MTV and R&R HOF are still morons

cheaptrick77

According to those humans of high musical integrity over at MTV, LL Cool J :ermm: was “snubbed” by the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame:

http://newsroom.mtv.com/2010/12/15/rock-an...e-neil-diamond/

Huh? Snubbed? Why was he even considered?

That’s right: nothing says “Rock & Roll” like LL Cool J :getlost:

At least the R&R HOF finally got it right with Alice Cooper, but don’t talk to me about “snubs”:

Cheap Trick

Rush

Deep Purple

Thin Lizzy

Judas Priest

Iron Maiden

KISS

At least the R&R HOF finally got it right with Alice Cooper, but don’t talk to me about “snubs”:

Cheap Trick

Rush

Deep Purple

Thin Lizzy

Judas Priest

Iron Maiden

KISS

Are you really considering Cheap Trick a R&R HofF inductee material?.....lol I mean I can see the others.

Why Rush should get in on their sheer masculine vocals! That'll probably get me banned!...lol

Cheap Trick should be a slam dunk ... I know, I know ... casual fans will base their whole career on their biggest hit: the inexcusable "The Flame" ... which is completely unfair. Their body of work, influence & longevity on a high level of musicianship make them more than "worthy".

Cheap Trick should be a slam dunk ... I know, I know ... casual fans will base their whole career on their biggest hit: the inexcusable "The Flame" ... which is completely unfair. Their body of work, influence & longevity on a high level of musicianship make them more than "worthy".

I've said it before and I'll say it again, "The Flame" is their best song! Didn't it sale more than any of their others?

HEHE....I should dismiss myself from this argument before my YOUTH gives way to my ignorance....lol

:nowhearthis: LL Cool J got snubbed....Give me a break. Start a rap HOF and put all them suckers in there.

With that being said there is no logical reason why Deep Purple and Thin Lizzy are not in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Never understood Tom Waits. I dont think Tom Waits even understands Tom Waits. Who is Darlene Love? Dr. John? He did " Cover of the Rolling Stone" right, maybe? LL Cool J has no business in the R&R HOF. That would be like putting Brett Favre in the baseball HOF because he threw a ball.

There are so many bands from the 70's that are overlooked. Alice should have been in years ago, while his influence has brought about some horrible bands he has to get a nod. I'll even agree with Neil Diamond. I'm not a huge fan of his, but he did write some great songs. I think many of the 70's bands are going to be done with, and their window has passed.

Cheapy I had a thought. Let's start a real music hall of fame. And let's stick with it. We won't add people who don't adhere to our standards. It sickens me that LL Cool J would even be mentioned. I assume he is a good rapper, but a rocker he is not. To induct him is to slap John Lennon, Elvis Presley, and all the other truly great ones across the face.

Cheapy I had a thought. Let's start a real music hall of fame. And let's stick with it. We won't add people who don't adhere to our standards. It sickens me that LL Cool J would even be mentioned. I assume he is a good rapper, but a rocker he is not. To induct him is to slap John Lennon, Elvis Presley, and all the other truly great ones across the face.

With such an eclectic taste in music, I would hate to see Cheapy's stringents.......hehe

Basically, anyone popular wouldn't get in....lol

In the spirit of Christmas I'm gonna lay off the R&RHOF - as for MTV ---No Comment.

We are overlooking one very important 2011 Inductee - as did the piece Cheapy posted.

Why hasn't this been morely widely publicized?

:nowhearthis: ATTENTION SHOPPERS!!!!

2011 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Inductee

LEON RUSSELL :woohoo:

It's about #### time!!!!!! :happy65:

I'm still in shocked that Leon's induction was "snubbed" by Cheapy. :rant: But Merry Christmas anyway!

coltsboy -- I would be satisfied if they simply changed the name of the current R&R HOF to something else, because you are correct: a Hall Of Fame with Rock And Roll in its tile AND with an inductee such as Run-DMC :ermm: (I still can't believe they are members) IS a slap in the face to Elvis Presley, Buddy Holly and Chuck Berry.

...speaking of Leon Russell -- has anyone heard his latest LP with Elton John? I have only heard great things about it :)

I've said it before and I'll say it again, "The Flame" is their best song! Didn't it sale more than any of their others?

HEHE....I should dismiss myself from this argument before my YOUTH gives way to my ignorance....lol

Yep! Youth = Ignorance! (Had to get you on that Highrollin!)

:nowhearthis: LL Cool J got snubbed....Give me a break. Start a rap HOF and put all them suckers in there.

With that being said there is no logical reason why Deep Purple and Thin Lizzy are not in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

There already is a Rap Music Hall of Fame - in fact, there is one in each of our 50 states! It is called the State Penitentary!

There already is a Rap Music Hall of Fame - in fact, there is one in each of our 50 states! It is called the State Penitentary!

HAHA!! Thanks DieHard, that was a good laugh.

I have to agree with HighRollin though on CT.....they blow, and the Flame was their best song.

That comment was more in reflection of Cheapy's age....lol

And I think RunDMC is only considered for Walk this Way because of the collaboration with Aerosmith. Which is a good song by the way. Oh and I'm 35 by the way......hehe

That comment was more in reflection of Cheapy's age....lol

And I think RunDMC is only considered for Walk this Way because of the collaboration with Aerosmith. Which is a good song by the way. Oh and I'm 35 by the way......hehe

Still alot younger than me Highrollin! LOL

Of course, Cheapy is a CT homer so i cna see him wanting them in...however, there is absolutely no reason why Rush & KISS are not in the HOF - except for the fact that the MT/HOF people are high on crack and wouldn't know good rock & roll if Gene Simmons went up to them & bit there heads off!

Still alot younger than me Highrollin! LOL

Maybe so, but I'm willing to bet I've lived the life of an old man in my short time. Health wise.

Honestly though, I don't even know who all is in the R&R Hall of fame. I don't really care either. Good music to me, is good music, if it's country, rock and roll, or whatever! Louis Armstrong is one of the greatest and he's Jazz. Music is one of the great creations of humans that know's no prejudice. If it's good, it's just good!

OOO ... you poor misguided soul! Since it is Christmas time, I will leave it at that! :rofl:

What other Cheap Trick song was voted rocks 100 greatest ballads? I believe both MTV and VH1 as well as Rolling Stone agree's on this. I rest my case!....lol

Just to add, I mean I could understand if you was a fan of a REAL band like Ratt.....lol

I think I stumped the "schwab"....hehe

Hey, I did a search on um, uh a somewhat legal music download program, and I saw Cheap Trick did a cover for AC/DC's Highway to Hell. I'll take back my disrespectful comments now! Anyone smart enough to pay homage to AC/DC cant all be bad!.... :notworthy:

Oh yeah ... MTV, VH1, Rolling Stone -- all three MECCAS of musical integrity! :whome:

THIS is the best Cheap Trick ballad:

REAL rockstars there. Performing in leisure suits..... :whome:

Come on man!! The Flame is one of those timeless songs thats still good to this day! I mean guys still practice this song on guitar for the girlfriends. It was one of the very first songs I learned!