Daingerfield 33 Cameron Yoe 27 (Final)

IceCreamBoys

I was in the Marine Corp from 1981 - 1987 . My sister graduated from Dangerfield in 1986. The only games I got to see them play was in the 1983 Championship and the 1985 Championship games . Was over seas in 1984 or I would have been there. I have not been to a Dangerfield game since, but I am going to this years Championship game and I hope I make it 3 for 3 because every year that I went to the State Chapionship they have won. I hope it is worth the drive and is a good game and Dangerfield wins. Never Under Estimate the Heart of a Champion.

That is the part that no one understands. It does not really matter how good Yoe is they have not been there before and this group of kids from Daingerfield have been there so this will be just old hat to them. I believe you will see more fire from these kids come Saturday then has been seen all year. All of the rest of the games have just been a dress rehearsal for this game. The Heart of a Champion will take over and they will find a way to win. Sure it will be their hardest game, but that is what true champions do, they rise to the occasion and win the big games. The team that wants it the most will win. Been here done that should be worth at least 1 score so I do predict a 24 - 21 Daingerfield victory.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is the part that no one understands. It does not really matter how good Yoe is they have not been there before and this group of kids from Daingerfield have been there so this will be just old hat to them. I believe you will see more fire from these kids come Saturday then has been seen all year. All of the rest of the games have just been a dress rehearsal for this game. The Heart of a Champion will take over and they will find a way to win. Sure it will be their hardest game, but that is what true champions do, they rise to the occasion and win the big games. The team that wants it the most will win. Been here done that should be worth at least 1 score so I do predict a 24 - 21 Daingerfield victory.

I whole-heartedly agree with you about the experience factor. However, I for some reason don't feel like the score will be that close in the end! When you have two powerful teams like this meet up, specically in a big-time game like the state-championship, I think something will have to finally give for one of these two teams at some point. I will not say which team that will happen to, but I do beleive that the team who does win will do it by 14+! I just think with all the pressure and build up of this game, that the mojo will eventually get to rolling on one side or the other, and one of these teams will pull away in the end!

With two great defenses like these, there will be mistakes made. If either of these offenses get enough chances, they will finally find a way to cash in! I could be wrong, because alot of people have predicted it to be close untill the end, but with both teams running the spread, there will be alot of time for both defenses to be on the field. Something will have to give.

I whole-heartedly agree with you about the experience factor. However, I for some reason don't feel like the score will be that close in the end! When you have two powerful teams like this meet up, specically in a big-time game like the state-championship, I think something will have to finally give for one of these two teams at some point. I will not say which team that will happen to, but I do beleive that the team who does win will do it by 14+! I just think with all the pressure and build up of this game, that the mojo will eventually get to rolling on one side or the other, and one of these teams will pull away in the end!

With two great defenses like these, there will be mistakes made. If either of these offenses get enough chances, they will finally find a way to cash in! I could be wrong, because alot of people have predicted it to be close untill the end, but with both teams running the spread, there will be alot of time for both defenses to be on the field. Something will have to give.

I'm on board with that entire statement! :thumbsup:

Of course I am going to root for the Yoemen, just as you will root for the Tigers.........but dang if this isn't a close one! I think you are absolutely right, it will be close until a serious momentum shift, and then it will snowball. Could be Yoe, could be D-Field. We will know on Saturday! :sick:

Daingerfield Offensive Starters:

QB #2 Tyler Boyd Sr. 5-9 175

RB #5 Lamarce Lafayette Sr. 5-7 185

WR #8 Keyarris Garrett Sr. 6-5 185

WR #7 Edwin Mims So. 5-10 160

WR #10 Darrin Terry Jr. 5-10 160

WR #17 Jeremy Godbolt Jr. 5-10 170

RT #57 John Smith Jr. 6-0 205

RG #50 Jacoby Simpson So. 5-11 275

C #67 Jacoby Peters Sr. 5-11 185

LG #63 Adunte Lewis Sr. 5-10 210

LT #70 Shayvion Hatten Sr. 6-5 280

Daingerfield Defensive Starters:

S #8 Keyarris Garrett Sr. 6-5 185

SS #3 Dejon Mims Jr. 5-10 165

SS #11 Aaron Lewis Sr. 5-10 165

CB #21 David Mims Sr. 5-11 170

CB #24 Rueben Mims So. 5-8 150

OLB #22 Desmond Heath Jr. 5-8 170

MLB #1 Steve Edmond Sr. 6-3 235

OLB #55 Devin Smith Jr. 6-0 200

DE #70 Shayvion Hatten Sr. 6-5 280

NG #74 Jesse Hanson Jr. 5-10 270

DE #79 Donald Bryant Sr. 6-3 260

The highlighted players were the only consistent starters at these positions in 2009. I think that speaks volumes as to what this year's team has accomplished. There has been quite a few young kids step up, and many players have switched sides of the ball for the betterment of the TEAM.

