Carthage vs Pleasant Grove

Carthage vs Pleasant Grove  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Who's going to take home the win?

• Carthage
    • Pleasant Grove

i know i'm going to step in it with this statement but i'm going to say it anyways....

Carthage just proved to me beyond a shadow of a doubt that you can shut down the throttle and back off and not HAVE to score 70+ on a team when your dominating them. We played Carthage a couple of years ago and they had a first half like that on us and hit 40 before the end of the 2nd quarter. that was it, end of scoring. they could have hung 90 on us if they'd wanted too.

Coach Surratt is a class act as is Carthage from the players, fans, staff and everybody else involved in the program! :thumbsup:

You are right Rabfan. He was very kind by making substitutions and not running up the score. We really appreciated what he did. He is a great man and coach. Fans and kids were nice too. Good luck Carthage in the playoffs.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You are right Rabfan. He was very kind by making substitutions and not running up the score. We really appreciated what he did. He is a great man and coach. Fans and kids were nice too. Good luck Carthage in the playoffs.

Showed how good Carthage depth is.

Surratt and company dominated, but did not rub it in. There was a fine line skillfully walked.

Our boys played hard the whole time, and did not lay down, but they did not stand aside and allow us freebie stuff.

It may sound weird, but it allowed PG to play with and leave with their pride as much as possible.

Surratt and company dominated, but did not rub it in. There was a fine line skillfully walked.

Our boys played hard the whole time, and did not lay down, but they did not stand aside and allow us freebie stuff.

It may sound weird, but it allowed PG to play with and leave with their pride as much as possible.

:thumbsup: Good job Dawgs!!

i know i'm going to step in it with this statement but i'm going to say it anyways....

Carthage just proved to me beyond a shadow of a doubt that you can shut down the throttle and back off and not HAVE to score 70+ on a team when your dominating them. We played Carthage a couple of years ago and they had a first half like that on us and hit 40 before the end of the 2nd quarter. that was it, end of scoring. they could have hung 90 on us if they'd wanted too.

Coach Surratt is a class act as is Carthage from the players, fans, staff and everybody else involved in the program! :thumbsup:

That is really awesome to read. I'm very proud of our team and have always thought Surratt and his coaching staff have handled winning well and especially handled blowout wins well. The Dawgs are always able to win big without embarrassing the opponent.

A lot of Tatum fans will continue to and will always bring up the playoff game between Tatum and Carthage in 2008 when the Dawgs called a timeout just before half time to score another TD to make it 63-14 at the half. However, it was the playoffs and the first half of said playoff game. You'll remember the final score in that game was 63-20. Surratt could've scored as many points as he'd wanted yet the Dawgs went scoreless in the second half just as they did this past Friday night against Pleasant Grove after having a large half time advantage.

Surratt knows how to win with class, and sometimes he may even call the dogs off a little too early like last year when we were up huge on Caldwell at half time and started the second half with backups only to see Caldwell climb back to within three scores before the starters went back in to make sure the lead and win were safe.

The Caldwell team and fans began to feel they could get back in the game and win, and us Carthage fans began to get a little anxious and nervous. So, that was an example of Surratt desperately not wanting to put too many points on the board in an attempt to keep from disrespecting the opponent and it almost backfired, but ultimately it didn't and everything worked out as he'd wished with the Dawgs getting the victory and the other team and their fans not feeling they'd been taken advantage of.

Thank you for the compliments and kind words. Your admiration for our program and coaches is well appreciated.

Go Dawgs!!

Sounds like the perfect game or perfect execution by the Bulldogs. Win comfortably without humiliating the other team, but still playing hard and not allowing them cheesy scores late yet the opponent goes home with their honor intact.

Flawless.

Let's get ready for Canton!

Sounds like the perfect game or perfect execution by the Bulldogs. Win comfortably without humiliating the other team, but still playing hard and not allowing them cheesy scores late yet the opponent goes home with their honor intact.

Flawless.

Let's get ready for Canton!

As a PG Senior's parent I echo the comments above. Our boys fought hard but were overmatched on talent Friday nght. Cannot say enough about our own coaches who did more this year with less talent than they have had in years. They gave our boys great memories of success. They taught them to never give up and play hard always. They are the best and thanks Coach Davis. We wish Carthage the best of luck the rest of the playoffs and hope you win State. The class you showed last Friday is just one more reason you deserve to win it all, aside from being so talented.

As a PG Senior's parent I echo the comments above. Our boys fought hard but were overmatched on talent Friday nght. Cannot say enough about our own coaches who did more this year with less talent than they have had in years. They gave our boys great memories of success. They taught them to never give up and play hard always. They are the best and thanks Coach Davis. We wish Carthage the best of luck the rest of the playoffs and hope you win State. The class you showed last Friday is just one more reason you deserve to win it all, aside from being so talented.

Thank you PGfootballfan, and best of luck to your young men this off-season and next year.