277 members have voted

1. 1. Chill or Henderson?

• Chill
    • Henderson

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great game. The score was probably a little closer than it should have been, but Chapel Hill kept fighting to the end. I was really surprised and proud of how well our defense played. After hearing all week about how much firepower Chapel Hill had on offense, I was a little worried about us being able to slow them down. Once they denied the run, it was really all about the QB for CH holding the ball too long. He wouldn't throw it until his receiver was wide open, and they weren't getting wide open. That, combined with CH o-line struggling with our D-line's quickness, pretty much summed up the defensive effort for Henderson.

On offense, jumping to a quick lead was huge for us. I think seeing Barnes come out and lead the team down the field gave a huge emotional boost to the team and the fans. After going right down the field for that first score, you could sense we all knew for sure we had a chance in the game. The offense kept battling and getting good drives when we needed them most in the game. By no means did we dominate on offense, but the heart of the players was evident over the course of the game. I knew we wouldn't give up till the end, and that effort and intensity is what brought the state championship to Henderson, TX for the first time.

HENDERSON LIONS

2010 3A DIVISION 1 STATE CHAMPIONS

I can't believe I just typed that.

To all of the Chapel Hill football fans. I want yall to know that i gave it my all and thank all of you for supporting us.

Congrats to the lions.

I don't think anyone will ever doubt your efforts!!! I would certainly hope not!!!! CHill played a great game and had an outstanding season!!! Y'all have no reason to hang your heads. Instead, hold 'em high and be proud of yourselves, your season, and all you accomplished!!!!!

Congratulations on an awesome season Bulldogs!!!!

Price I'm borrowing you signature buddy...

I woke up this morning and had to make sure what I saw last night was true. We WON State! It was a great season to be able to see all but two games was simply an honor for me. Its a good year to be a Henderson Lion. Roar Restored! Its a dern good day!

To all of the Chapel Hill football fans. I want yall to know that i gave it my all and thank all of you for supporting us.

Congrats to the lions.

We in Henderson know you gave your all as well, you guys never gave up... Keep your head up buddy....

Collin, you always play great but last night I believe you played even better than normal. Talked to many fans who brought your name up on how great you played. I was proud to be a Bulldog fan last night. All you guys played well. It just wasn't our night to win. Bulldogs had a great season and I look forward to telling people where I'm from.

Great year Bulldogs!!!!!

To all the Lions and fans,

You guys played well and eventhough my Bulldogs don't get to claim state champs, I am proud it was kept in East Texas. I was wrong about you guys. I honestly felt like the Bulldogs had this in the bag. You brought a real good team to the field and a great D. Whoever #31 is was very impressive. He wasn't real big but was a battler and he never quit. He wanted to take home state and you could tell. Congrats to all of you, I'm sure you guys are on cloud 9 right now.

Maybe we will get to meet again next year, same time/same place.

Keep it in East Texas.

Congratulations to the Henderson Lions! Great Job!

I have to say, even though I didn't make any predictions, I really thought that C.H. would be too much for the Lions, but I was definitely wrong!

So I will have myself a little crow this evening!

Congratulations to both teams on great seasons and representing East Texas well!

Well congrats to my Henderson Lions on being state champs!!! And I want to congradulate the CH players and coaching staff on a great year. No doubt the best team won. That's why they do not play the game on SDC or on any other paper. Buzz and Mamadawg don't do anything crazy!!!! That's why I don't SMACK talk unless I can back it up not a bunch of kids that your banking on. Maybe you 2 will learn from this experience because if anybody needed the air taken out of them it was you 2 and TheStudd!!!!!!! But great job by both teams and by the way all I hear now is how many players CH have coming back well Henderson will be LOADED with returners and a undefeated sophmore class that could hang 50 on anybody they wanted. I sure am glad i'm a HENDERSON LION!!!!!!

Congrats to the lions.

Collin, nobody could be prouder of you than we are! You guys are an awesome upstanding group of men! We are on this forum to support y'all in anything you do because of who you are! In our hearts and minds y'all are all winners! Remember, Buzzfrog is always here if y'all need him!

Well, after our game with Brownwood, my wife and I stayed in a hotel....lots of BW fans there too. I was having Smoakhouse withdrawals cause I was going shopping with my wife...the price we pay to see GOOD football. Anyway. Congratulations to Henderson. STATE CHAMPIONS! FEELS GREAT DOESN'T IT???

I stayed neutral on my pick cause it was East Texas. However, when I heard it was Coach Little's last game I prayed that Henderson would win. I supported them and hoped they would win cause of the 16 AAA brethren...but Coach Little is a special coach, and I wanted him to have a ring. One of the best coaches I've ever officiated for. Congratulations to Chapel Hill. You boys don't have anything to hang your head about. Lot's of teams wished they could have experienced the things you have this year. Now.....if the Bulldogs can pull one more game together and win against Coldsprings, then that will give the UIL another problem in figuring out how to separate all these State Championship teams into different districts. That sounds funny doesn't it?

HENDERON LIONS 2010 3A DIVISION 1 STATE CHAMPS!

CONGRATULATIONS YA'LL DID GREAT!

Well, after our game with Brownwood, my wife and I stayed in a hotel....lots of BW fans there too. I was having Smoakhouse withdrawals cause I was going shopping with my wife...the price we pay to see GOOD football. Anyway. Congratulations to Henderson. STATE CHAMPIONS! FEELS GREAT DOESN'T IT???

I stayed neutral on my pick cause it was East Texas. However, when I heard it was Coach Little's last game I prayed that Henderson would win. I supported them and hoped they would win cause of the 16 AAA brethren...but Coach Little is a special coach, and I wanted him to have a ring. One of the best coaches I've ever officiated for. Congratulations to Chapel Hill. You boys don't have anything to hang your head about. Lot's of teams wished they could have experienced the things you have this year. Now.....if the Bulldogs can pull one more game together and win against Coldsprings, then that will give the UIL another problem in figuring out how to separate all these State Championship teams into different districts. That sounds funny doesn't it?

HENDERON LIONS 2010 3A DIVISION 1 STATE CHAMPS!

CONGRATULATIONS YA'LL DID GREAT!

Great post Mute!!! And it does feel good to be STATE CHAMPS!!!!!!

#11 from CH you have nothing to hang your head about. I watched all of you give it everything you got. Make no mistake.. I'm glad my Lions came out on top but you guys played your tails off and should still be holdong your heads high for a GREAT seaon and an AWESOME game. Lots of respect to all the CH players and to the crowd for all their support. Hope we meet again next year and hope it is as exciting a game as this one was!!

Now Lions.... Let's hit the hardwood and go get another Championship!!!

Can anyone tell me if you can take a tour of the Cowboy Stadium and if so, what has to be done in order to do that? Any info will help. Thanks. Oh by the way, Congrats to Henderson on a great WIN.

not unless you work with some part of the school and you happened to find a janitor that is bored.

CHILL WILL FLAT OUT ROLL THE LIONS!!! PERIOD!!!!!

Got to get this thread hyped up!! This is State, we are proud!!

Congrats to our neighbors, but this is all about us right now!! Lol

i want to thank evryone for coming to watch the state play off game. it was a tuff game from start to finnish.but the henderson state champion t-shirts are avalible at harris printing and most other retail stores in east texas. c-hills pre-made state champ t shirts can be found at goodwill..... haha we won. go lions!!!!! :thumbsup: