114 members have voted

1. 1. who wins

• Arp
    • WestRusk

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What was the score to the 1st game? And what is the location?

looks like one of 3 locations Henderson.Lview or Troup (RUMORS) lol.... and Time and day has yet to be determined.

last game score was 27-7 WestRusk and they are extremely good

Arp pulled RB McClendon out 9:50 in the second qtr after getting hit pretty hard to save him for the playoffs and pulled QB Copeland out after the end of the 3rd as well. Both were hit hard prior to pulling them out. Arp had to beat WR by 21 to get the bye and it was clear the game was going to be closer than that so the coaches did their best to keep the kids healthy for the playoffs with a few more kids that got banged up as well. We played them hard though and would have loved to win but they were the better team when the whistle blue. WestRusk was fired up and ready for war that night I promise you! Arp was playing some backups for the 4th and thats when WR took control. It was 12-7 halfway thru 3. These Coaches are two old freinds, so I am sure a little cat and mouse has been played by both teams as well lol...... This game is going to be a great one. Both teams can win this game and both are pretty dang good.

In case a lot of folks don't know these two towns are only about 5-6 minutes apart. These two communties play each other every year from the time they are 5-18 years in all sports. They play on teams together even at times and all know each other really well. I personally have a lot of good freinds from West Rusk and know them because of this very situation. Talk about making a Rivalry strong this year :rock:

West Rusk will kill Arp this game will be much worse then the 1st one West Rusk 48-12. West Rusk is going to win state the defense is lights out and the offense is unstopable. JJ say what you want but after next week this is what is going down in Arp. THUMP, THUMP, THUMP.

Guest Pigskincrazy

Your right about one thing JJ, I do believe a little cat and mouse was played. I don't think either of the coaching staffs got off the first page of their playbook in round 1.

Should be an entertaining week here on SDC and an even more entertaining game.

West Rusk will kill Arp this game will be much worse then the 1st one West Rusk 48-12. West Rusk is going to win state the defense is lights out and the offense is unstopable. JJ say what you want but after next week this is what is going down in Arp. THUMP, THUMP, THUMP.

Arp's depth will win this game

Good Luck Arp! You guys always made playing your team fun! Hope you guys do well and go far. I miss some of the comments jj used to make in the week before we played each other on setxsports! sometimes LOYAL fans are hard to find...but like me I'm sure you will supports your team regardless of if they are undefeated or have a losing season. GO TIGERS

I love the idea of this game being on Thanksgiving. It gives all of East Texas a chance to see a great rivalry game deep in the playoffs, and still allows everyone to see their own team. Down side is missing the Cowboys, however this year not as important, except for thos "who dat" fans. Many years ago Longview and Gladewater used to play each other every Thanksgiving Day afternoon, but that was way before the Cowboys even existed. I have seen a few Thanksgiving night games scheduled in the past in High School, so this is not the first. Someone mentioned WR wanting to scout on Friday......I'm sure that Arp likes the idea of scouting then as well. This time had to be something both coaches were in total agreement on. I will definately make the mile and a half trip to see this one!

I do remember last year..Our Game was in Huntsville on the Friday after Thanksgiving..

A Family gathering in Arlington had us definatley rushed..Although we made it

Thanksgiving is one of the most traveled of Family Holidays

As much as I love and support my Team..This crosses the line

I sure hope this date is reconsidered..Even though I will race time and

possibly a few State Troopers :icon_confused: ..It's a shame someone will choose to

benefit themselves and dismiss a Family Day gathering :thumbdown:

JJ you are spining this a little to far.

Coach Frazier did suggest Thursday but that was before he realized it was Thanksgiving. During that phone conversation It was brought up that it was Thanksgiving and a long discussion accrued. It was Coach Irwin who said lets do Thursday day so that the winner could scout Friday. Both Coaches checked with their boss to ok a Thursday game earlier this week.

SO both coaches and admin are on board with a Thanksgiving game. If you want to complain take it up with your admin

I never said anything was truth only what I was told. I am sure both staffs agreed with this or it wouldn't be a factor. But either way I will be there...I just hate that one of the most beloved holidays in this country will be rushed to watch a high school football game which we will show up and support no matter what. There are a lot of folks who I am sure like the idea as well i just do not which doesn't really mater anyway lol....