Mesquite Poteet 24 Whitehouse 19 (Final)

HouTex

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that the playoffs are winding down, it seems that (other than 2a) East Texas football was down this year(compared to the rest of the state). John Tyler will be a threat, but don't see them beating Aledo or Lake Travis if they were to play. Did Aledo and Lake Travis go D1? Don't know who Longview plays down the road, but don't see them winning much more. Carthage,Henderson and Gilmer should go deep, until one of them runs into Brownsville. Tatum and D'field are top dogs in 2a, but that was to be expected. Don't know much about East Texas 1a. I predict next year we will see more East Texas teams going into the further rounds. Most of the traditional powers were very young this year.

LT is not as good as you think. JT can beat any one of those teams on any Friday Night or Saturday evening. Will they win the State Championship or even make it to the ship, don't know yet. They have to get by Newman Smith first. Their is not one team that is guaranteed to make it that far. You have to play one game at a time. So as far as talking about State Championships I'm quite sure JT don't want to be included in that conversation until they actually make it that far. Then they'll talk who can beat who.

Okay, I was at the game last night and here are my thoughts..

First of all, I enjoyed watching a Texas High School football game. It was a good game until the last few minutes. I think that Lindale came out with a great gameplan in the first half. Lindale executed and was running and passing fairly easy in the 1st half. At halftime, Henderson made the necessary adjustments and it seemed as Lindale made no adjustments. Henderson came out in the second half and just completely dominated Lindale. Henderson scored 29 unanswered points and played a better 2nd half than Lindale. For some reason, Lindale came out completely flat out of halftime and never got going. Way too many turnovers in the 2nd half. All in all it was a good game. Good job Lindale, y'all had a good season, and Henderson, keep it up. I'll be cheering.

WHITEHOUSE=ALL HYPE..... ENOUGH SAID!!!! Quit complaining about the refs, you guys got outplayed by a team who is not as good as yall.....Basketball seaon is upon whitehouse lol

Whitehouse had a GOOD season. Nothing GREAT! #17 was fun to watch, just like many of the other very talented seniors they had. This was a group of seniors that had lost very few games through the years. Bottom line is that Whitehouse can never put together a true championship calliber team. They have always seemed to be good on offense. They have typically been ###### poor on defense. They have been terrible on special teams. Well, offense was typical this year, defense was finally better, and special teams still looked horrible. Now all this talent is gone. Until you get good all three phases you are only a good team with talent. Now what? Offense will still be ok, defense will be bad again, and special teams will be worse. Can they find a way to make special teams better? It is sad to watch. Hopefully they can break things down to make next years group a well rounded team. Talent will be average, so it is going to take some serious coaching.

WHITEHOUSE=ALL HYPE..... ENOUGH SAID!!!! Quit complaining about the refs, you guys got outplayed by a team who is not as good as yall.....Basketball seaon is upon whitehouse lol

Just curious, if a team that is ALL HYPE beats another team silly 42-6, what does that make the other team?

By the way, were you at the game, bro?

I knew it was Brownwood.lol.. no really I did know. I was very sleepy and Brownsville didn't sound right. I am rooting for all of east texas, but most teams that are still in it are young. Doesn't mean they can't pull an upset. I forgot about Chap Hill. They are right there at the top. JT and Longview are both young this year, but I hope they can pull out the big wins. Carthage is on a roll, I just don't see them beating Brownwood. I hope they can prove me wrong. As I don't care for Brownsvillewood.

The outcome of this game completely suprises me. Whitehouse should have had an easy route to the 3rd round, before they had any real issues. I am not sure what happened to this game, but its kindof sad that our tough district will now be mocked as all hype besides JT.

Good season Whitehouse... The Mavs will shoot the three all over you this BB season and we had a week head start to practice, so be ready!

Just curious, if a team that is ALL HYPE beats another team silly 42-6, what does that make the other team?

By the way, were you at the game, bro?

Yes Whitehouse was all HYPE this year.

Kilgore beat a team 46-6 and later beat a team 42-7... Does that mean that they were good? NO! Because they weren't... so Whitehouse beating a team 42-6 doesn't mean anything...

Yes Whitehouse was all HYPE this year.