I'm more proud of where this team has taken us than the previous two. The expectations these kids have had to deal with all year have been heavy. They've weathered the storm, fought there way to the last hurdle. Now they're 48 mins from the finish line.

I think we owe them the support they deserve, as a community we've got to get behind these great young men this weekend. Honestly, its been a lil quiet on the Tiger side here lately, we've gotten a lil too comfortable. I say this weekend we get crazy again. Show Yoe that we can still be hungry, I'm excited for this weekend, its feels like Mt. Pleasant week again. Any old school Tigers will know what I mean.

You may well be right and I have gone over this game so much in my head and have really been trying to get a handle on it. It is not very often that you see two spread team play against one another. I think back to all of the meetings that SS and Whitehouse have had over the past few years. The games go back and forth and then someone takes charge, but momentum in the spread can change so quickly that it is hard to pull completely away. I will say that I do think that I have come to one conclusion that I think that the team with the least amount of third downs will win the game. Third downs are very stressfull at this point for everyone, especially the kids that have not been in this situation before. It is like trying to make that 3 foot putt for everything, it looks easy but if you have never been there before man it is hard. I do feel like that Daingerfield has one other thing on their side, Tyler Boyd is one of the best leaders that I have seen on the football field. As long as he can stay strong and believe and not get down the team will be very hard to beat. Going to be very fun to watch all of the cat and mouse and drama that takes place on and off of the field. I would love to see Daingerfield open up the play book and give them a whole lot of stuff that no one has seen before and I would love to see pressure on defense from every direction.

Yoenation, out of all the teams the Yoe faced this year, what team had the best defense in your opinion? And which team had the best passing game?

That's hard to say. Are you asking who was the best going in or the best during the actualy game?. Numbers wise, Lago Vista SHOULD have been the best passing. They converted 50% of their passes into touchdowns. East Chambers looked amazing against Mcgregor. We were really worried going into that game. But we managed to contain them and advance. Tatum was a big shark in the tank.

In reality

Lago Vista had the best defense with alot of outstanding wrap up

Nobody really passed against us and most tried to run

D'field runs a spread like us. So they should be the best passing going here in the future

The word for today is SPEED..........Speed kill's.........D-field have more of it.............The footage don't lie..........I'm still sticking with my guns faithfully.......D-field have too much team speed over all........D-field by 20 plus.........end of story........The Yaymen of Cameron Joke are at the end of the road......... :banghead:

I would love to see Daingerfield open up the play book and give them a whole lot of stuff that no one has seen before and I would love to see pressure on defense from every direction.

Just so you know- Lago Vista opened up the play book and it didn't affect our defense. They even tried the old Belly Bumeroosky! When's the last time you've seen THAT run? I'm not saying that to be smart. But really, they pulled one that out of their backside

There were 2 Cameron Yoe coaches at our last game sitting in the press box. And I really studied their reactions...and let me tell you...their little pencils were feverishly writing...you could tell they were nervous just by their response to what Tyler Boyd can do....icon9.gif

There is no doubt about the heart of the TIGERS!! And I can't wait to see DField get that 3 peat...

Heard Cameron has pre-sold 20,000

:unsure: I don't know about that, but I guarantee they will sell every seat they are allotted. If you are a burglar, the optimum time to hit Cameron would be Saturday the 18th between the hours of 7p and 12a. There won't be a soul left in town!! That stadium is going to be a goat screw this weekend. :blink:

Just so you know- Lago Vista opened up the play book and it didn't affect our defense. They even tried the old Belly Bumeroosky! When's the last time you've seen THAT run? I'm not saying that to be smart. But really, they pulled one that out of their backside

I'm sure Lago Vista tried somewhat, but---when you run that Liberty Hill, Navarro style offense, you are kinda limited how far you can really open up the passing game. I know LV didn't go stread against ya. So, don't compare LV opening it up to Daingerfields. Not even close.

the "yoe crow diner" will be open at 7am sunday morning on the 19th,,slikk,franksnbeans,kevnasty,and 98crush will be your servers and the managers on duty will be killerb99 and jakebrake and yes the special of the day will be yoemen stew and yoe pot roast ,,yoemen green beans,, cameron cake,,

TNF, I have to give you some credit......you are making an attempt to use punctuation, and for that I applaud you.

