Daingerfield 33 Cameron Yoe 27 (Final)

IceCreamBoys

Tatum is not a spread team. And, didn't try to spread you guys out from what I understand.

Navasota scored 20 points in the first 3 quarters, so it wasn't just a matter of your defense getting tired.

I agree EC ran the ball with their QB out of the spread, and a lot of those yards came in the 4th quarter.

Yoe hasn't faced a receiver like Garrett or a quarterback as good as Boyd all year. Is that safe to say?

My point with Tatum was that they focused on ball control and it almost got the best of us. I didn't say they ran the spread. Ball control is the key if you ask me. If it's a passing game, this score will go sky on both sides. As I said, we aren't the best passing defense in the state and I believe we have too many good receivers for D'field to cover them all. I have said I wish we had a power runner. We've got Kelly and he's has his moments. If you look at our receivers, there is no consistancy in which player is the go to guy. Rinn has made some great plays. Zach Brashear has come on strong when Westbrook gets covers. Quinn Haynes has been very production and DD is our main guy. I don't believe we will be able to completely stop D'field's passing game. But I also know they will not shut our guys out either. This will be a close game but the sore could get really high

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is when the QB draw from the gun/spread comes in. I'm sure you'll see it used this coming Saturday.

Yoe runs that too. Our guys have been practicing against it all year. That's why this game is going to be so good. These teams are mirrors and I believe either team could win

If your Yoe fans are anything like Gilmers, it will be impressive. Last year at the Cuero/Gilmer game (only time I seen Gilmer), it was like the fan's go to yell practice to get it all down at the same time. And, very, very loud. Kinda intimidating I must say.

The head of the UIL came on KMIL this afternoon and said we have currently sold 3 times the presale tickets as D'field. Of course we have almost twice the population they have. But we have some mommas with loud voices who aren't afraid to cheer for their kids, their neighbors kids and the girls they went to kindergarten with's kids. My wife could be downright embarrassing with as loud as she is through the ENTIRE game. If I hadn't been married to her for 45 years and know how she is, I might be inclined to ask her to dial it down. But I like being married!

If your Yoe fans are anything like Gilmers, it will be impressive. Last year at the Cuero/Gilmer game (only time I seen Gilmer), it was like the fan's go to yell practice to get it all down at the same time. And, very, very loud. Kinda intimidating I must say.

I know it was along time ago, but fans are always fans. When we played Gilmer for State we had almost twice the crowd. Our band (I know. This is not a band contest) has almost 100 members and they play almost the whole game. We will be loud. Our boys need us right? :)

The head of the UIL came on KMIL this afternoon and said we have currently sold 3 times the presale tickets as D'field. Of course we have almost twice the population they have. But we have some mommas with loud voices who aren't afraid to cheer for their kids, their neighbors kids and the girls they went to kindergarten with's kids. My wife could be downright embarrassing with as loud as she is through the ENTIRE game. If I hadn't been married to her for 45 years and know how she is, I might be inclined to ask her to dial it down. But I like being married!

Daingerfield has as many fans outside of Daingerfield that will be at the game as live in Daingerfield. So we will be there in force when the game starts. Plus we have to save up our money all week so we can go buy the tickets, we are poor country folk. Give us time we will catch up.

I know there are starters on D'field's team who were on last year's championship team. How many were starters in last years game? Just curious if any one has those numbers. I know they lost some great players to graduation. Not knocking this year's crop. Just wondering

Daingerfield has as many fans outside of Daingerfield that will be at the game as live in Daingerfield. So we will be there in force when the game starts. Plus we have to save up our money all week so we can go buy the tickets, we are poor country folk. Give us time we will catch up.

Funny. Besides the one Rockdale fan on this board who doesn't want Cameron to win ( :) ) we have alot of folks like that too. I expect alot of football fans from the area will be watching this great game. And Lexington is close- really close to us. And they will already be in the stands and won't have to make the trip for just one game. We have several alumni groups getting together for reunions and making it an all weekend thing. That's why the UIL has been updating everyone daily on KMILon the seating situation. They have admitted we will outsell our area and are suggesting we sit on the D'field side. What a mess that will be! Tiger fans be nice to old folks wearing maroon and gray ok? It may be me and the wife!

I know there are starters on D'field's team who were on last year's championship team. How many were starters in last years game? Just curious if any one has those numbers. I know they lost some great players to graduation. Not knocking this year's crop. Just wondering

Go back a few pages, I addressed that yest. I guesstimated 4 on each side of the ball.

In all honesty, I will be there at 2:00. I will have a seat on the Lexinton/Cameron side. I just want you D'field fans to know what the UIL's solution to this is. Also know they are telling our fans there will be seats on your side to be had if needed. You may have a maroon and gray brother next to you. So be nice, they may be someone's grandparents!

3 starters on offense, started in the same positions in last year's championship game:

WR - Garrett

LT - Hatten

QB - Boyd

2 starters on defense, started in the same positions in last year's state game:

LB - Edmond

CB - Mims

3 players started the game last year at different positions than the ones they will be starting at on Sat.

DE - Bryant (started at Right Offensive Tackle last year)

SS - Lewis (started at Corner Back last year)

NG - Hanson (started at Right Offensive Guard last year)

A total of 8 starters from this year's team started in last year's state game.

2 other players got a lot of playing time. (LG- Lewis; RB - Lafayette)

4 starters from this year's team also started in the 2008 state game:

QB - Boyd

WR - Garrett

LB - Edmond (started at DE)

DE - Bryant

and Hatten played the majority of the 2008 game at LT, although I don't believe he started.

