Daingerfield 33 Cameron Yoe 27 (Final)

IceCreamBoys

These are some of the folks who have been the first to sign up for the booster club buses because they can't/ won't drive the distances to Spring, Conroe, even Austin (just to save the parking stress). Some have been going to Yoe games for 50 years. But we don't bounce like we used to. Can't risk being in the standing room only area

so they are thinkgin of staying home- shame really

They are webcasting the game! I know that is no where the same, but it is better than nothing!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the parking issue will be worse than getting a seat in the stadium. Seeing how the lot at Newsome Stadium only parks 2500 vehicles. It will be a pain to some and all the shuffling they will be forced to endure to see this game if they don't get into the stadium lot.

The UIL said on KMIL this afternoon the overflow parking is at the middle school. It is in walking distance to the stadium or they can take the shuttles. Can anyone confirm the size of the middle school? How big will this place need to be to be considered an adaquate overflow?

They are webcasting the game! I know that is no where the same, but it is better than nothing!

Yep, I will be fresh off the deer stand, sitting around a campfire with a cold beer in my hand plugging in the air card on my laptop so I can get the skinny on the game.

And yes, I am hunting deep in East Texas, but that will in no way hamper my support for the Yoemen!!

Have you watched the Tiger's play this year?

no,but going to get the honor sat.just going by what some coaches have told me about the tigers but did see them at the regional track meet in whitehouse last spring.this is going to be a great game and have you seen yoe play?good luck to both teams.

Nope. It's like looking at someone's vacation pictures from Hawaii and saying you went on vacation with them. It's not the same. I'm sure you all now that feeling of adrenaline you get- putting those stadium seats in the trunk, getting out that jacket you wear ONLY to the games, putting the ticket in the front pocket of your shirt....... that is only topped by the sound of those pads and cleats hitting the field.. I think watching on a computer is more than a little bit of a let down. These are buddies who all sit around each other. Share jabs during the game. Pat each other's backs on good and bad plays. Sitting in a chair by the computer with the dog at your feet is not the same, I know ther has been jabs about the Yoe fans gushing over what huge fans we are for our teams. I could NEVER explain to you the heartbreak that is going into these descisions. It may be easy for you D'field fans to say that as you have been to the big game the past 2 years. It's been 29 years since we have had this gift

The UIL said on KMIL this afternoon the overflow parking is at the middle school. It is in walking distance to the stadium or they can take the shuttles. Can anyone confirm the size of the middle school? How big will this place need to be to be considered an adaquate overflow?

I looked on Google Earth and I can identify two schools in some kind of proximity to Newsom Stadium. They seem to have ample parking, but I wouldn't exactly consider them "walking distance." They are both easily more than half a mile away from the stadium. Not exactly a fun walk back to your car in the dark at 10:00pm in the howling wind and the cold. ESPECIALLY if your team lost!!

If you are hardcore, and the main lot really does fill up.......if you are a trooper and want to walk, Walnut Ridge Baptist Church is much closer and they have a darn big parking lot too. All the Baptists will be at Hooters on Saturday, so the parking lot will be empty!! :smirk:

Nope. It's like looking at someone's vacation pictures from Hawaii and saying you went on vacation with them. It's not the same. I'm sure you all now that feeling of adrenaline you get- putting those stadium seats in the trunk, getting out that jacket you wear ONLY to the games, putting the ticket in the front pocket of your shirt....... that is only topped by the sound of those pads and cleats hitting the field.. I think watching on a computer is more than a little bit of a let down. These are buddies who all sit around each other. Share jabs during the game. Pat each other's backs on good and bad plays. Sitting in a chair by the computer with the dog at your feet is not the same, I know ther has been jabs about the Yoe fans gushing over what huge fans we are for our teams. I could NEVER explain to you the heartbreak that is going into these descisions. It may be easy for you D'field fans to say that as you have been to the big game the past 2 years. It's been 29 years since we have had this gift

I totally agree! However, you and I both know that it will be a mess at Mansfield on Saturday! If this wasn't the big-game, i might be tempted to watch it from home myself!

Have you watched the Tiger's play this year?

I have Buddy and to tell you the TRUTH I don't think they are anything that Special!

If Tatum would have been in your Region it would be Tatum and Yoe playing this Saturday in Mansfield

AND

That DFIELDFAN is the TRUTH!