As far as your level of humility......I'm still going to have to give you a zero.

Easy there big fella, let's let the warriors decide on the field, then you can either serve up the crow, or be prepared to have it crammed down your throat with a broomstick.

Don't feel bad buddy......you can go get a dictionary and look up humility. I know it has a lot of letters in it, but you'll be OK.

Losing fans of this game, might wanna check with the Brownwood fans over on 3ADL on how to eat crow. That was something else for several days after the BW Lion's loss.

I agree. Either way, the crow-fest after this game is going to be uglier than the original smack talking. That is why I stay out of it for the most part. You may have the best team in the world, but strange things happen. Whoever thought Appalachian State could have beat Michigan back in '07??

I say again......both teams are excellent, and it will be a shootout. I think it will be a very close game, I just don't know who will come out on top!! :banghead:

I agree. Either way, the crow-fest after this game is going to be uglier than the original smack talking. That is why I stay out of it for the most part. You may have the best team in the world, but strange things happen. Whoever thought Appalachian State could have beat Michigan back in '07??

I say again......both teams are excellent, and it will be a shootout. I think it will be a very close game, I just don't know who will come out on top!! :banghead:

I know who will come out on top----the fan's of either team. Hat's off to the boy's from both schools. Great year regardless. It is only a game afterall. Kid's not much older than these players are providing us this chance to watch ya'll, by fighting over in the Middle East on the front lines.

TNF, I have to give you some credit......you are making an attempt to use punctuation, and for that I applaud you.

As far as your level of humility......I'm still going to have to give you a zero.

Easy there big fella, let's let the warriors decide on the field, then you can either serve up the crow, or be prepared to have it crammed down your throat with a broomstick.

Don't feel bad buddy......you can go get a dictionary and look up humility. I know it has a lot of letters in it, but you'll be OK.

humilty is the feeling that yoe will feel at about 1030pm saturday night after the game and it also says humilty is what whosyoedaddy will feel after putting his hands down figgys purple thong and feeling how small the #### are and being disappointed that you lost to Daingerfield tigers afterall :rock:

humilty is the feeling that yoe will feel at about 1030pm saturday night after the game and it also says humilty is what is what whosyoedaddy will feel after puting his hands down figgys puprle thong and feeling how small the #### are and being disappointed that you lost to Daingerfield tigers afterall :rock:

Dude, surely you didn't go to Daingerfield High? One of those band wagon fan's that jump on when they started winning. As one that did go to Daingerfield, I apologize for this above post. Act like you been to state before TNF.

They don't moderate this chat site?

Dude, surely you didn't go to Daingerfield High? One of those band wagon fan's that jump on when they started winning. As one that did go to Daingerfield, I apoligize for this above post. Act like you been to state before TNF.

They don't moderate this chat site?

i did go to daingerfield highand i did play for the tigers and how could i have jumped on the band wagon when they started winning ......... i havent missed a tiger game win or lose since my 5th grade year so with that being said have fun thinking your are smarter than a 5th grader

It's hard for me to stay unbiased concerning the Tigers. I freely admit that and make no apologies. When Randy and I do our show, I try to be as objective as possible and always give proper respect to the other teams (by the way, we will do our show live at 9pm tomorrow night).

I haven't seen any film on Yoe yet other than last year's highlights and a few clips from this year. Although I'm hoping to see some film by Thursday.

Yoe will be the best team (not named Gilmer) that Daingerfield has faced in 3 years. From what I've seen and read, they remind me a lot of Daingerfield's team last year (if that tell's you anything).

Yoe's offense averages 391.86 yards/game (146.5 rushing and 245.36 passing)

Dfield's offense averages 399.86 yards/game (217.43 rushing and 182.43 rushing)

Defenses both look really good.

Yoe has an advantage in the special teams.

calpreps has the game CY 31 - DF 28. I think that is a little high scoring. More like 24-21 in my opinion. I could see either team winning. After seeing Tyler Boyd will his team to victory so many times over the last 3 years, I would never bet against him. But, Cameron Yoe has a great leader in Rhoades as well. I will not predict a winner in this one, only predict a great game.

Here is one thing I know for sure, Cameron Yoe is going to bring a huge crowd. I expect Daingerfield to bring a really good crowd as well. The Nation better be ready to get loud, because it is going to take a monumental effort by the kids on the field and the 12th man in the stands to get it done on Saturday.

well done and thanks.this should be a great game.