Waterfowlers

fiftysix

• 2 weeks later...

It has sucked. Even the gadwalls have been skittish when coming into the decoys. I hunted a lake this past weekend and saw about 10 groups of snows fly over. I am afraid the migration is going to hit in full force during the split. I have other friends that have limited out but we have only shot a few ducks each time we go out. Had some hollywoods land in the decoys last weekend but nobody wanted to shoot them.

Skeeter are y'all using a big decoy spread? How many mojos? Any jerk lines or any other type of decoys? Like a pulsator?

We have used huge spreads and small spreads, jerk lines, and up to three mojos. Nothing is working. We will have a few groups of teal come in early and a few gadwalls come in but they aren't liking what they see for some reason.

Skeeter are y'all using a big decoy spread? How many mojos? Any jerk lines or any other type of decoys? Like a pulsator?

We have used huge spreads and small spreads, jerk lines, and up to three mojos. Nothing is working. We will have a few groups of teal come in early and a few gadwalls come in but they aren't liking what they see for some reason.

We've been using about a dozen decoys, 2 mojos, and a jerk line. We've been hunting timber mostly, we are lucky this hole still has water in it, most of them are dry. We got 13 out of it Friday, 11 mallards and 2 woodies. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...