MTV and R&R HOF are still morons

cheaptrick77

My favorite CheapTrick tune is the revamped version of Dream Police for the Audi commercial!!!

<<<<-------- Green Police (betcha didn't see that coming?) :rofl:

I don't think Kiss will ever get in the R&RHOF - I mean other than Ace - who has any actual musical talent? Maybe when the HOF has a "It's about the money not the music" catagory.

As for RUSH - They should get in because of their versatility in adapting to the changing R&R music industry over the years.

...and I'm a bigger KISS fan than Rush fan.

Camuchs,

As long as #### groupsRun DMC and Grand Master Flash are in the R&R HOF and ROCK BANDS like Rush, KISS and especially my favorite group of all time - BOSTON is not in the Hall - I will continue to argue that it is nothing but a bunch of crack smokers who nominate & vote!

other than Ace - who has any actual musical talent?

Go back & listen to their first three LPs -- before the whole KISS ARMY corporate phenomenon began. Gene's bass playing is incredible on those albums ... Peter Criss was BY FAR the best vocalist in the band ... Paul Stanley is a solid songwriter.

I agree that they fell into their own charactertures in the 1980s, but IMHO, their 1970s material was as musically solid as anything recorded during that time.

Camuchs,

As long as #### groupsRun DMC and Grand Master Flash are in the R&R HOF and ROCK BANDS like Rush, KISS and especially my favorite group of all time - BOSTON is not in the Hall - I will continue to argue that it is nothing but a bunch of crack smokers who nominate & vote!

Oh, I agree there are plenty of "performera" non grata among the inductees. Music in general is subjective as is any art form. I personally don't understand why GMF and Run DMC are in and The SugarHill Gang is not - I mean IF rap or hip hop or whatever they call it is a sub-genre of R&R shouldn't the ones that started it be in? And speaking of crackheads......I would rather see Rick James in than LL Cool J.

...and Cheaps, I would think that a person as level headed and fair as you would be able to step back, take a look at the whole picture and be objective. I mean - 3 albums out of what? 25+? If they were baseball ball players they would have like a .120 BA - would you induct a player with a lifetime BA of .120? I suppose a pitcher - and Gene is a good pitch man - that's for sure. :thumbsup:

^ apples and oranges, camuch ... you have to consider more than "stats" in the R&R HOF ... Rock & Roll is not a competition & INFLUENCE is a major factor. The Sex Pistols only released one LP & is still one of the most important bands in history.

...and KISS recorded more than 3 good LPs ;)

INFLUENCE is a major factor.

^ Touche'

You do have a point - they have influenced the throngs of $$$hore$$$ that will be inducted in the future like Miley Cyrus and Taylor Swift. Yes they should be in before- rather "instead of" THEM. Yes, the whole thing is a competition at this point - exactly the farse that it is. Does being enshrined into that institution or not affect how you feel about any of your favorite artist? Of course not. Why sweat it then? It's just a building. Really - that's all it is.

I really doubt that Miley Cyrus and Taylor Swift cite KISS as an influence! :rofl:

It's just a building. Really - that's all it is.

True ... but as a passionate music fan, It still churns my tummy to have the term Rock & Roll exploited :pinch:

• 11 months later...

I think the ceremony is the focal point now - not who is worthy.

THE BEASTIE BOYS ?????? ARE YOU KIDDING ME ??? This is cruel joke being played on Rock & Roll.

I better stop here ... take a deep breath ... think about blood pressure...