Red River County

BePhysical

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

DO you guys see very many bucks? we are not, mostly doe.

Every year is different. You will find that the mature bucks In northern RR county have a lot of mass. Many of the dear also have a blue gray tent to their fur. Seems like they have alittle different genetic background than the deer in surrounding counties. I have taken and seen several bucks from this arego between 180 and 200 lbs hoof weight

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes game wardens came out and they did some things to try and help out....but it comes down to manpower issue....one warden for all of red river cty ain't gonna workout to slow down poachers...so we did what we could to ###### em off....

• 3 weeks later...

nice

I live and hunt in RR Co.; Success depends on how the property and that around it being managed. Since the antler restrictions have been in place, bucks are getting better every year. Have property about 10 miles sw of Clarksville. Have probably seen 8-10 different bucks so far this year (on 150 acres), 4 or 5 are 8pt or better. Have been feeding protien year round for about 5 years now, plant wheat, oats and rye every year as well. If you are seeing doe, you will eventually see a buck of some kind. I always hope the big uns are following my doe. Field & Stream says 11/12 is the day to hunt all day long this year. Moon phases indicate the rut will be in full swing

Good Luck