A&M - Nebraska

BTHOtu

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Normally I would say go Aggies when playing Nebraska, but with our new Longhorn envy poster starting this thread, I'm going with GO BIG RED!!!

Big orange ####!

I don't think (or hope) The Corns QB is at full health. If he is out that will boost my confidence in the Ags this week. I think A&M will give Nebraska a nice send off from Kyle Field.

Big orange ####!

I don't think (or hope) The Corns QB is at full health. If he is out that will boost my confidence in the Ags this week. I think A&M will give Nebraska a nice send off from Kyle Field.

Easy h-town... I think A&M will take care of business. I was just ragging on our newest poster because he makes reference to UT when the Aggies are not even playing UT.

Funny story here; not funny haha, but more funny ironic. Yesterday our school had an early out so the entire district could listen to a guy talk about attitude and character. Well this guy started college in Austin at UT, finished at A&M and received his master's degree at Texas Tech. The thing is he kept talking about the "codes" he learned at A&M and refered to UT the rest of the seminar as "tu". I didn't take it personal at all, but I did think it was unprofessional. The guy is somewhere in his 60s or early 70s, and he's giving a seminar on character in his suit and tie while refering to a well known university in Texas as tu. Give me a break.

Easy h-town... I think A&M will take care of business. I was just ragging on our newest poster because he makes reference to UT when the Aggies are not even playing UT.

Funny story here; not funny haha, but more funny ironic. Yesterday our school had an early out so the entire district could listen to a guy talk about attitude and character. Well this guy started college in Austin at UT, finished at A&M and received his master's degree at Texas Tech. The thing is he kept talking about the "codes" he learned at A&M and refered to UT the rest of the seminar as "tu". I didn't take it personal at all, but I did think it was unprofessional. The guy is somewhere in his 60s or early 70s, and he's giving a seminar on character in his suit and tie while refering to a well known university in Texas as tu. Give me a break.

Whatever dude, A&M is a well known university as well, if you don't like the tradtions there, well I guess you can continue to complain about it, but nobody cares. You can keep your "professionalism" I'll just be an a good ol aggie fan.

Whatever dude, A&M is a well known university as well, if you don't like the tradtions there, well I guess you can continue to complain about it, but nobody cares. You can keep your "professionalism" I'll just be an a good ol aggie fan.

LOL! You're 20 years old, and as my dad would say, "full of ###### and vinegar." The point being that no one is saying A&M does not have traditions and something to be proud of. My daughter, bless her heart, has her mind set on getting into A&M's vet school. I'll do whatever I can to help her reach that goal because I think A&M is the BEST vet school around.

But the old man was just embarassing himself by using "tu" 4-5 times. Two Aggie graduates that I've known for over 20 years sat right in front of me and another right next to me. The first time the man said it, they kind of snickered. The second time the one next to me said, "okay, that's enough." The last few times, all three just seemed to sink in their seats.

PS - you cared enough to post something, and if it makes you feel like a better person or more important when you refer to the university in Austin as "tu" then go right ahead. I've got enough self-confindence that I can type Texas A&M Aggies without any problems at all.

LOL! You're 20 years old, and as my dad would say, "full of ###### and vinegar." The point being that no one is saying A&M does not have traditions and something to be proud of. My daughter, bless her heart, has her mind set on getting into A&M's vet school. I'll do whatever I can to help her reach that goal because I think A&M is the BEST vet school around.

But the old man was just embarassing himself by using "tu" 4-5 times. Two Aggie graduates that I've known for over 20 years sat right in front of me and another right next to me. The first time the man said it, they kind of snickered. The second time the one next to me said, "okay, that's enough." The last few times, all three just seemed to sink in their seats.

PS - you cared enough to post something, and if it makes you feel like a better person or more important when you refer to the university in Austin as "tu" then go right ahead. I've got enough self-confindence that I can type Texas A&M Aggies without any problems at all.

Point being, and I've said this for years...... lol Texags reference

And we prefer Texas Aggies :pirate:

JK again :sorcerer:

I never understood why texas fans get angry over texas university, I mean its not like someone is saying texas blows or something. I belive there are a lot of worse things to be called then switching the name of the university. I usually make a t.u reference if I talk about the sports team and texas when it comes to something else. I also call OU, Zero U so is that bad.

I don't understand cutting down teams that are obviously more superior historically and more recently. Maybe its simply wishful thinking and talking themselves up.

I don't understand cutting down teams that are obviously more superior historically and more recently. Maybe its simply wishful thinking and talking themselves up.

It's not the team he is messing with, it is the school in general. He never mentioned football anywhere. Overall athletically, A&M is the best in the Big12-2.

I know most people only care about football and maybe a couple other sports, but it IS interesting to see which universities are the most successful throughout their athletic programs. Final standings for the 2009-2010 Learfield Sports Directors Cup:

1. Stanford

2. Florida

3. Virginia

4. UCLA

5. Florida State

6. Texas A&M

7. North Carolina

8. Ohio State

9. California

10. Duke

Other B12 schools:

12. Oklahoma

15. Texas

17. Nebraska

31. Baylor

33. Oklahoma State

34. Iowa State

44. Texas Tech

49. Missouri

69. Colorado

73. Kansas

123. Kansas State

Other Texas schools:

40. TCU

74. SMU

83. UTEP

98. Rice

111. Houston

168. UT-San Antonio

189. Sam Houston State

191. SFA

192. Lamar

204. North Texas

230. Texas State

236. Prairie View A&M

I do think that most athletes work very hard to excel, even if they don't compete in front of 80,000 high paying fans. Sorry for getting off topic ...

This is really retarded. I don't get the whining about something that keeps the A&M - UT rivalry strong. The whole point is that texas is A&M's biggest rival, and you don't show any respect to your rival. I know I know, all you Texas fans are above the rivalry with "A&M" and ou is the "real" rival of texas, but so friggin what... y'all are recently alot better at football than A&M has been. If you want to be above the rivalry then fine. Do as you please. But IMO, rivalries are what makes watching sports fun, and I am gonna participate. Sorry if that hurts your feelings.

Ah, a bit of personal insight makes you a little more human and not just a screen name to me now. I respect that!

Wow, wow, wow,wow!! What a game!! The Wrecking Crew was in full force tonight. Breaking the attendance records and beating a top ten team! Great night overall for the Ags!! And no TD's scored the whole game. Who woulda thunk it?

Oh and ESPN gameday..... HA!