• Giants in 4
    • Giants in 5
    • Giants in 6
    • Giants in 7

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the Rangers got the first game jitters out of the way. Couple of pitches here and there, a few less errors and the Rangers would be one up. Rangers in 6.

On the Dallas sports talk stations guys were analyzing Lee after his double last night. "Not giving the Claw means he hates his team and wants out." Puhleeze!

Is it just me or is it kinda fitting that San Fran would make the beard their go to thing for the playoffs?

I fully expect CJ to be on his game tonight after being roughed up in his last start in New York.

Lee could not locate his pitches and any team would have hit him last night.

The Rangers didn't strike out that much at all last night...which means they were hitting the ball just not getting base hits. Thats a great sign!

We all know the Rangers can hit and score runs but was last night a fluke for the Giants or is that who they really are?

This is a neutralizing ballpark for the Rangers lefties. You just cant hammer the ball out to right with the wind pushing everything back into the field. Anything hit up from right center to right is an out. This is why it hurts not having Vlads bat in the lineup. We need for Nelly to get something going here in the 9th.

Well, if pitching and defense gets you wins in the postseason, its no wonder we are headed to a 2-0 deficit. At some point you just have to throw strikes. Let the hitter hit. If he goes yard (especially in this park) then tip your hat. Otherwise, let your defense make plays.

Our pitching was really not the problem tonight, it was the inability to manufacture any runs. Leadoff double nothing, 2nd and 3rd 1 out nothing. Not a very good night at all at the plate. I didnt think Cain had ridiculous stuff like Joe Buck was praising him for, he just threw alot of strikes. CJ did well though. Got to win 3 at home to have any chance, heck just win one for crying out loud. Sweeps are embarrassing, right Astro fans?

What happened to the Giants team that went a couple of months between scoring 6 runs in a game. Now, in two games of the World Series, they've scored 6 runs in one inning in the 1st and 7 runs in one inning in the 2nd.

20 runs in two games for the Giants????????? The Rangers' bullpen looks like they have the "deer in the headlights" look.

They've GOT TO SWEEP in Arlington. Got to.

It was'nt ONLY pitching. This was a total TEAM collapse. No hitting, no defense and horrid relieve pitching. Not sure if anyone watched ESPN afterwards, but they ROASTED the Rangers, lol. Not only did they mention the above 3, but they added outcoached as well. Total embarasement basically. I'm a fan, but they havent shown me anything to prove they can avoid getting swept. Maybe all they need is to get back home, I dunno. I'm totallt discusted and disappointed. SF is showing they the better team, but I KNOW they arent. Better pitching? By FAR, but there is no reason THAT team should be scoring 10 runs per game. TX needs to get their head out or they will be done in 4. I'm gonna say they sweep in TX, but not very confident about it. They lose game 3, its OVER.

..........I am going to wake up later today to the realization that the bottom of the 8th was all just a bad dream, right ??? :wacko:

^ Yeah you just caught a wiff of what they were smoking in centerfield.lol

Was Ogando unavailable last night? He shut down the Giants Wednesday night. Holland is a long reliever, I dont he can handle the pressure of coming into the situation and just getting one out. And then to top things off you bring in Lowe, who pitched terrible the night before, to finish things off. Disgusting. Feliz could have came in and pitched 2 innings. After all the offense the Giants have shown I'm looking for the Rangers to come back and win game 3 1-0.

Things are going to be good back at the friendlly confines of the beautiful Ballpark in Arlington. The Good Guys are going to step back, catch their breath, regroup, and take at least two of three, if not sweep. After all, if this amazing team has taught us anything here in 2010, it's to never give up on them. They are incredibly resilient. Although I thought the bullpen was terribly mismanaged last night, things are going to be fine.

Go get 'em Saturday evening, Colby!