I have Buddy and to tell you the TRUTH I don't think they are anything that Special!

If Tatum would have been in your Region it would be Tatum and Yoe playing this Saturday in Mansfield

AND

Well let me remind you Yoediddy, it's not Tatum they are playing on Saturday night, it is who it is! You can think Yoe has already won the Title already because they beat Tatum all you want! But I bet your coaches and players are not preparing that way! Bet that!!!

The TRUTH will be revealed on Saturday night!!!

I don't think you can handle THE TRUTH!!!

Yoe fans can say what they want! They can compare schedules, stats, or Mrs. Cleo's 1-900-000-0000 physic-hot-line for that matter. The sad truth is, DF is not the team(playing good or bad), that any 2A school wants to meet up with in the State-Finals! You and I both know that they have all the ingredients to hang with anybody on anyday, anywhere in 2A football! They very well could show up on Saturday night, and not play well, and get beat! Or, they could show up and bring a beat-down with them!

The Yoe fans has heard all the other opinions of other fans of teams that have played DF this year, they have looked at stats and checked the DF schedule! They have seen a loss to Gilmer, a team that Tatum beat, and a very close LFD score! They have heard DF critics question DF's conditioning, desire, and team-play! Everything points to an easy victory for the Yoe!

However, deep down in all true Yoe fans hearts, there is this nagging little sick feeling, that keeps them up at night. They keep going over it and over it, but they still can't get the peace that they think they should have! They tell themselves, we beat the #1 team in 2a this year, and did it convincingly. Nobody has challenged this Yoe team this year. This has to be our year, right?

Well, the truth is, Yoe has drawn the Daingerfield Tigers! The two-time defending back-to- back State-Champs! They have their 3 year starting QB running the show! He won a state-ring before he even had his driver's license! They have a defense that has not allowed more than 21 points to be scored, and has not suffered a loss at the hands of any 2a school in three years! They have mad skills, and speed to burn! They only know one thing, get it done!!!

Maybe this is why you Yoe fan's can't sleep! Because deep down, their is that nagging thought: IS ALL THE HYPE FOR REAL??? YOU YOE FANS WILL FIND OUT SOON ENOUGH! "sweet-dreams"

AND

Bwahahahahahahahahaa.

hehehehehehe

hahahahahaha

You are HILARIOUS.

Nothing special?

Like the dude said earlier, your team hasn't sniffed a state championship in 29 years. Daingerfield is the back to back state champions and playing for their third in as many years. Nothing special? Really?

delusional1.jpg

Talked to a few of the starters today and let's just say they are feelin very confident and very up beat..Tiger Nation I think we will be in for a treat this weekend..Alot of focus & they know they have the support of the whole Tiger Nation! GO BIG BLUE! :thumbsup:

Yoe fans can say what they want! They can compare schedules, stats, or Mrs. Cleo's 1-900-000-0000 physic-hot-line for that matter. The sad truth is, DF is not the team(playing good or bad), that any 2A school wants to meet up with in the State-Finals! You and I both know that they have all the ingredients to hang with anybody on anyday, anywhere in 2A football! They very well could show up on Saturday night, and not play well, and get beat! Or, they could show up and bring a beat-down with them!

The Yoe fans has heard all the other opinions of other fans of teams that have played DF this year, they have looked at stats and checked the DF schedule! They have seen a loss to Gilmer, a team that Tatum beat, and a very close LFD score! They have heard DF critics question DF's conditioning, desire, and team-play! Everything points to an easy victory for the Yoe!

However, deep down in all true Yoe fans hearts, there is this nagging little sick feeling, that keeps them up at night. They keep going over it and over it, but they still can't get the peace that they think they should have! They tell themselves, we beat the #1 team in 2a this year, and did it convincingly. Nobody has challenged this Yoe team this year. This has to be our year, right?

Well, the truth is, Yoe has drawn the Daingerfield Tigers! The two-time defending back-to- back State-Champs! They have their 3 year starting QB running the show! He won a state-ring before he even had his driver's license! They have a defense that has not allowed more than 21 points to be scored, and has not suffered a loss at the hands of any 2a school in three years! They have mad skills, and speed to burn! They only know one thing, get it done!!!

