Steve Edmond please come to A&M!

texag12

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless of what the blog and recruiting outlets have been reporting - they have all been wrong by the way - Mack has consistenly said he will hire his coaches AFTER their bowl games. I know he has talked to many coaches about the openings, but he does not want to take away from a school's post season accomplishments. The only reason to rush and sign a DC/OC is to keep recruits in check. Recruits have been visited and spoken with... at this time only 1 has wavered on his verbal, and he still has Texas as #1.

Mack seems to be treating this the same way he treats verbal commitments. In other words, we'd like to have you at Texas, but you need to handle your business with your school first. He may in fact already have a couple of guys with a "verbal" commitment for OC/DC. We won't know until after they play their bowl games. As much as it is driving me crazy, I respect what he is doing because I absolutely hate when a coach takes another job prior to a bowl game and leaves his team hanging. I understand why they do it; I just don't like it.

If he is doing that, he sure isnt watching out for the horns. Lots of coaches and OC's and DC's leave before bowls, bowls dont matter, unless it is the two top BCS ones. More than likely, whoever he is in touch with is shopping a better deal, as they know mack is only one year away from being shown the door by the all too fickle horn fans.

If he is doing that, he sure isnt watching out for the horns. Lots of coaches and OC's and DC's leave before bowls, bowls dont matter, unless it is the two top BCS ones. More than likely, whoever he is in touch with is shopping a better deal, as they know mack is only one year away from being shown the door by the all too fickle horn fans.

Maybe, but maybe he's got an agreement with the coaches and they don't want to go public until the their bowl game is over. Mack has been known to do a few classy things in his past. On the other hand, you could be 100% correct on this one.