Congratulations Stump Godfrey!

FriscoFan

Tonight, Ex Gilmer Buckeye QB Stump Godfrey made his 1st start at QB for the New Mexico Lobos against Wyoming. Stump led the winless Lobos to a 34-31 victory going 16 for 20 for 211 yds 2TDs, while rushing 23 times for 69 yds and 1 TD. Congratulations Stump!

The scouting report was that he was too short and not a good passer. That's bizarre, because he seemed to me to be very accurate and he seldom threw an interception.

Plus, if the new norm is just to arbitrarily exclude those who are 6'0" or less as being too short, there are going to be a lot of very talented QBs kept from playing at the next level. I've never understood this cutoff level. There've been a LOT of good and great QBs over the years who are no taller than 6'0".

Congratulations to Stump for beginning to prove all those scout-critics who wouldn't give him a shot at QB at this level wrong.

The scouting report was that he was too short and not a good passer. That's bizarre, because he seemed to me to be very accurate and he seldom threw an interception.

Plus, if the new norm is just to arbitrarily exclude those who are 6'0" or less as being too short, there are going to be a lot of very talented QBs kept from playing at the next level. I've never understood this cutoff level. There've been a LOT of good and great QBs over the years who are no taller than 6'0".

If memory serves, there's another 6'0 TX HS QB who was "Too Short, etc.etc,..." to play D1. The TX Schools let him wander off to an out of state program somewhere. I think I heard he did OK in the long run...some guy named BREES?

Congratulations to Stump for beginning to prove all those scout-critics who wouldn't give him a shot at QB at this level wrong.

I know this is about Stump and I congratulate him, but scouts blow it a lot. Big 12 and SEC schools weren't interested in LaMichael James because he was too small