's done".

I still like the verse that goes something like this........"Let's go Rangers !"

Have seen reports that the Rangers are asking the Royals about Zack Grienke? Has 2 years left on his contract, young (27) and a former Cy Young winner. Has had issues in the past with social disorders. Would the asking price of a Martin Perez or Tanner Schepper, a big league arm or 2 ( Derek Holland?) and more prospects be worth it?

What about this? To replace Lee, they promote from within. Neftali Feliz, Alexi Ogando, Scott Feldman could make the rotation. Feliz moving up would leave a hole at closer that IDK Franky can fill.

Evan Grant has this scenario. http://rangersblog.dallasnews.com/archives...will-someb.html

Here's the bet: The Rangers will let Lee walk, opting not to play a salary in the $20-23 million range. They will instead bite down hard on Kansas City's Zack Greinke. He will end up in Texas for a package of Martin Perez, Engel Belre, Luis Sardinas and one more minor league prospect yet to be determined.

The Yankees will end up with Lee. The Rangers will use the money saved to add a better hitting option such as Carl Crawford or Paul Konerko

I just can't help but think of the Barry Zito deal when that much money and years are offered to a 32 year old pitcher. The Yankees could survive such a bust much better than the Rangers could. With Lee having a back problem as recently as last season, it would be a big gamble for the Rangers to match an offer by the Yankees.

If I'm Cliff Lee, I would try to stay with the Texas Rangers. Going to the New York Yankees is a bad idea. After hearing about how the Yankee fans treated his wife, I would tell the Yankees to go kiss my ###. There ain't no price you can put on that situation, and plus, if he does consider an offer from NY, it would be a slap in the face of his wife.

Have seen reports that the Rangers are asking the Royals about Zack Grienke? Has 2 years left on his contract, young (27) and a former Cy Young winner. Has had issues in the past with social disorders. Would the asking price of a Martin Perez or Tanner Schepper, a big league arm or 2 ( Derek Holland?) and more prospects be worth it?

What about this? To replace Lee, they promote from within. Neftali Feliz, Alexi Ogando, Scott Feldman could make the rotation. Feliz moving up would leave a hole at closer that IDK Franky can fill.

Absolutely you do it! He's a Cy Young award winner. Ogando and Feliz will remain in the bullpen (Rangers already disscused this, and said thats where they fit best). Its ALOT of young talent to give up, but Grienke is a proven winner. I honestly think even if they DO get Lee back, they still go after Grienke. They also feel like the Royals demands will slowly dwindle. We'll see....

No way will the Rangers out bid the Yankees, especially since the RedSox picked up Crawford. The only chance we got is if Cliff Lee is willing to take a lesser deal to play in Texas.

Otherwise, pick up Pettitte and go get Greinke.

Greinke

Wilson

Lewis

Pettitte

Hunter

I think pretty dang good.