Little McCoy

Coach0001

Possible only because anything is possible but doubt it. I heard the staff likes Connor Wood more for the future and that is why they decided to redshirt him for more elgiblity. Case was slightly better in the fall camp but the potential is with Connor. Hopefully Gilberts role as starting QB is nearly over but we will fiind out more in the spring.

Who could blame him? When the guy in front of throws 5 interceptions in one game and is still sent out to run the offense, it's a clear sign that you are not going to be given a fair chance to compete.

I also think it is a slap in the face by Mack Brown and Greg Davis to the McCoy family IF they are not being honest with Case. Case had offers from Arizona, Auburn, Texas A&M, and Colorado St. He was also being heavily recruited by Nebraska prior to his commitment to UT. The Longhorns blew a year of eligibility for Case for less than 20 snaps. If he's not in the big picture, Mack should be honest and let him move on somewhere that he would be given an opportunity to play.

man this sounds like this has happened before at texas. I hope he gets his playing time. He might pull a Ryan Mallet.

This happens everywhere. Everyone is given a shot at a starting job. There can be only one starter. I don't think it was a secret when Case signed that the heir apparent was Garrett Gilbert. At this point I think he is actually closer to winning the starting job than he was when he signed.

The plan for Case was interrupted when Sherrod Harris decided not to play this fall. Otherwise McCoy and Woods would have probably both redshirted.

man this sounds like this has happened before at texas. I hope he gets his playing time. He might pull a Ryan Mallet.

Nah, it's not like Mallett. Mallett transferred because of Loyd Carr's retirement and the hiring of Rich-Rod, who's offensive style was not going to fit Mallett.

Who this sounds like is Mitch Mustain, the QB that transferred from Arkansas to USC. Mustain got his boxers in a wad after he was replaced by Casey Dick. He knew Houston Nutt was going to be a run first play caller so he left. A year later Arkansas hires Petrino. Mustain now is the backup for Barkley at USC. Not a great move on his part.

If McCoy does move it may not be greener pastures.

Didn't snead from ole miss have this problem at texas and lets not forget major applewhite/chris sims.

Yes, similiar to Johnson/Tannehill & Johnson/McGee. Snead was in the same recruiting class as McCoy. When Colt was recruited, I never thought McCoy would see the field exept for senior blowout game. I was wrong.

My point is there are kids on the benches of every BCS school that think they can play, but only one can play in a position at a time. It is easier with many position players because rotations give them playing time. QB is the exception.

The back up at Arkansas - Travis Wilson - is a redshirt Sophmore. By all accounts he is a darn good quarterback. If Mallett returns next year (which I doubt he will), Wilson will have one year of eligiblity left. At another school he would be probably be starting. Ditto, John Brantley at Florida.

Yes, similiar to Johnson/Tannehill & Johnson/McGee. Snead was in the same recruiting class as McCoy. When Colt was recruited, I never thought he would see the field exept for senior blowout game. I was wrong.

My point is there are kids on the benches of every BCS school that think they can play, but only one can play in a position at a time. It is easier with many position players because rotations give them playing time. QB is the exception.

The back up at Arkansas - Travis Wilson - is a redshirt Sophmore. By all accounts he is a darn good quarterback. If Mallett returns next year (which I doubt he will), Wilson will have one year of eligiblity left. At another school he would be probably be starting. Ditto, John Brantley at Florida.

Wrong....Snead was in the class after McCoy..McCoy redshirted, Snead didn't. Come on Texas fans!

I stand corrected, but my point is the same. Most Horn fans were more excited by Snead & Harris than they were by McCoy. Still one ball.

True...and most were excited about Ryan Perrilloux in the McCoy class, McCoy was an afterthought. How'd Perriloux turn out Bengal?

How many great tcu quarterbacks are out there in the nfl. I know you got a good db Drew Coleman and running back LT.

The can't miss I that comes to mind for UT was Chance Mock.

