The Official Cliff Lee Thread

FriscoFan

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well source let me down- thought it would come out by now, sorry. I will tell later when it is official. My bad guys.

It was my fault......I was messing with Rattler because I knew he was waiting for Lee to make a decision.

I never knew he would go post it on smoaky though.....LOL

I don't know about you guys but I am tired of waiting for his decision. I do believe though not hearing is a good thing for the Ranger fans!

This worked out okay for the Rangers. At least the Yankees didn't get Lee, the Rangers demonstrated to their fans that they made a strong effort to get him, and they won't tie up 150 million dollars on a guy who had a 6-9 record for them and would be almost 40 years old by the time his contract would have been up. Now the Rangers can use the money they didn't spend on Lee to improve their team, and won't have to face Lee unless it will be in inter-league play or the World Series (where the Giants proved that he could be beaten).

This worked out okay for the Rangers. At least the Yankees didn't get Lee, the Rangers demonstrated to their fans that they made a strong effort to get him, and they won't tie up 150 million dollars on a guy who had a 6-9 record for them and would be almost 40 years old by the time his contract would have been up. Now the Rangers can use the money they didn't spend on Lee to improve their team, and won't have to face Lee unless it will be in inter-league play or the World Series (where the Giants proved that he could be beaten).

Problem is for this year..not alot left to spend the money on unless something HUGE out of nowhere comes up