114 members have voted

1. 1. who wins

• Arp
    • WestRusk

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boo hoo hoo.... WR and Arp should be thankful to be playing on Thanksgiving. Heck, eat a Thanksgiving LUNCH and go to the game. Who really enjoys a WHOLE day with family anyway?

I think people are too dang sensitive. When my grandmother was in the Longview Lobo band in 1937, the Lobos won their only state championship on CHRISTMAS DAY!!!! Did they complain? Nope... they ALL hopped on the train and had a day they will never forget!

Get over it, and enjoy some holiday football!!!

What's wrong with loading up the whole family to watch some East Texas football? Count your blessings for making it this far and share it with the family! Turn the negative thoughts into positive ones and you've got a Thanksgiving day memory you'll be talking about for years. I would love to have this opportunity!

What's wrong with loading up the whole family to watch some East Texas football? Count your blessings for making it this far and share it with the family! Turn the negative thoughts into positive ones and you've got a Thanksgiving day memory you'll be talking about for years. I would love to have this opportunity!

A Thanksgiving Day football game would be a great excuse to get all the noisy children out of the house... lol

Like it or not, Thanksgiving is a football day. From the Cowboys to the Longhorn/Aggie game, and now high school playoffs. Lobo Stadium was not available on Friday as two games already could be taking place there depending on what happens today. The stadium personnel will be working the phones to see who might actually be available to work in the press box and the grounds crew Thursday...usually they have a few dozen people working logistics but they'll probably have a limited staff available.

Boo hoo hoo.... WR and Arp should be thankful to be playing on Thanksgiving. Heck, eat a Thanksgiving LUNCH and go to the game. Who really enjoys a WHOLE day with family anyway?

I think people are too dang sensitive. When my grandmother was in the Longview Lobo band in 1937, the Lobos won their only state championship on CHRISTMAS DAY!!!! Did they complain? Nope... they ALL hopped on the train and had a day they will never forget!

AMEN!!! I hear ya! People need to stop their belly aching and realize that this is a blessing to be playing at tis point in the season. We are seupposed to be supporting the young men playing, the caoches and the school. Thats what FANS do! Now, with that said, I am going to take WR, of course, in a close game. This is going to be a tougher game than the first. WR-28 Arp-21. We all pray that both teams play ahrd and injury free.

WR by as much as they want.

Anyone claiming Arp has depth remember that after West Rusk knocked out some of their "star" players they had no one else to throw at WR. That does not sound like depth to me.....

This is going to be an awesome beat down.

:thumbsup: Love the post!

Great to see that two teams from my District are battling it out again... I say:

WEST RUSK- 32

Arp- 8

GOOOOO RAIDERS GOOOOOO!!!!!!!

All the people who think Arp will win get real. If they dont fumble, well them Raiders were laying some hat thats why they were so many fumbles. Like I said this will be another blow out and how Tiger fans can say they beat West Rusk twice in 1 year 0. But the Raiders will be saying that after Turkey Day. GO RAIDERS.

Guest Pigskincrazy

As far as I know, No one is forcing anyone to change the way they spend their Thanksgiving Day.

All that has happened is you have been given a choice... If you choose to attend the game, GREAT! If you choose to attend a family gathering, GREAT!

I for one am looking forward to having the memory of Texas High School Playoff Football on Turkey-Day. Beats spending time with my screwed up family LOL.

Back on topic.... I see this game being very similar to the first. Low scoring and hard hitting. Arp will come in looking for revenge and West Rusk will be looking to put the ! on the first victory.

West Rusk by 6

Great post! I couldn't agree more. I was hoping someone would be playing on Thanksgiving so I could sneak out of the house a little early!

West Rusk by 10+

WR by as much as they want.

Anyone claiming Arp has depth remember that after West Rusk knocked out some of their "star" players they had no one else to throw at WR. That does not sound like depth to me.....

This is going to be an awesome beat down.

I do not know what game you watched. Potts (the 2nd RB) broke big runs all night. When Arp lined up in the "I" with Jamie Warren at fullback, Arp scored their only TD. Not one kid from WR stepped up to take on the lead block. If Arp lines up with him at fullback they will have success all game. This is going to be a great game that will be closer then you predict. Arp is playing with a lot of confidence right now and will not be blown out. WR better get ready for a ballgame. If Arp limits the turnovers they will win.

I do not know what game you watched. Potts (the 2nd RB) broke big runs all night. When Arp lined up in the "I" with Jamie Warren at fullback, Arp scored their only TD. Not one kid from WR stepped up to take on the lead block. If Arp lines up with him at fullback they will have success all game. This is going to be a great game that will be closer then you predict. Arp is playing with a lot of confidence right now and will not be blown out. WR better get ready for a ballgame. If Arp limits the turnovers they will win.

Broke big runs all night? I thought all Arp scored was 7 points? Oh yeah that is all they scored. The fact is WR knocked out your play maker once and they are going to do it again.

If Arp limits turnovers? News flash the reason Arp has turnovers is because their players are getting rocked so hard they drop the ball. It happened last game, bank on it happening again.

Everyone should feel sorry for Coach Langley....he doesnt get his full b-ball team for a while.

The time and date was agreed upon by both coaches with the approval of both superintendents. Noone is making you come to the game although we would hope that you would come support our boys.

Try to think positively about things. With this arrangement your family can have lunch together and then all go to the game together. This might be a chance for out of town family members to finally get to see your team play. Then after the game, the boys will be free until Mondays practice.

If we play Friday, the boys would have practice Thursday morning and then they would be gone most of the day on Friday.

Life is not fair and you can't please all the people all the time. The game is Thursday whether you like it or not. Get over your negative feelings, adjust your schedule and come show your support!

Hey Arp!!! Thanks for being kind and making me feel at home last night as I couldn't make it to WACO when I got off work so I came to your game. Your fans were very nice and classy towards me, AND they knew I was from Frankston. lol....

Good luck to both teams, I think I might like Thanksgiving Day game. Love my family but sometimes, well you know, it's a good excuse to get away for awhile.

The time and date was agreed upon by both coaches with the approval of both superintendents. Noone is making you come to the game although we would hope that you would come support our boys.

Try to think positively about things. With this arrangement your family can have lunch together and then all go to the game together. This might be a chance for out of town family members to finally get to see your team play. Then after the game, the boys will be free until Mondays practice.

If we play Friday, the boys would have practice Thursday morning and then they would be gone most of the day on Friday.

Life is not fair and you can't please all the people all the time. The game is Thursday whether you like it or not. Get over your negative feelings, adjust your schedule and come show your support!

Couldnt agree more with you, I will eat my Turkey day lunch and get ready to see them Raiders