In all honesty, I will be there at 2:00. I will have a seat on the Lexinton/Cameron side. I just want you D'field fans to know what the UIL's solution to this is. Also know they are telling our fans there will be seats on your side to be had if needed. You may have a maroon and gray brother next to you. So be nice, they may be someone's grandparents!

Knowing some of these DF fans, having some blue hairs from their opponent sitting by them isn't wise. UIL can screw up more stuff. Let these schools decide where they want to play. Same UIL that want's to take over HS football officials (TASO) in the state. Good grief, can you imagine that. Hope TASO wins this lawsuit.

What they do not understand and what you do not understand is that we will fill up most of our side if not all of our side. I would say that more then half of the fans that will be there to root for Daingerfield do not live in Daingerfield to buy the presold tickets. People that set behind a desk and have no real clue. This is going to be a nightmare, I would give up my seat before I would make someone have to set on the opposition side, it will not be fun.

What they do not understand and what you do not understand is that we will fill up most of our side if not all of our side. I would say that more then half of the fans that will be there to root for Daingerfield do not live in Daingerfield to buy the presold tickets. People that set behind a desk and have no real clue. This is going to be a nightmare, I would give up my seat before I would make someone have to set on the opposition side, it will not be fun.

I agree with this. It's on the UIL hands should something go wrong. Been warned.

Don't get me wrong. I'm all for those who seen their team play in game 1 or 2 being moved from the prime location 30 yd line to 30 yd line, for the fan's of DF and Cameron. We should be able to see our school from a good location.

Now, UIL is telling Cameron fan's, they can sit on DF side. Not good, or wise. Someone will get hurt I assure you.

Go back a few pages, I addressed that yest. I guesstimated 4 on each side of the ball.

Thanks! These threads get long and my mind isn't as fresh as it used to be. The reason I asked is that D'field was not picked to even make it half this deep in many polls. I'm sure that's why and also why I don't put alot of faith in polls. If you didn't remind me though, I would think from some of these posts even the fans in the stands played in those past two championships! Not knocking the past rings. But it is nice to know I don't have to worry about YTDog dropping 4 scores on us!!!

Don't get me wrong. I'm all for those who seen their team play in game 1 or 2 being moved from the prime location 30 yd line to 30 yd line, for the fan's of DF and Cameron. We should be able to see our school from a good location.

Now, UIL is telling Cameron fan's, they can sit on DF side. Not good, or wise. Someone will get hurt I assure you.

I agree. I told him as much too! Not that I expect either fans to come in with attititude or anger. But as we can tell from these pusts, we both are very protecive of our teams

What they do not understand and what you do not understand is that we will fill up most of our side if not all of our side. I would say that more then half of the fans that will be there to root for Daingerfield do not live in Daingerfield to buy the presold tickets.

He told me it was based on past D'field game attendance and ticket sales. I don't put alot of faith in that. But he said the numbers should be accurate

Funny. Besides the one Rockdale fan on this board who doesn't want Cameron to win ( :) ) we have alot of folks like that too. I expect alot of football fans from the area will be watching this great game. And Lexington is close- really close to us. And they will already be in the stands and won't have to make the trip for just one game. We have several alumni groups getting together for reunions and making it an all weekend thing. That's why the UIL has been updating everyone daily on KMILon the seating situation. They have admitted we will outsell our area and are suggesting we sit on the D'field side. What a mess that will be! Tiger fans be nice to old folks wearing maroon and gray ok? It may be me and the wife!

There will be very few seats, if any, on the Daingerfield side.

I wonder how many people are planning on going to both the Carthage game (4pm @ Cowboy Stadium) and the Daingerfield game (8pm @ Vernon Newsom).

Both Coldspring and Carthage run the ball a lot. The game should be over by 6:30. The celebration should be over by 7:00. Cowboy Stadium is 14.4 miles from Vernon Newsom. It would probably take about 25 minutes to get to Mansfield. That puts folks there around 7:30. There could be some late arrivals for a game theoldcoach.com has called: the best game of the weekend, regardless of classification.

Thanks! These threads get long and my mind isn't as fresh as it used to be. The reason I asked is that D'field was not picked to even make it half this deep in many polls. I'm sure that's why and also why I don't put alot of faith in polls. If you didn't remind me though, I would think from some of these posts even the fans in the stands played in those past two championships! Not knocking the past rings. But it is nice to know I don't have to worry about YTDog dropping 4 scores on us!!!

All do respect sir, just don't try sitting on the DF side in what will be a heated game. Not I, but---some will not like this I assure you. UIL should be ashamed telling people from Cameron this.

UIL say's we will have open seats on our side, there will not be any. A lot of Tiger Nation, such as I from back in the day, not living in Daingerfield any longer, will be there to fill Newsome Stadium home stands up, and spill over to our alloted endzone.

There will be very few seats, if any, on the Daingerfield side.

I wonder how many people are planning on going to both the Carthage game (4pm @ Cowboy Stadium) and the Daingerfield game (8pm @ Vernon Newsom).

Both Coldspring and Carthage run the ball a lot. The game should be over by 6:30. The celebration should be over by 7:00. Cowboy Stadium is 14.4 miles from Vernon Newsom. It would probably take about 25 minutes to get to Mansfield. That puts folks there around 7:30. There could be some late arrivals for a game theoldcoach.com has called: the best game of the weekend, regardless of classification.

If im not mistaken. Carthage plays Friday nite and D'Field plays Saturday nite.