Maybe this is why you Yoe fan's can't sleep! Because deep down, their is that nagging thought: IS ALL THE HYPE FOR REAL??? YOU YOE FANS WILL FIND OUT SOON ENOUGH! "sweet-dreams"

Now that was a post. :notworthy:

Talked to a few of the starters today and let's just say they are feelin very confident and very up beat..Tiger Nation I think we will be in for a treat this weekend..Alot of focus & they know they have the support of the whole Tiger Nation! GO BIG BLUE! :thumbsup:

Yeah baby, thats what im talking about! No way these kids lose this game. I think they will play the best game they have played all year. They just look bored out there alot of times, but the combination of playing a good team and it being the state game, i look forward to seeing these guys fire on all cyclinders Saturday. Bring it home boys, show everyone that we are still THE TEAM TO BEAT.

AND

If we are nothing special, and we hand you your ace, what does that make you?

It should be a great game. Our Yoemen are also very focused, very loose and ready to play. I don't think it would be very smart for either side to declare victory til the last tick goes off that game clock

You know, I was just reminded of something. They always say you should be cautious of the new young team that have never "been there". There is no pressure on them to prove a point. There is no pressure on them to perform as well as the past. The new young guys have nothing to prove. They are just happy to be there. You see it in alot of pro sports. The young loose team who are wet behind the ears can sometimes be the hardest to beat. They have nothing to prove. They're just along for the ride so they aren't easily shaken. Just stating what I'm sure alot of ya'll have seen- never count out those who dont expect anything more than a fun time

You know, I was just reminded of something. They always say you should be cautious of the new young team that have never "been there". There is no pressure on them to prove a point. There is no pressure on them to perform as well as the past. The new young guys have nothing to prove. They are just happy to be there. You see it in alot of pro sports. The young loose team who are wet behind the ears can sometimes be the hardest to beat. They have nothing to prove. They're just along for the ride so they aren't easily shaken. Just stating what I'm sure alot of ya'll have seen- never count out those who dont expect anything more than a fun time

You can try that one with the players, but when that ball is kicked off for the first time it is going to be slick as glass and your legs are going to be like jello. Each one of those newbies are going to feel very sick inside, they do not want to be the one that makes a mistake, so rather then try to jump that route, rather then try to squeeze that ball into coverage, rather then try to get that extra yardage, they are going to be very cautious. Make no mistake about it, if you have never been in ths situation, it will be gut wrenching, pucker up time, heart beating 100 miles per hour, want your legs to move but they will not time. These are young kids and at times they may have ice water in their veins, but this will probably not be one of those times. Even the Rangers were very loose in all of their world series games, but when the games started you could see the nerves. By the way Cameron is the favorite for this game, they are suppose to win by all indications, so they will be the one that will be pressing the most. As I have said before, the team that handles the nerves of each and every third down that they face will win this game, this is where the mistakes are going to be made on both sides of the ball. I see a game for the ages, but Daingerfield has their rings so I still believe most of the pressure will be on Cameron.

cameron has seen a team like daingerfield - tatum.after watching gilmer play,i promise you cameron is right there with them and i would pick cameron to beat them.for those who dont know -the yoe can go!

To say we're like Tatum couldnt be further from the truth. Yeah, athletically we are prob alot like Tatum, but at the skill positions we are vastly superior. Tatum is one dimensional, yeah maybe they can pass a lil, but we are 50/50. Can't take one away from us, we'll go to the other. Alot like Yoe, that's why we're the last two standing.

Tatum has the style of play Gilmer struggles with, every descent run based team Gilmer played they lost. Tough to beat Gilmer at their own game, thats why we have so much trouble with em. Styles make fights, so lets not go basing a state title game on what happened in non-district.

Two great teams, throw the records away, forget the past and lets play sum foosball.

..........Maybe this is why you Yoe fan's can't sleep! Because deep down, their is that nagging thought: IS ALL THE HYPE FOR REAL??? YOU YOE FANS WILL FIND OUT SOON ENOUGH! "sweet-dreams"

Yoe fans can't sleep??? Why are you the one posting this drivel at almost midnight, and no Yoe fans even paid any attention to you until the next morning??? Ummmm, maybe because we were sleeping comfortably. You are the one that is worried, and you are the one trying to rationalize a million things and talk yourself into a victory before the game has even started.

D-Field is a great team, I think that is a given, but at least give Cameron some credit. Our kids will show up to play too.

When the scoreboard says 4th QTR 0:00, we will all know the truth, and to the victor goes the spoils!