Winningest Texas High School QB of All Time

franksnbeans

1 hour ago, ANTI said:

We still have 2019 to do.. 

But Haynes King is a missed FG away from possibly leading Longview up to 3 titles. 

26-1 as starter.

Should've been starter from the beginning of the 2017 season....but ya know.

2 hours ago, ANTI said:

We still have 2019 to do.. 

But Haynes King is a missed FG away from possibly leading Longview up to 3 titles. 

26-1 as starter.

He will go down as one of the best to do it. With HK healthy there is a very good chance he improves that record to 42-1. Longview going back to back. A balanced Longview team with that running game coming into the season on a 16 game win streak is scary. 

Ready for August.

• Like 2

On 12/20/2010 at 11:00 PM, franksnbeans said:

I've been trying to confirm this.

I can't seem to find the answer.

Does anyone know?

Graham Harrell (Ennis) was 41-3 as a starter with one state title.

Stump Godfrey (Gilmer) was 41-3 as a starter with one state title.

Cashas Pollard (Tatum) was 41-4 as a starter with two state titles.

Garrett Gilbert (Lake Travis) was 39-4 as a starter with two state titles.

Tyler Boyd was 44-3 as a starter with three state titles.

I believe this may be the most wins by a Texas High School QB.

Looking for confirmation.

What about the Allen QB (Murray), didn’t he win three strait state championships, going undefeated three years in a row. 

Man, does this thread bring back some fond memories....  I miss some of the posters that used to post around here....

Eventually, there will be somebody so electric that they will start as a freshman, and win 4 straight titles....:woot:, while going 16-0 each season.  We may not see it in our lifetime, but...

24 minutes ago, blackflag79 said:

Man, does this thread bring back some fond memories....  I miss some of the posters that used to post around here....

Eventually, there will be somebody so electric that they will start as a freshman, and win 4 straight titles....:woot:, while going 16-0 each season.  We may not see it in our lifetime, but...

Man, I don't know, with things being what they are, it's hard to imagine a scenario where that all comes together. With players transferring over coaching changes, and coaches being hired/fired because they didn't play the board member's kid, it's gonna take the planets aligning in a rare way...  I think Roshaud Paul was maybe our last chance at that kind of continual dominance.

Pretty much the only scenario it could work would be if an entrenched big name coach (see: King, Surratt, etc.) has a preternaturally talented son who's so exceptional that he's able to start as a freshman without causing strife among upperclassmen (or their daddies).

But even then (hard as it may be to believe) there's a potential for drama. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AKA said:

Pretty much the only scenario it could work would be if an entrenched big name coach (see: King, Surratt, etc.) has a preternaturally talented son who's so exceptional that he's able to start as a freshman without causing strife among upperclassmen (or their daddies).

Agreed. Even with Haynes, there was drama.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, AKA said:

Man, I don't know, with things being what they are, it's hard to imagine a scenario where that all comes together. With players transferring over coaching changes, and coaches being hired/fired because they didn't play the board member's kid, it's gonna take the planets aligning in a rare way...  I think Roshaud Paul was maybe our last chance at that kind of continual dominance.

If, and that’s a big if, it happens it will be in the lower classifications.  The number of freshman who could handle the speed of the game, the pressure applied, and the physicality in the larger classifications would be extremely small.

• Like 1

On 12/21/2010 at 1:00 PM, franksnbeans said:

Thanks. I appreciate the information. I figured someone from Celina might hold the record.

I'm curious though. Where did you get the information? The UIL does not keep individual records.

Yes, they do keep individual records.  You can look up the record for the top ten in every stat in Texas High School Football.

4 minutes ago, HulaKat said:

Yes, they do keep individual records.  You can look up the record for the top ten in every stat in Texas High School Football.

Well, DC Texas Football Magazine many other sources do...  I was mistaken... lol

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 7:45 AM, DawgNation2015 said:

If, and that’s a big if, it happens it will be in the lower classifications.  The number of freshman who could handle the speed of the game, the pressure applied, and the physicality in the larger classifications would be extremely small.

Exactly.  IF it happens, it would most assuredly be at a lower classification, and probably 2A.

1 hour ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Was Northshore’s QB a sophomore last year? Too lazy to look, but I wanna say he was. If so he is going to have a heck of a career. 

Believe he was a JR. Know he returns next season but believe he’ll be a senior.