On a side note: I know you are talking about present day, but you do realize the national trophy for the best QB in college football is named after a QB from TCU - Davey O'Brien. And Slingin' Sammy Baugh of TCU is a member of the NFL hall of fame as a QB.

Did anybody see little McCoy play in the state championship game vs Carthage???

I wasn't impressed at all. The Morgan kid from Carthage out played him from every aspect you could think of. When I left that game the only thing I thought about him was that he was just getting to go to Texas because of Colt's accomplishments.

I would not have been a happy camper if A&M had actually wasted a scholarship on him.

i wasn't very impressed with him last year against Carthage either. Of course Carthage had something to do with that!!

Then Mack comes out with this "He just knows how to win" quote about the kid.....

I bet Jaxson Shipley is waiting to see what Case does before he commits anywhere

i wasn't very impressed with him last year against Carthage either. Of course Carthage had something to do with that!!

Then Mack comes out with this "He just knows how to win" quote about the kid.....

I bet Jaxson Shipley is waiting to see what Case does before he commits anywhere

How is this Jaxson guy?

But Jaxon Shipley has been committed tothe Horns since February.

Did anybody see little McCoy play in the state championship game vs Carthage???

I wasn't impressed at all. The Morgan kid from Carthage out played him from every aspect you could think of. When I left that game the only thing I thought about him was that he was just getting to go to Texas because of Colt's accomplishments.

I would not have been a happy camper if A&M had actually wasted a scholarship on him.

I was also at that game and like you was not impressed at all by the younger McCoy...Way to skinny, i know they will put some weight and muscle on him at college ...and liked to run way too much but i know he had to run against Carthage. The QB from Carthage...let me tell ya...he is still lighting it up again this year..putting up BIG numbers, but im sure the knock against him is that he dont fit the "mold" of a big time college QB, in that he is too short but he dont make many mistakes and he knows how to win. I have watched alot of great football from here in East Texas and playoff games and seen way too many great players who dont "fit the mold" slip through the cracks. Give you one more example without putting any names on here. Carthage had this lineman last year 6'1 or 6'2 around 260lb to 270lbs, ran around a sub 5 -40yd dash. Talked with him several times during the season and playoffs ..very nice, polite young man...but had a mean streak when he walked on the field...which is a good thing right? I mean this guy was a beast...but i dont think he got any D-I offers becasue he "didnt fit the mold" of a D-I lineman...because he wasnt 6'5 didnt have arms that hung to the ground. IMHO some D-I college lost the chance to have a great player on the team...and SFA got a steal. Like Michael Irvin and Bobby Bowden have said...i will take a player who has heart over a player who has speed, ability, and quickness any day...because you can work on all the rest...but you cant work on heart.

I was also at that game and like you was not impressed at all by the younger McCoy...Way to skinny, i know they will put some weight and muscle on him at college ...and liked to run way too much but i know he had to run against Carthage. The QB from Carthage...let me tell ya...he is still lighting it up again this year..putting up BIG numbers, but im sure the knock against him is that he dont fit the "mold" of a big time college QB, in that he is too short but he dont make many mistakes and he knows how to win. I have watched alot of great football from here in East Texas and playoff games and seen way too many great players who dont "fit the mold" slip through the cracks. Give you one more example without putting any names on here. Carthage had this lineman last year 6'1 or 6'2 around 260lb to 270lbs, ran around a sub 5 -40yd dash. Talked with him several times during the season and playoffs ..very nice, polite young man...but had a mean streak when he walked on the field...which is a good thing right? I mean this guy was a beast...but i dont think he got any D-I offers becasue he "didnt fit the mold" of a D-I lineman...because he wasnt 6'5 didnt have arms that hung to the ground. IMHO some D-I college lost the chance to have a great player on the team...and SFA got a steal. Like Michael Irvin and Bobby Bowden have said...i will take a player who has heart over a player who has speed, ability, and quickness any day...because you can work on all the rest...but you cant work on heart.

Not doubting anything you posted, but it is difficult for a 5'9" QB to see over 6'5" O-Linemen.