Best teams in 1a

wstiger

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok... we will see cuz we will play them in the second round

First of all you dont know what place you are going to be in. HD can come out and slaughter you and WS takes Third. THEN: You have to play your bi district and hope you win that one to even face Garrison.

Take it one game at a time man.

# 4 Ganado is my pick with Jimmy T at the Helm anything could happen he took Garriosn to the ship so who knows....

Class 1A

School Total Points Prv

1. Canadian (23) (10-0) 247 1

2. Albany (9-0) 219 2

3. Springlake-Earth (2) (9-0) 182 3

4. Ganado (8-0) 162 4

5. Falls City (9-1) 124 5

6. Mart (7-2) 109 6

7. Goldthwaite (7-2) 106 7

8. New Deal (8-1) 64 8

9. Garrison (9-0) 58 10

10. Clarendon (8-1) 23

I talked to JT yesterday, they have to get healthy to make a deep run. They lost a fullback for the year and their quarterback and tailback for at least two weeks in their last game. Another problem is they would face Goldthwaite in the Regional Finals. I agree if they are healthy he will have them ready to play.

Gotta go with Canadian. Filled the QB spot with a Junior that has thrown 37 TD's to just 3 picks so far. They are 10-0 for the first time since 2005. They are clicking on all cylinders right now and are down to only one starter that is hurt and he is out for the season. Good Luck to all teams as the regular season winds down and the playoffs begin.

Gotta go with Canadian. Filled the QB spot with a Junior that has thrown 37 TD's to just 3 picks so far. They are 10-0 for the first time since 2005. They are clicking on all cylinders right now and are down to only one starter that is hurt and he is out for the season. Good Luck to all teams as the regular season winds down and the playoffs begin.

is that one starter who is out the runningback??

AALLOOTTT of people seem to think mart is state bound... they are great but, state? there are just to many other schools that are a a quarter of a step better... Although they gotta chance.

mart is going to be mart every year. some things dont change at some schools. talent we have plenty, coaches some of the best in the state and fans some of the best. we are taking it one game at a time. time will tell. canadian is always good. can they be beat ask goldthwaite. can mart be hell yeah. bigtweet throw the rankings out after friday. we will be ready every week.

Clarksville is probably as athletic as any....They could be the sleeper! Played several tough preseason games. They have had plenty of time to cure any injuries they may have had with the district they were in. As long as they don't start looking at the Basketball Polls to quick, the QB(Rosser a great athlete), the 2 - 6'3" or 6'5" recievers, a running back (Hobbs I think) that can flat get it, and with plenty of speed on defense, they could make some serious noise. Oh and the majority of them are Juniors or Sophomores this year. Kinda reminds me of a team from 1A, last year....Cayuga. They find one or 2 more linemen for depth purposes and I think we could seriously see them in the state championship for football as well as basketball.

I agree...I seen them play this year and they have some amazing speed and there will be hard to stop

Yes and if they get the edge it is over, just ask Pewitt. The team that faces them better be prepared on the defensive side or they will be chasing all night. They may be a year away from making big noise, but they will scare alot of the good teams in the playoffs. You are right the coach will really have to hold it together and keep them from looking to basketball, they are not used to this football success.

• 3 weeks later...
As of right now Canadian is the top dog in 1a. (jmo) With Goldthwaite, Mart and Albany right behind.

Looks about right, except I would put Albany second behind Canadian. It's a shame Albany and Canadian have to play in the next round, as I think these are the best four teams in the state. Albany has seemed a little overrated at times this year, but they are the best coached team in 1-A, very opportunistic, and control the clock. Their game against Stratford only took TWO HOURS to play, because both teams ran the ball most of the time. Albany beat Seymour 31-7 last night with only 287 yards of offense.

Albany Lion Football - 37 years of playoffs and counting -www.albanylionfootball.com

clarksville was never one of the best team in 1a. good team in 1a but totally destroyed by the mart panthers from start to finish. the best will be decided on dec. 18. do we will be ready to play anybody anytime. muenster is next on our agenda friday night. good luck to all the teams that are left.