Kilgore beat a team 46-6 and later beat a team 42-7... Does that mean that they were good? NO! Because they weren't... so Whitehouse beating a team 42-6 doesn't mean anything...

Those scores you mentioned were against Pine Tree and Hallsville, yes?

The Pine Tree Pirates, who went winless in district?

And the Hallsville Bobcats, who beat Pine Tree AND Nacogdoches?

Boy, oh boy!

The 42-6 wood-laying that I am referring to was against the Chapel Hill Bulldogs.

Would you like to know how they are doing this year?

I invite you to find out.

My point was to let "CHBULLDOGSBABY" know that Whitehouse was, contrary to poular belief, NOT all hype this year.

Let the stats speak for themselves.

If you want to call that "hype", so be it.

I think the only ones who are spreading the hype are fans such as yourself, who wish their team had worked hard enough to be where we were, instead of practicing their free throws.

Basketball season was already upon Whitehouse. They beat the mess out of Chill on Friday.

I looked into who all was coming back without factoring in JV or Freshman team studs moving up. My early projections look like this.

JT-has to replace Bush and Hackett, but other than that will be pretty solid on returners.

Marshall- May have a coaching change in the near future,so not sure how that will effect them. Lose Jaquan Kelly, Bryce French and Daveon Williams. Will have a very talented and experienced offense and defense returning.

Whitehouse- Lose Shelton Quincy and Metoyer, but have QB and Aldridge back. Defense I think will be a bit younger but still improved from a year ago.

Kilgore-This is supposed to be their year, but its a tough district.

Nac- 2nd year coach and a ton of returners. Will make a serious push for playoffs

Jax- Lost Black nuff said. Lost quite a few others.

Hallsville- Lose a lot, but will be in most games.

PT-Are trying to push the UIL to let FB team play 1a ball.

I know things can and probably will change till that time. Was just bored.

I heard an official complaining about the officials.

I wasn't at the game, so I don't know.

WH #### it up. You lost. Complaining about the officiating only makes you look like a sore loser.

Congrats on an otherwise good year.

Whitehouse had a GOOD season. Nothing GREAT! #17 was fun to watch, just like many of the other very talented seniors they had. This was a group of seniors that had lost very few games through the years. Bottom line is that Whitehouse can never put together a true championship calliber team. They have always seemed to be good on offense. They have typically been ###### poor on defense. They have been terrible on special teams. Well, offense was typical this year, defense was finally better, and special teams still looked horrible. Now all this talent is gone. Until you get good all three phases you are only a good team with talent. Now what? Offense will still be ok, defense will be bad again, and special teams will be worse. Can they find a way to make special teams better? It is sad to watch. Hopefully they can break things down to make next years group a well rounded team. Talent will be average, so it is going to take some serious coaching.

The offensive lack of balance may be as much to blame as anything for the perceived defensive woes....

The outcome of this game completely suprises me. Whitehouse should have had an easy route to the 3rd round, before they had any real issues. I am not sure what happened to this game, but its kindof sad that our tough district will now be mocked as all hype besides JT.

Good season Whitehouse... The Mavs will shoot the three all over you this BB season and we had a week head start to practice, so be ready!

Why should WH had an easy time before any real issue? I don't think Hutto was a bad team at all and well they lost to Poteet!

hahahahaah ARE YOU KIDDING ME? are you high? you have no right to talk or say anything at all. Whitehouse completely demolished chapel hill. that game was way to easy for whitehouse, and next to pine tree, one of the easiest games we had. wow, some people...

How was there a lack of balance? They had two 1,000 yrd rec's and a 1,000 yrd rusher! If he was not at 1,000 rushing it was very close! They just got beat by a better team in a better district!

You sir are correct and it is apparent you follow them much closer than myself....I wasn't responding that a lack of balance caused them to lose this or any other game...My response was directed at a post stating that historically the Whitehouse defense was bad and would be bad again following this season....Let me also state it wasn't a knock on the Whitehouse staff - they seem to do a great job based on their offensive production...that being said, they do throw it much more than they run it and I shouldn't have to explain to you or anyone else with knowledge of the game of football how that has the potential to negatively impact a defense...