• Giants in 4
    • Giants in 5
    • Giants in 6
    • Giants in 7

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ditto that. The Cove will soon be owned by Hamilton. I like the way "Hamilton Bay" sounds.

Yeah....kinda catchy. I think over-all, even though the Giants won the series, the Phillies are a more dangerous team than the Giants. Philly has a much better pitching staff(starter wise). With the way the Rangers are hitting, I think they're gonna open up an assault on the Giants pitchers. If Lee gets that first win against Lincecum...it's gonna create some big momentum and put the Giants in big trouble.

I wanted the Phillies bad. As the old saying goes "to be the best you have to beat the best" and I do believe that the Phillies were the best. With that being said I have watched the Giants a few times this season and by no means do the Rangers have an easy road. Their starting pitching is dominant their number 1 (Lincecum) as much as i hate to say it could be just as good if not better than our number 1. Although no doubt about it our line up is far and beyond better than theirs my prediction is rangers in 6.

Does anyone know how the boys in Vegas are gonna predict this series?

All you have to do is get the Dallas Morning News sports section in today's sports page and open in to the middle of page 2 and look where it says "Today's Line" and it will give you the Vegas line as posted by Michael Roxborough.

im sure the giants will be favorite after the knocked of the Phils

I'm not so sure about that. The Rangers batting lineup has been the hottest out of all the teams that made the post season.

Our starting pitchers are a touch above theirs. Lee, Wilson, Lewis, Hunter....with big Feliz as the closer and a pretty good bullpen to stick your hand in when you need it. Though, Lincecum is very tough. But if we can put 3 runs on the board I think Lee can get the win. A little bit of run support for Lee is usually enough.

Andrus and Cruz are on fire. Hamilton is always dangerous. Young is an anchor player in a very impressive infield. I dont think big G will be a huge factor in the series though. He wont get a whole lot of at bats being that we'll start in the national league park.

I say Rangers in 6....though winning in 4 or 5 would be ideal, lol. I'd love to see them get to celebrate infront of their own fans....much more enjoyable.

To be the best you have to beat the best Chosen1? Last time I checked you just had to win the WS to be considered the best. By no means is Philly a better team this year than the Rangers are. San Fran beat Philly.... tip your cap, they did their job and the Phillies big guns didnt show up to play. So. San Fran is the better team this year on the field in the NL just like the Rangers are the best in the AL. I do feel sorry for the Giants pitching staff though. Right now I dont think it really matters who you throw out there against the Rangers. Even though I would love to see a good series, I think the Rangers make only one trip to San Fran and wrap this up in game 5 at home.

I really don't see how the Giants can hang with the Rangers...but its baseball and anything can happen.

Game 1 will tell us a lot about this series...if the Rangers knock Lincecum around then this could be over quick.

Although if Lee finally has a let down that all the experts predict then that could give the Giants a ton of confidence.

I chose the Ranger's in 5. I was hoping for San Francisco as well. Lincecum is a solid ace, but he's NOT better than Cliff Lee. Lincecum actually struggled in the series against Philly. After him, there isn't anyone that I think is better than CJ Wilson, Colby Lewis or Tommy Hunter. Their lineup isnt that scary either. Top to bottom, the Rangers lineup has been far more impressive. The fact that Vlad Guerrero has to play in the outfield while in SF, could be a minor problem, but Im sure the braintrust will figure how to get him into the game.

I'm thinking Rangers in 5, but I'm going to shock most of you and say that Rangers/Lee lose game 1, then come back and win 4 in a row. Here is my theory, and it absolutely matters none but its fun. Giants hitters are more of a contact station to station type club, which to me I think hurts Lee a little bit. Lee is great and getting the big swingers out by attacking different parts of the zone which gets power hitters out because there approach is look for a pitch to drive, rarely do you see a power hitter hit the ball where it's pitched, when you do they win batting titles, HAMILTON. Contact hitters just look for something to reach and hit the ball where it is pitched, like the Giants. I look for him to give up a few hits and runs in Game 1, but I think the Giants approach works to our advantage with Wilson, Hunter, and Lewis. They win games 2,3, & 4, Lee comes back wins game 5 because you wont get him twice. :thumbsup: Ok there ya go, you dont even have to watch it, just told you what was going to happen....your welcome! Go Rangers!!!

I want the Rangers to win and win big, but I don't take SF lightly. They are so much like the Rangers it's scary. They even have their own version of Josh in Cody Ross. A guy that gives 110% every play and can hurt you in a lot of ways.

This is going to be tougher than the Yankee series in my opinion.