Texas Volleyball

bordertown

Congrats to those young ladies and the dozen or so fans that follow them.

LOL! That was pretty funny. I did go to some games when I was in school. It was fun simply because I was there with a bunch of friends and we would just get loud and rowdy.

Aggies would already be counting up the points for the "We Got The Best Athletic Program" in the country trophy.

LOL! That was pretty funny. I did go to some games when I was in school. It was fun simply because I was there with a bunch of friends and we would just get loud and rowdy.

Aggies would already be counting up the points for the "We Got The Best Athletic Program" in the country trophy.

Not to mention tall chics are hot!...lol

Just had to put that out there for absurdity....carry on!

We got some good points from the football team. How did the longhorns football squad finish up? :D

We got some good points from the football team. How did the longhorns football squad finish up? :D

The irony is that the Director's Cup began with the 1993-94 year. EVERY YEAR prior to last year Texas ranked not just higher, but much higher than A&M. UT has placed 2nd on many occasions - usually behind Stanford (Stanford competes in more sports). I think all but 3 times, UT has placed in the Top 10. Why is this ironic? Because I never even heard of the trophy until it was pushed down my throat by Aggies last year. Didn't think much of it because Aggies were struggling in football, and they needed something to hang their hat on. Then we find out Aggies finished so high mainly because of their women's program. I believe the men's program finished 18th with the whole program finishing 6th; so the women carried them.

Link to History of Director's Cup

The irony is that the Director's Cup began with the 1993-94 year. EVERY YEAR prior to last year Texas ranked not just higher, but much higher than A&M. UT has placed 2nd on many occasions - usually behind Stanford (Stanford competes in more sports). I think all but 3 times, UT has placed in the Top 10. Why is this ironic? Because I never even heard of the trophy until it was pushed down my throat by Aggies last year. Didn't think much of it because Aggies were struggling in football, and they needed something to hang their hat on. Then we find out Aggies finished so high mainly because of their women's program. I believe the men's program finished 18th with the whole program finishing 6th; so the women carried them.

Link to History of Director's Cup

The Men's and Women T&F Championships were a big "bragging" point last year for Ags

and what's wrong with women's sports? Are you a sexist? :icon_eek: jk jk