Henderson Wins State !

eagles66

We know exactly how BOTH teams feel right now!

And sadly, I only know how Chapel Hill fans feel.

The feeling will get better with time!! Keep your heads up, y'all had a great season :)

Congrats to all of Henderson! Enjoy it!!

Congrats to the Team from Henderson Texas.....It feels good does'nt it.....Henderson, Texas you will always remember this...Now you can say State Champs 2010...You can join the other small East Texas Towns...With a Big ol Sign coming into Henderson Texas...That can say Henderson Lions Class 3-AAA Division 1 2010 Football Champions...Congrats to your Town..Your High School... and your Fans...Good job representing District 16-AAA...See you next year at Buckeye Stadium...

Dear TheresSnow...Joe Wylie is one of the greatest athletes to ever come through Henderson...former athletes like myself and the guys who just won a state championship owe a lot to him.

That being said...I believe I posted a lot about heart and determination in the threads about the game...

HEART WON!

Go Lions

Congrats to all the players and coaches. Coach Tanner has been there through some lean times. I am very happy to see him get a ring. He is a good coach and a better man. Still pulling for Carthage next week, but I am glad Henderson is no longer stuck between Carthage and Kilgore with no State Championship sign of their own.

Well played game Henderson!!! Congratultions from Gilmer. It is especially sweet that Coach Ken Little will get a ring before he retires. He has been a great coach and a great opponent.

The Buckeyes sympathize with your pain, Chapel Hill. We know how it feels since we are 2-2 on our state finals appearances.

For those looking ahead to Carthage as a state champion, first they have to take care of Brownwood, no easy task. Good luck, Bulldogs. East Texas is pulling for you.

Congratulations Henderson and bigpapabear!!!! From your old Kilgore Bulldog fan !!

Thank you. I really can't hardly believe it still. The first time we make the playoffs since my senior year and we win state. I have to say, I really like 3a. With that said, the drop down helped, but these players were what won this title. They have fought through injuries, large deficits in games, and questions about how good they really were all season. The heart and fight in this team is what amazes me the most and it makes it really easy to cheer for them. You can talk about athletes and speed all you want, but show me a team that will fight till the end no matter what and I will cheer them on regardless of their record. A special congratulations for Coach Tanner. He has been there for the Lions for around 30 years, and I can think of no one who deserves this more. Thank you Lions, coaches and players, for a great season. We will never forget it.

Henderson showed lots and lots of pride and swagger. I was so glad to see all the fans we brought to the game. My class was the beginning of the playoff drought and it was good to see us go in and in our first year back, WIN STATE! Coach Tanner has been at Henderson since my dad was in school there. It was very exciting to see such a deserving man be able to get a state championship ring. Craig Barker was very deserving too, he and Tanner have been at Henderson throughout the years. The rest of the coaching staff deserves lots of credit, they made these kids believe. They made an old Henderson alum believe. These kids deserve the most credit, when their backs were against the wall, they rose to the challenge. The Heart of a Lion beats strong! We're proud of you guys and so glad you brought that trophy back!

• 3 months later...