A & M @ Texas

eagles66

so without a doubt, you honestly think A&M would have been the better team had they played in Norman?

The Big 12 has been down buddy. You can't take a weekend off but its far from killer. I have no problem giving credit where credit is due, but I'm not going to praise a team after one "good" season as if they've turned their program around.

I'm fine with A&M being on the rise, but earn your rise. Seriously, how many times have Aggie and Tech fans got hyped up and promised better things next year and come out to be duds.

My objective isn't to discredit A&M or cut down their program. I'm just bringing the big eyed A&M "faithful" back to earth.

I can respect your post...But your not going to convince me that OU is better just because they can win at home. I mean that is the idea right.

I think you are right on the money with the end of your post which is why i posted the article by david ubben. He sums it up nice. Tamu has the talent on campus and coming in to be very salty or mediocre. 11-1 or 6-6. The reason i think Sherman has turned the corner is this...Last year Tamu was solid at times but in big games folded bad. This year they were in the tight games against ok st and ark until late, and showed up and won against OU, Nebraska Baylor and Texas. With young teams it takes a while "if ever" to learn the IT factor. It takes time to learn how to win those big games. This team was young last year and matured this year alot. I think another noticable boost in confidence/poise will happen next season with 19 out of 22 starters coming back. Will they go 11-1? IDK. but they are certainly on the right track and capable.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sat, Sep 4 Stephen F. Austin W 48-7 --

Sat, Sep 11 Louisiana Tech W 48-16 --

Sat, Sep 18 FIU W 27-20 --

Thu,Sep 30 at Oklahoma State L 35-38 --

Sat, Oct 9 (11) Arkansas L 17-24 --

Sat, Oct 16 (21) Missouri L 9-30 --

Sat, Oct 23 at Kansas W 45-10 --

Sat, Oct 30 Texas Tech W 45-27 --

Sat, Nov 6 (11) Oklahoma W 33-19 --

Sat, Nov 13 at Baylor W 42-30 --

Sat, Nov 20 (9) Nebraska W 9-6 --

Thu,Nov 25 at Texas W 24-17 --

2009 record 6 - 6

2008 record 4 - 8

2007 record 7 - 5

2006 record 9 - 3

Really?

I can respect your post...But your not going to convince me that OU is better just because they can win at home. I mean that is the idea right.

My home reference was because you said A&M was better this year. I don't think there is anyone in the nation that would argue OU would be undefeated had they not had to play at Mizzou and A&M. I personally think OU is still a much more talented team and a better team than A&M this year. You can say A&M proved they were better or whatever, and thats your opinion, but I am inclined to my own.

I would love for A&M to be on the rise, I would love for Baylor continue to go bowling, for Tech to have more 10-1 season, Oklahoma State to compete for the south title more often. It would be great to see the conference get a boost in competitiveness.

I just don't see how you can argue that this was a rebuilding year in the south. OSU, the team with the best overall record, has lost their only challenging games this season. Do you remember how many they lost from last season? Yeah, they beat A&M, but before they had their surge and QB change. Texas, do I need to explain? OU, I know you saw the NFL draft. There are freshmen all over the field there, especially on defense. Jones is in his first season as the designated starter. Tech, they have a new coach who is hoping to transform that team.

I feel like we are going to have a terrible bowl record this year.

14 pt difference and the reason OU lost is because they were on the road? ummm o.k. If A&M had gone to Norman and lost by 14 you still wouldn't see any way that A&M could pull a win if they had played at Kyle field. But because its OU and they have a history of being good, they should just get that BOTD? Naahhh I don't think so buddy.

You know, I guess y'all can say what y'all want to about doubting that A&M has turned the corner. Thats fine. I really don't see the any validity in that statement considering A&M has 19 starters returning. Wishful thinking maybe? I guess there is always injuries, or maybe the texas and ou youngsters are just gonna outwork the Aggies in the offseason. Whatever helps you sleep good at night I guess.

But since y'all are entitled to your opinions, I'm entitled to mine, which is that, barring significant injury, A&M will win the conference next year and play in a BCS bowl. Which will be a nice thing for us faithful Aggies who have sat back and watched Texas and OU have their turns.

^ Preach on brother :thumbsup:

I read an interesting article on how conferences should go by margin of victory when dealing with ties that made a lot of sense, but that is not what college football is about. I'm not whining about OU being in the big12 championship game though. They won one more game than A&M did and that is what matters. That and being ranked higher at the beginning of the season.

that and scheduling a more competitive non-conference which once again helped them with pollsters and computers.

Just like Texas did in 2008, people can complain as much as they want but the rules are the rules. The big boy's at A&M supported the tie breaking rules before this season. Win another game, and there nothing to argue about. Heck, y'all pull it out against OSU and Ark...who knows where you guys would be sitting in the BCS.

I don't doubt A&M's talent or that they will be good next year. I will just have to see it for myself. I personally do not see them being better than this year because of losses on defense. You also better believe Texas will be back and OU will be an easy pre-season favorite to win the national championship next year. The Big...whatever it will be, will certainly be a dominate conference.

that and scheduling a more competitive non-conference which once again helped them with pollsters and computers.

Just like Texas did in 2008, people can complain as much as they want but the rules are the rules. The big boy's at A&M supported the tie breaking rules before this season. Win another game, and there nothing to argue about. Heck, y'all pull it out against OSU and Ark...who knows where you guys would be sitting in the BCS.

I don't doubt A&M's talent or that they will be good next year. I will just have to see it for myself. I personally do not see them being better than this year because of losses on defense. You also better believe Texas will be back and OU will be an easy pre-season favorite to win the national championship next year. The Big...whatever it will be, will certainly be a dominate conference.

The only loss that somewhat bothers me on defense is Von Miller. The others really aren't that talented they just do their good enough to let the play makers like Miller excel.

We've got 2 young guys in Johnathon Stewart (soph) and Andrew Weaver (FR) who both fit the mold of what the Aggies look for in their "joker" position. But they won't come in and have the same impact that Miller has. I expect that Demontre Moore will be the dominant pass rusher on the Aggie defense next season. So we'll be alright.

Really when you get to looking at the roster there just aren't that many seniors... like at all. After next season they may have a bit of a struggle. But the majority of the players on this team are sophomores and freshmen.

Congrat's to the Aggies on a great year. Much better than in years past for sure. Amazing what the QB change did for the program. Tannehill saved what was looking like another off year.

I can only hope that the win over my Longhorns spurs some serious staff changes in Austin, and soon.