The Official Cliff Lee Thread

FriscoFan

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i had heard rumors about his son being sick and philly had one of the best centers in the u.s. for treatment. has anyone else heard this?

The day it was announced he was going to the Phils, ESPN radio said his son, who has leukemia, was in a hospital in Philly at the time. My understanding is the doctor and hospital that treats his son are both in Philly. If this is accurate, it is easy to see the added bonus of the signing.

It wasn't necessary for Lee to drag out the negotiations as long as he did, knowing he was willing to pitch for fewer years and less money with the Phillies. He wanted the big numbers he was being offered to be publicized to feed his ego. After those figures got around for long enough, then he makes a decision that "wasn't just based on dollars", making him a hero for not letting the most money offered influence his decision. I don't believe that his intentions or actions were as noble as some people are trying to make them out to be.

I agree, and I think he really didn't want to be the focal point of the rotation. Let him hide behind the Roys. I do think his leadership could've made our rotation better.

It wasn't necessary for Lee to drag out the negotiations as long as he did, knowing he was willing to pitch for fewer years and less money with the Phillies. He wanted the big numbers he was being offered to be publicized to feed his ego. After those figures got around for long enough, then he makes a decision that "wasn't just based on dollars", making him a hero for not letting the most money offered influence his decision. I don't believe that his intentions or actions were as noble as some people are trying to make them out to be.

I agree, and I think he really didn't want to be the focal point of the rotation. Let him hide behind the Roys. I do think his leadership could've made our rotation better.

"We wanted to take the risk," Daniels said. "We felt it was a smart gamble. We're disappointed we don't have the player. Maybe down the road we'll look at this differently, but I don't want to paint this with that brush. I don't want to pretend we're happy or relieved. We wanted to sign the player."

The Rangers wouldn't give him 7 years. He doesn't need to feed his ego. Not being a MLB player I really don't understand why one more year would make that big of deal from the 6th. I really think he was torn, and did want to stay a Ranger

The day it was announced he was going to the Phils, ESPN radio said his son, who has leukemia, was in a hospital in Philly at the time. My understanding is the doctor and hospital that treats his son are both in Philly. If this is accurate, it is easy to see the added bonus of the signing.

If this is true forgive me for saying "he jerked the Rangers chain".

Family is more important than ANYTHING else.