Cameron Yoe 35 Tatum 14 (Final)

IceCreamBoys

Cameron Yoe (12-0) vs. Tatum (12-0)  

263 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win This Epic Battle

• Cameron Yoe
    • Tatum

As a neutral at the game I thought the refs overall were pretty good. The only call that I thought was bad was the roughing penalty on Tatum in the 2nd. Had they called unsportsmanlike conduct (felt like the player stood over the WR a little too long-taunting) it MIGHT have been a good call but no way was it an unnecessary roughness. However, refs in no way cost Tatum the game. Cameron won because they dominated the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. 74 and 58 created havoc in the backfield all game long.

Good game by both teams, Cameron was the better last night.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how cold was it in Ennis last night? i was at the D'field/NB game in Hallsville and it was getting pretty miserable by the end of the 3rd quarter. i can only imagine how it was in Ennis where they don't have any trees bigger than a decent size bush to block the wind.

:rofl:

When we got in the car (after the game was over) the thermometer on my mirror said 48, but that wind would blow your head clean off!!! And, it was coming straight out of the north!! Really wouldn't have been too bad if that arctic blast would've just let up a little......but it didn't!!!!!

Didn't want to get ya with that. We just are what are. Folks who love these boys who happen to play football. This year they are actually winning. But that doesn't change the way we love them. We stayed when they stunk up the joint too! Again, maybe because we had nothing else to do! When you're as old a me, you see boys play, then sit next to those boys watching their boys play. Now I'm sitting next to those guys who are now grandparents watching their grandsons play- Spells, Kelley, Denio and others. Those names have been Yoe names for generations. It's like watching my own kids play and alot of us feel that way. Shoot, every town should feel that way if they love high school football. I also don't miss a volleyball game or basketball game- Yoe senior pass gives me free entertainment! I didn't even have to pay admission tonight cause I'm old!

I'll be honest, most, like 90% of Tatum fans disgust me. They sit on their lazy tail-ends and talk about who knows what and MIGHT get up and make a little noise towards the end of the game if it's a nail-biter. Me and the other true fans actually turn around and yell at the other fans to get off the stinkin butts and make some noise.

I am one of the 90% that disgust you. I feel you probably made this statement at the end of a hard fought loss, that was hard to swallow for all of us, without putting a lot of thought into it. I have attended Tatum games for over twenty years. I consider myself a true fan of Tatum football even though I do not wear a hard hat to the game, shake a five gallon water jug in the air, and beat a trash can. Do not be influenced by the criticism of the Tatum fans leaving early and turn on your own. The 90% is proud of you and your support, although your style is not ours.

Most people will say the moment of this game that "sealed the deal" was the long TD run by Kelly that put Yoe up 28-14. I say the defining moment was not the play itself, but something that happened DURING that play. #68 from Cameron (guard or tackle - don't remember) got down the field ahead of the RB. About 25-30 yards downfield, he ran full speed into a couple of Tatum players and pushed them into a third Eagle. All three hit the ground hard like a bunch of bowling pins. Kelly, the RB, stepped over the pile and had an easy sprint to the end zone - game over! The spread passing team won it with old fashioned power football. Game ball to Kelley - big helmet sticker to #68. That kid was pumped and his team knew he made that TD happen.

Man, that's really disappointing. It looks as though Tatum was too busy looking forward to next week instead of taking care of the task that layed before them. Tatum, definitely had the team to win state this year. This is just another case of looking too far ahead. Same thing happened to John Tyler.

Really? Or maybe Yoe has a fairly decent team?

how cold was it in Ennis last night? i was at the D'field/NB game in Hallsville and it was getting pretty miserable by the end of the 3rd quarter. i can only imagine how it was in Ennis where they don't have any trees bigger than a decent size bush to block the wind.

Winds were tough. We really needed the wind at our back to make that 4th quater work

IMO it was colder last weekend.

Most people will say the moment of this game that "sealed the deal" was the long TD run by Kelly that put Yoe up 28-14. I say the defining moment was not the play itself, but something that happened DURING that play. #68 from Cameron (guard or tackle - don't remember) got down the field ahead of the RB. About 25-30 yards downfield, he ran full speed into a couple of Tatum players and pushed them into a third Eagle. All three hit the ground hard like a bunch of bowling pins. Kelly, the RB, stepped over the pile and had an easy sprint to the end zone - game over! The spread passing team won it with old fashioned power football. Game ball to Kelley - big helmet sticker to #68. That kid was pumped and his team knew he made that TD happen.

#68- Diante Holt (second generation Yoe great. His dad was Billy Holt a great Yoe player in the 80's)

It doesnt matter who you beat, stuff is always gonna be said like this. Congrats to Tatum on a fine year. There are a heck of alot teams that would like to say they were 13-1 or 14-1 lol I dont really know. Its Obvious Yoe has better than a fairly decent team. Good luck to yall next week.

As a neutral at the game I thought the refs overall were pretty good. The only call that I thought was bad was the roughing penalty on Tatum in the 2nd. Had they called unsportsmanlike conduct (felt like the player stood over the WR a little too long-taunting) it MIGHT have been a good call but no way was it an unnecessary roughness. However, refs in no way cost Tatum the game. Cameron won because they dominated the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. 74 and 58 created havoc in the backfield all game long.

Good game by both teams, Cameron was the better last night.

i may be wrong but i thought when the official announced that penalty i heard him say taunting but like i said i could be wrong

Yeah. I figured id come on here and read "well I guess Tatum just had an off night" or something along that line. This was not the case. Tatum was playing well but the Yoemen were just the better team.

Oakhill,

No, it was not because of the loss that I was upset about the fans sitting on their rumps. We complained about the fans all year. Just because you are at the game with your eyes open does not mean you are a fan. I sometimes watch "chick flicks" with my wife, that don't make me a fan of them. The only way you are supporting the team is financially if you are coming and not yelling. Get up, yell, let those boys know you are there for them. I guess you left early too?

About the penalties, they did not effect the outcome. I do believe CY got a few no calls that were pretty obvious to most watching. About the WR getting slung or slammed or whatever was said, our DB was already in the motion of slinging the WR to the ground when they stepped on the out of bounds line. It actually looked as if our DB tried to ease up but there was too much momentum and he could not stop.

Thanks again to everyone in the "Loud Crowd" and anyone else that actually makes some noise for our boys. 1st rule of the "Loud Crowd", never sit down and never shut up.... lol

Waco Trib Pics

This was one of my favorite pictures...but there are about 300 to look at.

Take a look Tatum might see yourself in there lol

Thanks, I forgot that the camera man gave me a card to check out some picks. The link below is a pic of some of the "Loud Crowd".

http://www.wacotrib.com/photos/Cameron-Yoe...oto=297&c=Y

http://www.wacotrib.com/photos/Cameron-Yoe...oto=303&c=Y